Suggestion: Reviewer Rank Icons?

Tools    

Yeah, the two systems are linked. So if you go to The Godfatherl and click "Seen" it'll be checked off on any Lists it's on, and vice-versa.

Stuff like what genres you mostly cover would be cool.
Yeah, stuff like that, for sure. Bring the ratings (in case you didn't already know, you can rate films without reviewing them now) into it, too.

Yeah, the two systems are linked. So if you go to The Godfatherl and click "Seen" it'll be checked off on any Lists it's on, and vice-versa.
OH YEAH, that's very helpful.

Would basically mean my Lists are auto-updated as I do reviews, yeah?

So why did you make one for me and tell me to add it to my avatar on my hanniversary? Seems a bit disingenuous, Rules? I thought we were friends I even pretended not to have my PC feels hurtie so Cap E. Ville wouldnt jump to the defence of your golden locks and beating chest.
That was a joke between friends, I thought we were friends? You know it is usual for MoFos to post funny pics on Birthday and Anniversary threads. Sorry if you misunderstand my post link, you did rep me and laugh about it. Anyway this has nothing to do with this thread.

OH YEAH, that's very helpful.

Would basically mean my Lists are auto-updated as I do reviews, yeah?
Yep. At first it was just the Lists/Seen thing, but after awhile I rigged up the review approval process to feed into it, too, so any time a review is "accepted" it marks it, too. And made it retroactive, as well.

...It's a fair point. I do think there are ways to do this that minimize this element a little, like something on the profile and not right on the posts, for example.

That's been my compromise, for the most part: keep the focus on what people say on the posts themselves, and tuck away the "extra" stuff on their profile so it can be found and seen, but not detract from the posts. If we do anything with badges or awards, it'd be a lot like that, I think.
I was going to suggest that if you have to do this, how about on the profile and not under our avatars. And I see you already had thought about that too.

How about instead of having icons or awards for reviews, you extend the Review reader board to 10 places? That would give 5 more serious reviewers a chance to make it onto the board which should be enough public recognition...AND it would lower the number of reviews needed to get onto the board and give people something to shoot for. Right now it would take over 364 to make it on the board, but with 10 spots that number would be much lower.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
That was a joke between friends, I thought we were friends? You know it is usual for MoFos to post funny pics on Birthday and Anniversary threads. Sorry if you misunderstand my post link, you did rep me and laugh about it. Anyway this has nothing to do with this thread.
How anyone can find that emoji serious is beyond me.

Still, I dont like the the thought of the use of military style badges, but Yoda has clarified that.

I was going to suggest that if you have to do this, how about on the profile and not under our avatars. And I see you already had thought about that too.
Yeah, it would take a lot to make me we want to mess the general post display up. At most, another little icon above, but I wanna keep the core posting/reading stuff as clean as possible.

How about instead of having icons or awards for reviews, you extend the Review reader board to 10 places? That would give 5 more serious reviewers a chance to make it onto the board which should be enough public recognition...AND it would lower the number of reviews needed to get onto the board and give people something to shoot for. Right now it would take over 364 to make it on the board, but with 10 spots that number would be much lower.
I can dig that. I think I might just include a "View All" link or something though; right now it's set so it's about the same height as the review search.

@Yoda

I do favor anything or any idea that encourages more people to write and submit reviews. You might have seen me post to different members from time to time about how easy it is to write and submit reviews...and I encourage them to do so.

So just saying, I'm for more reviewers on MoFo We need more reviews...after watching a movie I use the Movie link to see what reviews there are, and to see ratings from anonymous MoFos. I wish more people would take a few seconds to rate the movies they've seen.

I had thought about mentioning to you some months ago about increasing the Review reader board to 10 places. Yes I can see it might mess up the real estate on that page by extending the length of the board. I do think serious reviewers would like to see their names on the board, so it would be neat if it was full 10, but it's understandable if there has to be a link that says View More.

Yeah, it would take a lot to make me we want to mess the general post display up. At most, another little icon above, but I wanna keep the core posting/reading stuff as clean as possible.
You could have something just camped alongside our Favorites and Lists icons. It would be very small and unintrusive, but could have a uh... uh... the term escapes me at the moment, a dropdown/popup on-hover thingy like the others, plus an embedded link.

@Yoda

I'm not in favor of rewards for more reviews written as why I stated before but am for movie watching overall. I think some come here to talk with others more than for the movies they watch. My life has been busy lately and I do wish I could watch more. Hopefully soon I can.

I have proved my knowledge of cinema but Im terrible at writing reviews so why deny me or anyone else of a "reward" where the more you write the higher the reward.

Well, if it makes any difference, I probably wouldn't add something like this without adding other badges (X number of posts, X numbers of movies logged, etc), so that people could be recognized in more than one way, and not just for review writing.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Eh. Isn't that what the mofie's are for?

Well, if it makes any difference, I probably wouldn't add something like this without adding other badges (X number of posts, X numbers of movies logged, etc), so that people could be recognized in more than one way, and not just for review writing.
What, like 1000 Shouts chievo?

I'm pretty indifferent to the idea. If enough people want it, then go for it, but the only recognition I really care to get for my reviews is in the form of replies. Rep is good, too. But replies are the most satisfying.