My Master 100 (2014)

→ in
Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"

My Master 100 (2014 Edition)

I've decided to give my top 100 favourites a reboot. I know it's only been a year since my last list, but it's always fun to create another, plus my favourite movies change on a weekly basis never mind a yearly. I never got to finish my last attemp the way I would of liked, and hopefully this time around I won't have any problems. I've actually been working on this for a good few weeks now, and ime glad I get to post my list now that the site is all nice and updated .

My list was cut down to 164 movies before my last 100 made the cut.

I have 68 movies of this list in my film collection. 12 of which are on Blu Ray, and the rest are on dvd.

My number 1, and 2 pick got swapped around 3 times while creating this list.
Enjoy...... And Welcome to my 100 favourites.

Wait, there are 32 movies in your top 100 that you don't have in your collection?

What?!
I own 68 movies that I have bought from stores, and offline. The other 32 are movies I have seen multiple times but do not own.

Yeah, I get that. It just seems strange to me to love a movie enough to rank it in your top 100 but not enough to buy it. Especially when we're talking about nearly 1/3 of the list.

The only movies I truly love but don't own are those that are new and not yet released on DVD.

don't worry about Miss Vicky, Masterman, lol. she loves finding these little things to comment on

it's understandable and no crime that you may not have gotten around to owning all your favorite movies yet

Yeah, I get that. It just seems strange to me to love a movie enough to rank it in your top 100 but not enough to buy it. Especially when we're talking about nearly 1/3 of the list.

The only movies I truly love but don't own are those that are new and not yet released on DVD.
There movies that I have seen multiple times. There are many movies I have seen in the cinema, on the tv, or downloaded so havn't felt the need to buy.

I probably own like 20 of my last top 100.

My % would be pretty low as well. I did sell my DVD collection to start from scratch a couple years ago though.

I would rather spend my time exploring the world of cinema and watching new films than buying ones I have already seen a few times already. I don't agree with this 'you have to see a film a few times for it to be a favourite' stuff. There is also no way I would be able to afford all of my favourite films in Blu-Ray which would be my preferred format.

100. Prometheus

"Sometimes to create, one must first destroy."

Fun Movie Triva:

Gemma Arterton, Carey Mulligan, Olivia Wilde, Anne Hathaway, Abbie Cornish and Natalie Portman were considered for the role of Elizabeth Shaw.

James Franco was considered for the role of Holloway.

99. Avatar

"All I ever wanted was a single thing worth fighting for."

Fun Movie Triva:

James Cameron originally planned to have the film completed for release in 1999. At the time, the special effects he wanted increased the budget to $400 million. No studio would fund the film, and it was shelved for eight years.

The movie is 40% live action and 60% photo-realistic CGI. A lot of motion capture technology was used for the CGI scenes.

98. The Bourne Identity

"Look at us. Look at what they make you give."

Fun Movie Triva:

The film was originally scheduled to be released in June 2001, but was delayed because of re-shoots ordered by director Doug Liman, including the car chase that takes place in the middle of the film.

There are no opening credits besides the Title Card.

I would rather spend my time exploring the world of cinema and watching new films than buying ones I have already seen a few times already. I don't agree with this 'you have to see a film a few times for it to be a favourite' stuff. There is also no way I would be able to afford all of my favourite films in Blu-Ray which would be my preferred format.
Same here. When I go to buy some movies I tend to pick ones I've never seen.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You must have a lot of money since you buy films blindly.

Not too impressive a start if you ask me. Fassbender is the best thing about Prometheus. A
movie. I didn't like Avatar (
) and thought Bourne Indentity was decent (
).
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Don't worry about Grumpy. He just wants boobs and Nic Cage in toy store teeth. Your list is starting fine.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Don't worry about Grumpy. He just wants boobs and Nic Cage in toy store teeth. Your list is starting fine.