Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

Yep. If Batman vs Superman makes more money thŕn The Avengers then I want.

. A Man Of Steel Avatar.
. A Man Of Steel Banner
. And a quote from Man Of Steel as your sig.

If it doesn't, then I changed all mine to a theme of you choice.

Edit: The bet lasts a year.
You are going to lose this...

Man of Steel made $668 million global. Not even remotely close to the $1.5 billion made by The Avengers. The Dark Knight Rises made just over $1 billion. Even if you made the ridiculous leap that there is no overlap in those audiences you'd just barely make it.

Let's pretend that none of that matters. This film has at least 3 characters that "normal" audiences are not familiar with. The Avengers had the benefit of bringing together characters with which the audience already had a relationship. They may come out of curiosity and because it's, you know, superheroes. But they aren't going to flock to it as a familiar brand other than see above. Also, Ben-man isn't the Batman we are familiar with, so there may be some trepidation over that.

Concerning box office vs. DVD sales, go here. It's called "Box Office Mojo" so I'm sure there's no confusion about the numbers, right?

"Hey Look it's Masterman"

Man of Steel made $668 million global. Not even remotely close to the $1.5 billion made by The Avengers. The Dark Knight Rises made just over $1 billion. Even if you made the ridiculous leap that there is no overlap in those audiences you'd just barely make it.

Let's pretend that none of that matters. This film has at least 3 characters that "normal" audiences are not familiar with. The Avengers had the benefit of bringing together characters with which the audience already had a relationship. They may come out of curiosity and because it's, you know, superheroes. But they aren't going to flock to it as a familiar brand other than see above. Also, Ben-man isn't the Batman we are familiar with, so there may be some trepidation over that.

Concerning box office vs. DVD sales, go here. It's called "Box Office Mojo" so I'm sure there's no confusion about the numbers, right?
It's ridiculous that you think that those audiences are the only people that will go and watch.

You could bet you a** that DC will promote the crap out of this movie. There aim will be to topple marvel. And I think this movie will be huge. It's already got a huge buzz surrounding it, more so than The Avengers 2.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.

So you are saying he will fail because Man of Steel earned 668mil and TDKR earned 1bil,you do understand Batman and Superman are in this? Let's be honest,Batman and Superman alone are 2 most popular superheroes.Ofc fans of Superman and Batman will go to see this,that alone makes 1.5bil,even numbers you wrote make more than that,we can talk that Wonder Woman,Aquaman,Cyborg and others are not popular but still,they have their audience...You think Thor was super-mega popular or something?People who love Batman and Superman will come to see this(and that is huge number of people),everyone who loves Aquaman,Lex,Cyborg,Wonder Woman will come to see this and that is very decant number,everyone who loves Snyder will come to see this and he did create nice following,everyone who loves comics in general will see this,well you see where this goes...It's Batman and Superman in same f*cking movie!

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Ime pretty sure this movie will hit the billion mark.

As above mentioned, it's Batman vs Superman in the same movie. Them words alone will bring a huge audience.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

It's pretty selective negativity to say MOS was bad so all the others will be too and nobody outside the fanbase really knows Aquaman or Cyborg so that's a mistake to have them in the film... Batman being rebooted is a mistake etc etc etc...

Let's be honest, Hulk as an entity was on its knees beforehand... Ang Lee's Hulk then buried the franchise... The Incredible Hulk then kinda saved it but it wasn't great tbh... then Avengers with Ruffalo brought Hulk back but not before there was all the upset with Edward Norton being a complete dick.
I knew absolutely nothing about Black Widow, Hawkeye, Loki (apart from in Jim Carrey's movie The Mask ) or Thor before the Marvel films came out... and the only reference I really had on Captain America was the abysmal Yugoslavian film that was made in 1990 and the only Thor reference I had was when he appeared in this.
The Iron Man films aren't perfect either...

Both franchises have their faults... but to completely suck up to one and say it's perfect, and slam the other based on a couple casting decisions is pointless.

It wont beat Avengers. Comic fans aside the paying movie mainstream audience had a few years worth of buzz about an Avengers movie, and many an easter egg was impanted at end credits to perpetuate that buzz. DC didnt follow that patient marketing campaign and wont net the same gains.

How many people said they loved Iron Man? Many. How many same people said they loved Man Of Steel? Nowhere near as many. How many people love the idea of Affleck as Batman? It'll make good money though.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
TONGO,my point is,Batman and Superman are so big they became parts of culture,everyone knows who they are.Here is example of what I want to say,when great comic book comes out even people who are not regular readers take it and read it,when a great book comes out even people who don't read pick it up etc...This is first time they will be in movie together,its a big thing,Avengers were also big but characters are not even close...

As for other DC Universe films along with what I said in my last post about selective negativity...

Even Nolan's Batfilms had faults... Katie Holmes for starters shouldn't have been cast, full stop, then she left to make a box office failure chick flick leaving Maggie to pick up the pieces, who was then seen at a glimpse in a photo in TDKR that appeared so briefly it was as if the filmmakers were trying to actually hide the image.
TDKR is seen as a weak ending too... even though I liked it most out of all the 3 Nolanfilms...

The original Superman films were full of problems. Superman The Movie had a musical number and a time travel fix to Lois' death, neither of which I have never been able to understand... Superman II and the stuff between Donner, Lester and the studios... Superman III and IV, well, enough said... and then Superman Returns was just ugh.

Why all the hate for Snyder's films? We've only seen one, Man Of Steel...

Because its gonna look like a Snyder film, and not what Batman vs Superman should be. Heck, Man Of Steel looked more like a Batman film than any of Schumachers attempts. Snyder puts his style over the story. His style is incredible, but anyone that saw Sucker Punch knows his style alone isnt enough.

Having everything dark for the sake of darkness is dull. He's stuck in a rut like Olver Stone was. For a time every film Stone made after JFK had that same quick rapid shoot-away editing style, even if there was no place for it. Yes I think Natural Born Killers was overrated ass, and Tarantinos story was unrecognizable in Stones finished drug fueled product.

Zack Snyders good, but he aint that good. At least not yet.

I didn't think MOS was even that dark.
Really?! It was darker than Watchmen. Im not talking story content, but the actual visual look of the film. Krypton was dark like Gotham, Metropolis looked like Gotham, its like the screen is darkened a lil bit like we can do on our tv's.

Just my take and yes Ill eventually see BvS. The action scenes in MoS were top tier, its just the in-between that still needs some work.

Batman and Superman are so big they became parts of culture,everyone knows who they are. Here is example of what I want to say,when great comic book comes out even people who are not regular readers take it and read it, when a great book comes out even people who don't read pick it up etc...This is first time they will be in movie together, its a big thing....
Exactamundo and to the point. People have been craving for them to team up like this for over 10 years. Through every media outlet available they have been widely known as the world's greatest superhero team up. The Avengers may be a well known superhero team, but The Dark Knight and The Man of Steel together is purely epic.

Plus don't forget the film has even been teased in I Am Legend....

I don't hate Zach Snyder films and I've seen 4 of them

Man of Steel
Sucker Punch
Dawn of the Dead

We've gone on holiday by mistake
So we have a bet yes Masterman?

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
So internet.... I'm the only person that enjoyed Sucker Punch, noted.

Simple thing, it has to work. I loved MoS, but it was not as fun and entertaining as the Avengers (and because subconsciously I probably felt like I was watching a DBZ movie done right). Snyder is a capable director/writer, but I think one would discredit Whedon's great talent by thinking Snyder will equal it because of the Supes and Bats formula.

....then again, he could just throw the Dark Knight Returns on the big screen, call it Dawn of Justice and rake...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It wont beat Avengers. Comic fans aside the paying movie mainstream audience had a few years worth of buzz about an Avengers movie, and many an easter egg was impanted at end credits to perpetuate that buzz. DC didnt follow that patient marketing campaign and wont net the same gains.

How many people said they loved Iron Man? Many. How many same people said they loved Man Of Steel? Nowhere near as many. How many people love the idea of Affleck as Batman? It'll make good money though.
+1

I reckon it will do 700-800 million.

Basically people are very underwhelmed by Man of Steel so a sequel isn't going to get people into the cinemas. Also Ben Affleck being cast as a new Batman so soon after a revered Batman trilogy isn't exactly inspiring either. DC have totally fumbled the buildup as TONGO says, to their big movie as opposed to Marvels well worked buildup.

The ONLY chance that it has is if somehow it gets great reviews, and I mean like really really good reviews to generate a bit of buzz and get a sceptical public into Cinemas.