Questions about Pleasantville

Tools    

Hi guys! My name is Alan and I live in Sweden. I have a movie dicussion tomorrow in school about the movie Pleasantville. I've watched the movie twice now but never seem to understand anything about it. My teacher have posted the questions online for us to be prepared.

My question for you guys is if you could help me with my questions. I would really be thankful. I hope my english isn't too bad since it isn't my main language.

The questions:
1. How and why do the characters grow and develop in the film?
2. What values and beliefs about how we should live our lives are communicated in
Pleasantville?
3. How does the filmmaker communicate these ideas in his film?
4. How is 1950s American portrayed in the film Pleasantville?
5. What type of gender roles and expectations are present in the town of Pleasantville?
6. What is education like in the town of Pleasantville?
7. What is the symbolic significance of color—especially red—in the film?

I don't think you're going to get much of a response: lots of students come on here with similar requests. The ones who get the best response are the ones who actually try to have a discussion, rather than just expecting people to answer for them.

Asking for help is cool. Asking for people to do the work for you, not as much.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
I prac-taught English at an International College recently on Pleasantville for Year 10's, and it's probably best to go with your own interpretation Gerrard1998. The film juggles a lot of elements about society and perspectives, along with dozens of other themes. The best tool a teacher can have at helping you is seeing how well you understand those concepts on your own, so it's best to give it your best shot and then see how on-the-ball your interpretation is tomorrow! That way you can develop your own perspective from the discussion with the teacher and other students, and possibly come to a general consensus towards what those 7 questions may really mean.

Best of luck!