PeterVincent's Top 150

→ in
Tools    

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
No it hasn't. It's been awful. I think you should've started at #100, Peter.
If I had started at #100, there would be no Highlander II.

Layer Cake is a good film, smart and stylish British crime that I very much enjoyed. I'd give it

Batman I must have seen, but can't give a rating it was that long ago.

Hot Fuzz
is great, I'd give it
+, Temple of Doom I'd give the same too.

X-Men
I like and would give
although I probably need to re watch it too.

Three Amigos
at the moment I would say
, used to be a film that I found quite funny, not sure I'd enjoy it so much if I saw it again.

Lots of cheesy and controversial films so far, but it's great fun to see these choices and makes a list far more interesting

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Executive Decision is just awful. They killed off the film's charisma in the first act.

Whilst this entry is a big change in tone and quality for the series, and was once my least favourite, Temple Of Doom manages to continue the Indiana Jones adventure with some amazing set pieces, fun chases, & some great humour...& I'm not talking about Kate Capshaw.

129. Under Siege 2: Dark Territory

RRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYBBBBBBBBAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!
I'm not a big fan of the 'Die Hard on a...' genre of films, however when Seagal decides to enter that genre, it's always good news...well...sometimes. Steven Seagal is a man with an interesting amount of talent, it flourishes in some areas, and disappears in others. Under Siege 2: Dark Territory is an interesting take on the 'Die Hard on a...' film series, and a good sequel to the underrated Under Siege film. TylerDurden99 might enjoy this entry.

128. Underworld

Len Wiseman did one thing right in his life. He showed us that Kate Beckinsale is indeed the hottest woman alive & that, well...she's the hottest woman alive...oh! And Bill Nighy is completely insane. Whilst Underworld has a weak pace & even weaker special effects, it has a thick & heavy plot & some interesting acting from Beckinsale, Nighy & Sheen.

127. Highlander: The Final Dimension (The Sorcerer)

Perhaps a more surprising entry in this list than the second Highlander, Highlander 3: The Final Dimension is an entry in the series that has recently earned a deep place in my heart. Highlander 3 may fail as an entertaining stand alone film, however, it succeeds as a nostalgic trip back to the original Highlander & an emotional piece of Highlander glory, really only for die hard Highlander fans. The absolute greatest scene in this film, is the amazing montage with Christopher Lambert forging a sword, running around, practising with his swords & rowing in a boat.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Wow Undersiege 2 sucks. I love the character, but the second film sucks.

He showed us that Kate Beckinsale is indeed the hottest woman alive & that, well...she's the hottest woman alive..
In a world full of wrongness, this statement is King.

126. Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl

Before the over extended chase sequences & ludicrous plots about double crossing to get to the Fountain Of Youth whilst avoiding a one-legged man because of a prophecy, there was a movie that shocked the world with a performance that became an icon. The Curse Of The Black Pearl was, and still is, a fun little adventure with an incredible performance from Johnny Depp. Whilst some of the sequels were unnecessary, the original still holds up & can be re-watched over & over again.

125. I Love You Phillip Morris

Behold! A very much underrated and unknown Jim Carrey comedy that co-stars Ewan McGregor. This film is not only a hilarious exploration into conning & the troubles of being gay, it's an emotional exploration into conning & how to deal with it when your partner is gay. Ewan gives an outstanding performance & manages to jerk a few tears whilst Carrey is hilarious & reminds you that he can still act.

124. Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade

NO TICKET!
Whilst Temple Of Doom was an interesting change, The Last Crusade was a cunning return to form, peppered with wit & Sean Connery. Harrison Ford returns as the world's greatest adventurer, Indiana Jones, and he punches, runs, drives, swims, walks, drives, punches, explodes, shoots, punches, punches, solves & cons his way through an outstanding adventure. Oh! And it's one of the last good Sean Connery movies of his career. Hats off to Spielberg's direction, which is always fantastic.

I really enjoyed Pirates and it's a memory made easier to keep because I've never seen any of the sequels or know what any of them are about.

I Love You Phillip Morris is one of the many films I own but have not watched.

I Love You Phillip Morris is one of the many films I own but have not watched.
I would highly recommend it, honeykid.

Love Indiana Jones and Pirates(btw,I like them all,more or less) but I was disappointed with I Love You Philip Morris.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Your best set so far in my eyes. I love the first Pirates film and Last Crusade. And I greatly enjoyed I Love You Phillip Morris.

Very interesting list so far.

A bit too heavy on the conventional modern Hollywood formula, IMO, but nearly all the movies here that I have watched were all very entertaining and worth watching.