Best Blu-Ray?

Tools    

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
Hiya! Straight to the question, cause curiosity is cool, in your opinion what is the best Blu-Ray? It doesn't have to be about just picture quality and sound it can also be about the quality of the film itself, but it's up to you. Mine is probably the Star Trek Blu-Ray...because it makes my TV look pretty and I can make out each individual sweat on Eric Bana's head. What's yours?

Going by quality of blu-ray because if it's a good film it doesn't matter what format you watch it on, dvd or blu-ray.

One of the best I've seen is Avatar - it looks absolutely sublime on blu-ray. This is one film to see if you want to test what blu-ray can do. After the blu-ray, you can see the difference when you put the DVD of Avatar in, very big difference. It comes in a gorgeous steelbook too(see below) that went out of print in just a few days here so glad I pre-ordered it at the time.

All the natural habitat scenes like this for example look just astonishing:

I will agree that Avatar is pretty sweet on blu ray. I also enjoy RHPS on blu ray but that's only because it's my favorite movie.

I think pretty much everything looks amazing on Blu-ray, but one of my favorites is Sunshine. The outer space shots are great.

Also, I surprised that you all like Avatar. To me it looks very cartoony on Blu-ray. It didn't look as bad in the theater, but when I watched it at home on Blu-ray a lot of the CGI looks shiny and cartoony. The scenery and the Mechs look good, but the characters and creatures look really fake.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
My pride and joy:
LOTR Extended Edition Blu-Ray Box Set

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I decided NOT to pick up the LOTR blurays because each movie is on two discs. That's blasphemy.

Suspect's Reviews

Batman Begins looks stunning on blu ray. Well, most of Nolan's films look stunning on blu ray but the contrast is perfect in that film.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I decided NOT to pick up the LOTR blurays because each movie is on two discs. That's blasphemy.
Yeah, it's kind of annoying. But totally worth it to me for the endless hours of extra footage

Action movies are best to watch on Blu ray like:

RED
The Losers
Thor
Iron Man
Batman Begins
Star Wars
Harry Potter
etc....

You ready? You look ready.
Kingdom of Heaven or Blade Runner: The Final Cut
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Isn't blu-ray just blu-ray? Since it's a digital standard, it all comes out the same so the movie itself doesn't matter if the quality is there in the first place.

Isn't blu-ray just blu-ray? Since it's a digital standard, it all comes out the same so the movie itself doesn't matter if the quality is there in the first place.
Aye, but usually this sort of question is shorthand for something like "which film benefits the most from being on Blu-ray"?

Queen live in montreal

Going by quality of blu-ray because if it's a good film it doesn't matter what format you watch it on, dvd or blu-ray.

One of the best I've seen is Avatar - it looks absolutely sublime on blu-ray. This is one film to see if you want to test what blu-ray can do. After the blu-ray, you can see the difference when you put the DVD of Avatar in, very big difference. It comes in a gorgeous steelbook too(see below) that went out of print in just a few days here so glad I pre-ordered it at the time.

All the natural habitat scenes like this for example look just astonishing:

Great, now I'm sold on the movie. Gonna have to buy it now just to watch it on my plasma.

There are those who call me...Tim.
My favourite (of my very small collection admittedly) is The Dark Knight. It's kind of cheating since it had Imax footage, but that footage is so incredibly detailed and clean that I don't feel like I'm watching a film, I feel like my TV is a window and I'm looking through it.

At complete strangers. Who are performing in costumes. Who don't know I'm watching them.

...Naked...

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Mine is probably the Star Trek Blu-Ray...because it makes my TV look pretty and I can make out each individual sweat on Eric Bana's head. What's yours?
The funny thing is i own Star Trek (not on blu-ray mind you), and its a fave of the reboot genre, and had no flippen idea nero was played by bana.

Anyway, i just got a shwack of blu-rays for an early birthday gift, and while i havent viewed em all, im currently watching/listening to

Rush- Beyond the Lighted Stage (documentary 2010)

and thus far, its amazing.

The new Harry Potter case looks nice, as well as the Lord of the rings Extended