What's the name of that movie?

Tools    

What's the name of that movie where that midget kills his friends mom with a baseball?

Simon Birch, isn't it?

MovieForums Extra

Haven't heard of it, but it sure sounds like a really violent movie!

It's not a violent movie at all. There's just a part where Simon, while playing in the softball game, hits a foul ball that beans his friends mother and kills her (the mother is played by Ashley Judd, by the way). The rest of the movie is pretty sappy and sweet. I believe it's based on the John Irving book " A Prayer for Owen Meany".

Yeah! That's it! That's the one!
I liked it. I'm trying to trade for it but I needed the name so I could see if anyone has it.

Thanks!

I like that movie okay, too. I watched it on Pay-Per-View back when it was on Pay-Per-View and found it enjoyable.

Glad I could help with the title.

I saw this movie a long time ago on tv. It was in black & white. It was set in the 30's I think, they didn't have tv's just radios, and every night for 7 days God would come out on every station in every language and say stuff. The entire world would stop to listen every night at 7 I think. Does anyone know the name of this movie? I think I saw this movie in the 70's but I think it was in black & white because it was an old movie and filmed before they invented color film.

MovieForums Extra
Can't say that I've heard of this movie, but now you've got me interested!! It appeals to my sense of curiousity!

Oh yeah, another movie I remember seeing as a child, quite possibly the first movie I remember consciously...

It was about a big oil fire that had broken out, and that there was absolutely no way of putting out with water. The only way apparently is to bring in a whole load of TNT and blow it up. But the only place they can get the TNT from is really far away, and the path to the oil rigs is attrocious...So they send several fire trucks (I think), and they have one hell of a hard time getting there, through mountains, muddy waters...etc. In the end, only one or two of the fire trucks finally make it, blow it up and put the fire out. But when they're celebrating, they get drunk, and as they're driving the fire trucks back, the one with the main character in it (could have been Steve McQueen but it's a wild stab in the dark) starts swerving on the road and flies off the cliff....

I know it sounds REALLY wierd when I type it up like this, but that's the way I remember seeing it, and I sure wouldn't mind seeing it again! Anyone have the faintest idea what I'm blabbing about?!

I saw that movie!
I don't remember the name of it but I remember seeing it. I think most of the trucks blow up on the way and only 1 or 2 make it to the fire. And there's mud and ruts and stuff in the road! I remember! Wish I could remember the name of it tho.

MovieForums Extra
Yeah yeah that's the one!!! TNT goes off in one or two of them, there's plenty of mud and rats...now I really want to see that movie again!!