2000s
8.70%
4 votes
2010s
15.22%
7 votes
Something else (specify in thread)
46 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Poor auld Drama and Romance, left out in the cold again.

Just a sort of state-of-my-leanings:

If I had to put the poll up now, I'd put Comedy, Musicals, Noir, and War. So I guess anyone who really wants a fifth option (or really wants me to remove one of those, though the threshold for persuasion there is much higher), you've got until maybe Monday.

Welcome to the human race...
I still want to throw in Fantasy, though I don't think I'll press it if it means one of those four will have to miss the cut. Complaints about the vagueness of definition and overlap with existing genre lists don't seem to matter so much when one of the alternatives is Comedy.

The trick is not minding
I still want to throw in Fantasy, though I don't think I'll press it if it means one of those four will have to miss the cut. Complaints about the vagueness of definition and overlap with existing genre lists don't seem to matter so much when one of the alternatives is Comedy.
Fantasy is always an interesting one

Okay, how about this: if Fantasy gets TWO MORE people advocating for it, I'll add that too.
I would like fantasy as an option, but keep comedy as well

Fantasy countdown...more Lord of the Rings in the top 5 Sounds like a rehash of the last countdown.
Heh, yeah. I'd assume my ballot would be LotR, a couple of other sword & sorcery flicks, and the rest would be from my horror countdown ballot (I'm assuming supernatural horror is fantasy).

My fantasy ballot would more than likely consist of 25 titles I totally make up and just like the sound of.

Heh, yeah. I'd assume my ballot would be LotR, a couple of other sword & sorcery flicks, and the rest would be from my horror countdown ballot (I'm assuming supernatural horror is fantasy).
I'm not going to go on and on about this, but I think a Fantasy Countdown at this time would be the least rewarding for the MoFo community in general. Maybe sometime in the future it would be OK to do but I think we have fresher countdown ideas than that.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Fantasy countdown...more Lord of the Rings in the top 5 Sounds like a rehash of the last countdown.
Moreover... considering that LOTR is actually a war movie too ▷ you know... there is a War Countdown people talking about

Moreover... considering that LOTR is actually a war movie too ▷ you know... there is a War Countdown people talking about
That's an interesting point. I don't know if LOTR would or wouldn't be considered War? I guess that's up to the host I'd vote no myself, as it's a fictional war and there's enough real war based movies to go around.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
That's an interesting point. I don't know if LOTR would or wouldn't be considered War? I guess that's up to the host
Yes, and that's can open a segregation topic which is very dangerous...
I can see that LOTR can be discriminated and .... what about a long line of movies ... Troy is a war movie, The Hurt Locker is a war movie...

Shouldn't this better be named WWI-WWII-Vietnam War Countdown? ▷ (just to save the life of the host)

Shouldn't this better be named WWI-WWII-Vietnam War Countdown? ▷ (just to save the life of the host)
I know you're joking, but there are wars that were fought by countries other than the U.S. and the U.S. engaged in war before WWI and after Vietnam.