50 Coolest Characters

Tools    

"Pain can be controlled - you just disconnect it."

Jack Sparrow the coolest character ever created? Somehow I don't think so...

I mean each to their own tastes and that but I don't see what people find so entertaining about Johnny Depp giving a childish and repetitive performance as a drunken idiot. I can see why some people may find it 'cool', or maybe more appropriately 'funny', it's a Disney production (hence it's success) and this eccentric main character is to target a particular audience (in fact the whole film(s) is) - I'm obviously not one of them.

Give me any Tarantino character ever created over him in fact I've only seen Die Hard from the films on this list anyway, McLane is a predictable but very good choice.

Tarantino's character are more badass than cool.

^Fine.

Just recently saw Kill Bill 1 and 2.The movie has absolutely no story at all though the fight scenes are great.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
^Fine.

Just recently saw Kill Bill 1 and 2.The movie has absolutely no story at all though the fight scenes are great.
I've never seen Kill Bill but I've heard nothing but good things.

"Give me the biggest guy in the world, you smash his knee and he'll drop like stone."

I've never seen Kill Bill but I've heard nothing but good things.
I thought so too.After seeing the praise for the movie and the fact I loved Pulp Fiction,I watched Kill Bill.It was average at best.It has the best fight scene in movie history but there wasn't a strong story.The climax of Kill Bill 2 was such a let down.

I thought so too.After seeing the praise for the movie and the fact I loved Pulp Fiction,I watched Kill Bill.It was average at best.It has the best fight scene in movie history but there wasn't a strong story.The climax of Kill Bill 2 was such a let down.
Kill Bill 2 is filled with story, it spends most of its time giving us background information on the Bride, explaining why she left the assassination team, her relationship with Bill, her training etc. Each of the characters is well developed and has their own story as well, like Budd in the second one.

You complain that whilst it has great fight scenes is lacks story and whilst that might be true for the first volume, which is very much focussed on style, it's the opposite for the second part which balances well. If anything the ending of Kill Bill 2 does exactly what you ask for and gives us story instead of just fighting which it could have easily done with the Bride and Bill, their relationship is very much the focus of volume 2 and is massively focussed on with story. So it just seems like your contradicting yourself here, you praise Volume 1 for the 'greatest ever fight scene' but criticise the films on the whole for lack of story, yet the ending of volume 2 does the opposite, it should please you in the fact it isn't a massive fight scene and is very much character and relationship based with lots of dialogue and background story, yet you think of it as a let down...

"Touch me and that hand will never touch anything again."

Not Enough Time
Those are not Tarantino characters.
I thought they meant on this list.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

42. James Dalton

RoadHouse

"Give me the biggest guy in the world, you smash his knee and he'll drop like stone."

"Dags, ya like "Dags?"

"Okay hard drinkers, let's drink hard. I'm buyin'."