The Tatty 100

→ in
Tools    

I just looked it up also have seen the american one I am going to look for it

I just looked it up also have seen the american one I am going to look for it
It's on Google Video, I presume legally so.

Very severe stuff, but you probably couldn't handle the enormity of the sectarian war in Northern Ireland properly with less.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Aye, Gus Van Sant's Elephant. I assumed when he made it that he'd just ripped off the title (there are many stylistic similarities too but I'm not so precious as to say he copied them too, this is cinema after all and there is very little genuinely 'new' left) and turned the idea into something pretentious and, well, Gus Van Sant-y. It plodded along like the pacaderm of the title...

Turns out that he actually had Danny Boyle's (Clarke had passed away by this stage) permission to do so. It's an homage then?

EDIT - Google video, you say? I doubt whether it's there legally but who am I to argue against people searching for it?

The Great Escape

Welcome to the human race...
Read that guy's other posts. If he's not a plant, I'm Brendan Behan.

Great list. I wouldn't have checked it out were I not paying extra attention to your post in the "what are you listening..." thread and trying to figure out why we're not supposed to call it Plastic Ono Band (and what we're supposed to call it). I saw the link hidden in your post and gave it a clickin'.

I seem to be the only person who likes Boiling Point (or whatever the Japanese name is) the most out of Takeshi Kitano's (or is it Kitano Takeshi's) films. Anyway, thanks for inadvertently recommending Ride the High Country, Cross of Iron, The Parallax View, Dead Man's Shoes, and Raining Stones (which I've put off too long but have bumped it up the list) to me.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The People's Republic of Clogher
I think it's supposed to be called John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band but I've heard people referring to it as 'his first album' or simply 'John Lennon' or 'Plastic Ono Band' (which I use).

Thanks for reading this old list, anyway.

I would still only add Clarke's Elephant to it so I guess I'm stuck in my ways.