What's happened to horror.

→ in
Tools    

There have been some horror movies paying homage to the classics recently, such as House of the Devil and The Pact. If they do eventually start making new horror films in b&w, I'd be more than happy to see that.
On the other hand, new b&w horror could end up being overdone just like found footage/documentary style films, but hopefully there will be some good ones before everyone gets sick and tired of the trend.

Asian horror is VERY good to watch and get scared by.
Interesting you mention that. I watched an Asian horror film a few months ago, and loved it. Most of today are lacking, so it makes sense to expand the sources to pick from. I'm def. going to check out some more of these foreign films.

Interesting you mention that. I watched an Asian horror film a few months ago, and loved it. Most of today are lacking, so it makes sense to expand the sources to pick from. I'm def. going to check out some more of these foreign films.
I'd recommend Jigoku, The Eye, and 3 Extremes for the creepy stuff
Also, if you're into funny B movies, you should check out Meatball Machine, Tokyo Gore Police, and Mutant Girls Squad.
Watch Thirst, too - not scary, just a damn good film.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Is horror making a comeback? Split, Get Out, It Follows are a few gems of recent years (two from this year).

Suspect's Reviews

Is horror making a comeback? Split, Get Out, It Follows are a few gems of recent years (two from this year).
Do you like Trick 'r Treat Suspect? For some reason i think that's your sort of film.

Behind The Mask is amazing, everyone should watch it.

Let The Right One In, The Descent, Ginger Snaps, House of the Devil, etc.

Pretty solid Horror Century so far IMO.

Do you like Trick 'r Treat Suspect? For some reason i think that's your sort of film.

Behind The Mask is amazing, everyone should watch it.

Let The Right One In, The Descent, Ginger Snaps, House of the Devil, etc.

Pretty solid Horror Century so far IMO.
Here is my REVIEW of it.

I liked it, but feel that a revisit would make me appreciate it more.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
What's happened to horror genre? This millennial promo sht

Here is my REVIEW of it.

Liked your review. You made it 8 years ago so i don't expect you to remember but just in case, what did you mean by "too out there" for a horror film?

I've seen it twice and really love it but there's one part i can't get on board with for some reason.

Here is my REVIEW of it.

Liked your review. You made it 8 years ago so i don't expect you to remember but just in case, what did you mean by "too out there" for a horror film?

I've seen it twice and really love it but there's one part i can't get on board with for some reason.
I think I meant too far out there in weirdness for me to predict what would happen.

1. It's moved to TV, some of the best horror is now on TV from Walking Dead, Black Mirror, Bates Motel, and Hannibal.

2. The concept is the new star, Lights Out, It Follows, It Comes At Night, Get Out, Don't Breathe, Split, Babadook... the main point of horror is to set your world and sell your concept.

3. Quality control and even improvement with sequels, Ouija and Anabelle were two films that weren't that great but both films sequels improved dramatically.

1. It's moved to TV, some of the best horror is now on TV from Walking Dead, Black Mirror, Bates Motel, and Hannibal.

2. The concept is the new star, Lights Out, It Follows, It Comes At Night, Get Out, Don't Breathe, Split, Babadook... the main point of horror is to set your world and sell your concept.

3. Quality control and even improvement with sequels, Ouija and Anabelle were two films that weren't that great but both films sequels improved dramatically.
They should take notes from The Thing.

I think horror's not bad at the moment, actually. There's lots of crap, but that's the same thing for any genre, but there's been lots of good horrors in the 2010s.
Now comedy...

hollywood concentrating more on series rather than making movies as before, the whole quality of action movies has been down aswell for a long time, but the horror genre i guess we ve had some decent flicks since the turn of the millenium, but yeah since 2010 the horror genre has been kind of inexistent if not for a couple of good films like insidious chapter 1 and a couple of other spine tingling horror thrillers of late.