PeterVincent's Top 150

→ in
Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Is that Andre the Giant?

Yes, it is. That's still not a reason to suffer The Princess Bride. That said, you'll probably like it.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
108. Alien Resurrection

Alien Resurrection is a guilty pleasure of mine for one big reason...it has a perfectly bizarre tone. Surely enough it's a tone that doesn't belong in an Alien film, but somehow it manages to complement the atmosphere and eccentric/over-the-top characters. Weaver steals the show as usual as Ellen Ripley, but this time with an interesting twist on the role. Whilst Winona Ryder stinks up the place, but is saved by the overwhelming charisma of Ron Perlman, who almost, ALMOST does a better job than Weaver. Lest we forget that Wheadon rote the script, & despite him stating that the filmmakers did; 'everything wrong' with his script, I for one love the small amounts of Wheadoneske that made it through to the final film.

And the score. Let's not forget the score.

107. Airplane (Flying High)

Don't call me Shirley.

One of the most quotable films of all time just so happens to be one of the funniest. Before spoof films became cultural reference, after cultural reference, we got Airplane. Of course, Airplane's show is completely stolen by the one, the only...Leslie Nelson.

I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.

106. Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2

The Harry Potter film series has always had a strong place in my heart, & it call came full circle in the final chapter. Whilst the pace is almost too fast for it's own good, the action is amazing & the old moral tales of sticking by your friends & staying true to each other is still reverent. Alan Rickman surprises more than anybody in the whole film, managing to make me cry...I'm not kidding.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I love Alien Resurrection. I also like Airplane, but I think the show is stolen completely by the camp airline worker, I forget his name.

105. The Transporter

The Statham, that's what makes this film. Although it's plot is bizarre & bounces around the place, The Transporter succeeds mainly through it's 'tough guy with a golden heart' lead, played of course by the underrated Jason Statham (to myself, at least). Lest we forget the set pieces and car chases that came with this film, & the spectacular action sequences towards the climax. This film also introduced us to the rules of 'transporting'...and two disappointing sequels.

104. Toy Story 3

When people ask me;
'What was the most traumatising cinematic experience for you?'
I always reply with Toy Story 3.

Toy Story 3 does something that few franchises succeed in, it manages to be an excellent third film, & there ain't too many of those.
From Tom Hanks' Woody to Michael Keaton's Ken, there is not a single jarring flaw in this film that I can find.

What traumatised me? Well a scene involving hand holding & a giant pit of fire nearly made my heart explode & the finale leaves me drowning in tears every. single. time.

103. Back To The Future Part II

So it turns out that they really didn't need roads at all where they were going, all they needed was some more Biff, some Griff & heck, why not have a new catchphrase for Marty? ('Nobody calls me chicken.')

Back To The Future Part II succeeds as a sequel to the original & a film on it's own. Huzzah!

102. Caddyshack

'Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na!'

Chevy Chase's performance aside, Caddyshack is one heck of a comedy gem. With Bill Murray stealing the show & Dangerfield being, well...Dangerfield. Lest we forget that god damn Gopher, who was almost as funny as Murray, because he's a puppet thingy!

101. Wild At Heart

'My dog...barks some.'

A film so bizarre it could only have been made by Lynch himself, and so it was. With Nicolas Cage delivering a hilarious performance and some even more hilarious dance moves, Wild At Heart seems like a great movie, but what makes it even better is Laura Dern's...well...assets, and a horrifying performance from Mr. William Dafoe.

100. 300

A man's movie. Delivering on visuals & kickassery (& nothing else...unless you count slow motion), 300 goes in with spears & special effects, swords, blood & just...ah! Madness! With Leonidas becoming an ass kicking icon and such and so forth. Well...this synopsis didn't come out as nice as expected but...300!

99. Hairspray

Perhaps one of the more bizarre additions to my list, Adam Shankman's Hairspray has a strange affect upon me. If I had to point a finger when it came to who to blame for it's place on my list it might be the performance of the Mr. James Marsden, the Mr. Christopher Walken & of course the Mr. John Travolta...who is a Mrs. here. What Hairspray succeeds in is pure fun & a not-so-subtle message about ourselves & society.

And Zac's in it. I like Zac.

98. Fright Night (2011)

'Let's kill something.'

Living up to the original Fright Night is a difficult & ultimately impossible task, but following the basic plot of it & then making a fairly different film whilst still respecting the original material is something that earned my respect. Whilst the remake of Fright Night doesn't boast a lot of flashy special effects & doesn't have a particularly well-known director on board, where it succeeds is in it's supporting actors. Christopher Mintz-Plasse chews the scenery as Evil Ed, whilst the show is stolen by David Tennant & his surprisingly loose and bizarre performance as Peter Vincent. An underrated & misunderstood film.

97. In Bruges

Colin Farrell, my man. I always knew you had a lot of raw talent hidden away somewhere, & sure enough, I saw plenty of it here. In Bruges is a witty crime/comedy film that manages to not only be a riot when it comes to being funny, but it also manages to be a pretty dark & serious film when it needs to be. That's hard to pull off. Also stars Ralph Fiennes, & Matt Smith (in a deleted scene).

Did you like the original Hairspray?
Aye, I do enjoy the original Hairspray, however, I prefer the musical remake in terms of entertainment.

96. The Muppet Movie

Kermit! The gang! My old friends! How I get overwhelmed with nostalgia each time I see your precious felt faces! The Muppet Movie tells an honest tale with charm & catchy tunes, but the real stars of the show are those two old guys. You know who I'm talking about.

95. The Wizard Of OZ

If I had to think of one word to describe this film, it would be Timeless. The Wizard Of OZ manages to somehow remain entertaining & enjoyable to this very day, & even a few of the special effects still hold up! (I said a FEW). The performances by the three friends of Dorothy are arguably the best aspect.

94. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Clark. Need I say more?

93. Ghostbusters

Hilarious? Thrilling? Exciting? Entertaining? Classic? These are merely a few of the words that describe Ghostbusters. Rick Moranis was my favourite character as a child, however, like every single human being before me, I've slowly accepted Bill Murray as my favourite Ghostbusters character.

92. Lawrence Of Arabia

A multi-award winning film that...people don't really talk about anymore, with of course the exception of Michael Fassbender's character in Prometheus. Lawrence Of Arabia is a movie with a message, or messages I guess. It's story is filled with subtle themes and even a few morals. Huzzah! Wait...why did I say huzzah?

91. Broken Arrow

An underrated action film? Perhaps. I like to refer to it as a great action film. Slater is fine as the protagonist but Travolta absolutely kills it as the antagonist who delivers some fantastic quotes & scenes that I reenact on a weekly basis, well, maybe monthly.

'FIND HIM!'

90. Die Another Day

Mr. PeterVincent loves this film for all of the wrong reasons.

Die Another Day manages to take James Bond, a relatively serious character with a relatively serious franchise (so-and-so) & transform it into the most ludicrous cartoon ever, now with 97% more Brosnan puns! (Which I love). Die Another Die inserts the most unpredictable plot points and teasers into it as well, including, but not limited to;

- Plastic surgery villains.

- Hover tanks.

- An Ice Castle.

- An invisible car.

& last but not least, Madonna.

89. Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallow Part 1

I like me some slow, tense, resourceful and entertaining build up more than the actual finale's sometimes, so when Harry Potter's second last film adaptation came around, I was more than pleased. With less dumb teen drama and more dark fights and emotional struggles, this instalment managed to entertain and please me on a spectacular level. Tears were not shed, but my eyes were slightly misted. Bravo, cast & crew.

88. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

...You know why this is on the list.