50 Coolest Characters

Tools    

Looking good so far, +rep for John McClane.

I hope you will include this bad ass mother f*cker in your top 10.

Actually, now I'm thinking of creating a list of characters myself, a top 10 of favorite Tarantino characters. But I will let you finish your list first.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Looking good so far, +rep for John McClane.

I hope you will include this bad ass mother f*cker in your top 10.

Actually, now I'm thinking of creating a list of characters myself, a top 10 of favorite Tarantino characters. But I will let you finish your list first.

Go for it I'd be interested in seeing that.

" Your my big brother and you bailed on me!"

Not Enough Time
Brad Pitt hopefully isn't on that list.
ummmm hello? Tyler Durden? jeez gotta hate on Brad Pitt huh? haha

and Billy Beans.

and Death (Meet Joe Black).

3 fantastic characters

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

"When you understand the nature of a thing, you know what its capable of."

Those are not Tarantino characters.
This.

+ I actually loved Brad Pitt as Aldo Raine, okay it's not as an intelligently written character as some of Tarantino's others but it adds a different side to the Basterds story and I found myself loving most scenes with him in, scalps speech, the jew beating/Hugo Stiglitz scene, the Italian scene etc. he's meant to come across as less serious and more funny in my opinion.

ALSO just remembered about Brad Pitt in True Romance, one of his first films, okay he doesn't have much screen time at all but his stoner character is great

"Hey, this is a real nice hobby room. All you need now is a hobby!"

" Children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breath to defend it!"

The coolest movie character is Captain Jack Sparrow.Everything he did screamed cool.

If you see the top 10 highest grossing franchises,only two franchises are not based on books or superhero movies-Mission Impossible and Pirates of Caribbean.Mission Impossible success is due to Tom Cruise's limitless charisma.The success of Pirates on the other hand is solely due to just one character-CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW

I respect your opinion, but it's not really my kind of list so far. Besides John McClane, maybe, I don't really respect one of these characters that much to think they're "COOL".

When you think cool do you think style?. Ime more going down the route of cool.... as in character.

For me Jack Sparrow represents everything that is cool.

The very first scene where makes sure the two clown soldiers get into an argument was brilliant.

Jack Sparrow has more 'cool' moments than any character in movie history

Jack Sparrow the coolest character ever created? Somehow I don't think so...

I mean each to their own tastes and that but I don't see what people find so entertaining about Johnny Depp giving a childish and repetitive performance as a drunken idiot. I can see why some people may find it 'cool', or maybe more appropriately 'funny', it's a Disney production (hence it's success) and this eccentric main character is to target a particular audience (in fact the whole film(s) is) - I'm obviously not one of them.

Give me any Tarantino character ever created over him in fact I've only seen Die Hard from the films on this list anyway, McLane is a predictable but very good choice.

"Well damn if you ain't so sweet you make sugar taste just like salt."

If Daniel Plainview isn't #1, you might as well drown in a toilet.
Daniel is one of my top choices.

Another one of my favorite characters is Ripley:

Easily one of the most memorable characters ever. Her role in Aliens is for the ages. I think that she will appear on this list.

But my favorite fictional character of all time (in all forms of fictional narrative) is Nausicaä, that shows up as main character of the anime film of the same name. Though she is too pure and serious to be actually "cool" (she doesn't make a single joke in the two hour movie nor in the 1,100 pages of the book). So she is not adequate for this list.