Social Autopsy: Let's Talk About "Social Justice"

Tools    

someone asked me (in a derisive tone) why I'm not on Facebook (as if every individual has some sort of obligation to be.)
That is 100% the whole reason why I vowed to never get a Facebook account.

"You got a Facebook or MySpace?"

*silently loathes the grammar of the question* "Are you on it?"

"Yes."

"Then no."

Worse yet is Twitter. I'm still trying to figure out why I'd want to follow the moment by moment running thoughts on the banal, vacuous, irrelevant minutia of several billion people's tedious daily lives when I've got my own moment by moment minutia and continuous inner monologue to deal with.
With Twitter I was just immediately put off by the character limit. If I'm gonna say anything worth saying I'm usually gonna take a couple paragraphs to say it.

The alternative is ****posting.

What happened to my post quoting banality? I'm on my profile and see posts disappearing that isn't my doing, ha. Context people!

What happened to my post quoting banality? I'm on my profile and see posts disappearing that isn't my doing, ha. Context people!
I had to remove the post (rules about language apply to images just as much as text, obviously), so naturally this entailed removing your reply for continuity reasons.

I had to remove the post (rules about language apply to images just as much as text, obviously), so naturally this entailed removing your reply for continuity reasons.
I get it. But it's a bit odd to remove Omni's post just quoting my facepalm and asking me what I thought. Anyway, crisis averted.

The best part of that post is that it can be read as the dictionary word rather than the username and it makes even more sense.
All too well unfortunately.

Thoughts?:

Talk to your child about stranger-danger: Not to scare, but to inform them.
Sure, not all men are paedophiles but offenders are predominantly male.

I don't want my kids sitting next to a man on a plane.
http://www.traveller.com.au/i-dont-w...-a-plane-375z6

My immediate thought is: If you fear for the safety of your child... why in the **** are you leaving them alone on an airplane to travel WAY BEYOND Mommy's safety bubble when apparently half the population is a sexual threat to them you stupid stupid stupid sexist.