The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
If only I had the time. I would love to play the remastered 12, but man, I can't even find time to finish RDR2, which i was loving while I was playing it. I somehow have less time to game now that all this stuff is going on.
I'm definitely finding myself bouncing between different games, movies, TV shows etc right now. Unsettled would be the word.

there's a frog in my snake oil
I... I took a chemistry class in VR last night. I think it was for 12-year-olds.

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do with my gaming hours now Alyx is done. Not quite ready to smuggle a gnome through it on hard just yet...

(I've returned to my default status: DO NOT PLAY THE FOREST IN VR, and then just go from there... )

The Adventure Starts Here!
If anyone's interested the Steam game WE HAPPY FEW is currently on sale at a whopping 75% off, from sixty bucks down to fifteen! I might take the plunge at that price.

If anyone's interested the Steam game WE HAPPY FEW is currently on sale at a whopping 75% off, from sixty bucks down to fifteen! I might take the plunge at that price.
Gameplay struck me as akin to Fallout, and the writing was entertaining, but the art style was a turn off. It should be my cup of tea, but I haven't been able to commit more than a couple of hours on two occasions. Still a good deal for what seems like a good game.

A system of cells interlinked
For those of you that haven't played the Mass Effect games, you can get the entire first trilogy of games for 12 bucks on Origin on sale for PC. I spent a little time afterward applying some mods to spruce things up, and have started a new play through of the first (and probably best) game. I haven't played the first one since 2008!

The People's Republic of Clogher
For those of you that haven't played the Mass Effect games, you can get the entire first trilogy of games for 12 bucks on Origin on sale for PC. I spent a little time afterward applying some mods to spruce things up, and have started a new play through of the first (and probably best) game. I haven't played the first one since 2008!
The texture and gamepad mods are pretty impressive. I've always thought 3rd person games play better with a controller and found it bizarre that Bioware didn't include the option in the PC Mass Effects despite them writing the code already for the console versions.

EDIT - The 'no scanning' mod for ME2 is also great, especially if you've already played through the game multiple times.

A system of cells interlinked
EDIT - The 'no scanning' mod for ME2 is also great, especially if you've already played through the game multiple times.
Excellent. I was dreading all that crap, so I will certainly get that going once we get to ME2.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Gameplay struck me as akin to Fallout, and the writing was entertaining, but the art style was a turn off. It should be my cup of tea, but I haven't been able to commit more than a couple of hours on two occasions. Still a good deal for what seems like a good game.
I did just buy it. It's been on my wishlist for a while but that original price seemed WAY too high. Fifteen bucks seems more reasonable. We'll see...

You ready? You look ready.
https://www.tjebackinthegroove.com/

It's on sale for the Xbox and Switch right now: $3.75
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Chances of anyone with a PS not playing the Uncharted games is close to zero. Then again, the trilogy is free-free right now. I think the 2nd is the greatest action/adventure game ever made.

there's a frog in my snake oil
I know I definitely shouldn't buy this. But I'm kinda tempted...

I think it's the tiger.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Chances of anyone with a PS not playing the Uncharted games is close to zero. Then again, the trilogy is free-free right now. I think the 2nd is the greatest action/adventure game ever made.
wait. what?
free-free?
as in... free? how? where? i never played them.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
wait. what?
free-free?
as in... free? how? where? i never played them.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020...me-initiative/

It doesn't say, but probably just go to the ps store.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020...me-initiative/

It doesn't say, but probably just go to the ps store.

Very cool. Thanks! Journey is available too. Prolly take me a week to download lol.

Started playing Observer. Yeah, I'm a teeny bit late to that party. So far so good. I like the look and general concept, though the gameplay takes some getting used to. My gripe is mostly with the voice acting. It's actively killing me. Now, I'm a fan of Hauer and all but I don't know if I would've chosen him to voice the main character. The writing could've used some improvements, also. But hey, it makes for a decent warmup to CP2077.

Started playing Observer. Yeah, I'm a teeny bit late to that party. So far so good. I like the look and general concept, though the gameplay takes some getting used to. My gripe is mostly with the voice acting. It's actively killing me. Now, I'm a fan of Hauer and all but I don't know if I would've chosen him to voice the main character. The writing could've used some improvements, also. But hey, it makes for a decent warmup to CP2077.
I liked Hauer's voice acting, though it did seem like he missed the mark on more than a few takes. A little eccentric/intoxicated, but that's a plus for me when compared to so many other vanilla video game lead voices.

I remember loving the mood of the game, though the glitchy parts (impressive as they are) got a little overbearing.

I'm playing the Blade Runner game now.