Actors that instantly turn you off a film

Tools    

Baldwin is incredibly arrogant in 30 Rock, that is his character basically so i could see you not liking him in that either. It is absurdist though, i'm sure anyone here who has watched a decent amount of it would agree it is mostly Tina Feys writing of him being practically the only Conservative on the show, while being Liz' (Tina Feys) self appointed mentor. More than anything it gives him an absurdly right wing character that manages to stay likable simply because his opinions are so far out that they are hard to take seriously, the one comment that i've seen posted in alot of sites that i didn't know was from 30 Rock until recently was the "Hilary is planning on creating an all gay army" comment. That is the sort of thing he says throughout.

James Spader
Jake Gyllenhaal
Rob Schneider
Ben Stiller
Owen Wilson

Just to name a few.
Thank you. I consider Ben Stiller to be one of the most bland men in comedy. Entirely my opinion, but it's hard for me to enjoy his demeanor. It's like he barely exists in his own films.

I need to add a name to my list...

I cant stand Javier Bardem...

I have a few of his films but its hard to watch... the only one I can stand to watch is Amenábar's "The Sea Inside"

I have a few of his films but its hard to watch... the only one I can stand to watch is Amenábar's "The Sea Inside"

I'm allergic to Domnhall Gleeson which ruined Brooklyn's ostensible romantic dilemma for me and in general made 2015 a rough year for moviegoing.

Adam Sandler too, but that one has a more obvious source, he's a terrible actor who almost exclusively makes abysmal movies.

Thank you. I consider Ben Stiller to be one of the most bland men in comedy. Entirely my opinion, but it's hard for me to enjoy his demeanor. It's like he barely exists in his own films.
If you think Ben Stiller barely exists in his films, I'm thinking you've never seen Tropic Thunder.

Kenneth McMillan - I saw him again in a movie, and he always plays a jerk.
He's great as Baron Harkonnen.

I'm allergic to Domnhall Gleeson which ruined Brooklyn's ostensible romantic dilemma for me and in general made 2015 a rough year for moviegoing.
I can sort of see what you mean as I get the impression he might irritate me a bit in Star Wars (which might be the point), whereas in Dredd I thought he was completely brilliant.

I liked him in The Dancer Upstairs.

Robert Taylor....most of you don't know who that is, but boy is he bland.
Yeah, it's true.

If you think Ben Stiller barely exists in his films, I'm thinking you've never seen Tropic Thunder.
I can totally understand the attitude about Ben Stiller, but he may do better with larger casts.

I liked Mystery Men (1999) and Stiller's character of Mr. Furious was pretty funny, but then Stiller had a great ensemble cast to work with:
Hank Azaria
William H. Macy
Janeane Garofalo
Kel Mitchell
Paul "Pee Wee Herman" Reubens
Wes Studi
Greg Kinnear
Geoffrey Rush
Eddie Izzard
Tom Waits

Within such a concoction of comedy, a small dose of Stiller isn't hard to take!

P.S. I saw Tropic Thunder in the On-Demand list for one of my channels - I may put it on the itinerary to watch tonight.

I have to return some videotapes...
Adam Sandler sucks, but I have never taken him seriously in my entire life so he doesn't really count. The serious ones that bug me though is Domhnall Gleeson because he is the most wooden actor who gets a ton of parts.

Adam Sandler sucks, but I have never taken him seriously in my entire life so he doesn't really count. The serious ones that bug me though is Domhnall Gleeson because he is the most wooden actor who gets a ton of parts.
Good point, I once took Michael Cera seriously, not anymore.

The serious ones that bug me though is Domhnall Gleeson because he is the most wooden actor who gets a ton of parts.
What I've seen of him in Star Wars leads me to think that, but he was phenomenal in Dredd, so I'll reserve judgement.