MoFo Top 100 Movies, Part III

→ in
Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
i was sad i didn't submit a list for the last mofo top 100 so i'll try to compile a list in time

More lists received, yay!

Lists Received:

Caitlyn
Harry Lime
michaelcorleone
mark f
SoulInside
Thursday Next

Keep em' comin'!

I'll try to send mine in. I've been working on a top 100 for several months now and haven't gotten very far, but top 25 should be easier for me.

I'll make Plainview send in a list.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I WANT TO DO IT!!!!!!11

I have my top 15 figured out already, I'll get to the other 10... ASAP.

What's the rule on LOTR ?
They were handled as one movie before and I sent them in as one this time...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Yeah, I wasn't so sure what to do since one member gave me a specific title and another just gave me all of them.

Then I noticed that the last list had it as a series so I'm going to keep it like that.

Lists Received:

Caitlyn
michaelcorleone
SoulInside
mark f
Thursday Next
Powdered Water
Harry Lime

Yeah, I wasn't so sure what to do since one member gave me a specific title and another just gave me all of them.

Then I noticed that the last list had it as a series so I'm going to keep it like that.
I have no say in this nor do I want too but, it does kind of open up a lot of possibilities specifically such film trilogies as Star Wars and The Godfather.

There should be somekind of ground rules I guess such as yes or no to mini series i.e. Band of Brothers yes or no to multi part documentaries i.e. Ken Burns Baseball yes or no to TV movies i.e. DUEL yes or no to Short Films i.e. An Occurrance at Owl Creek Bridge

maybe we vote it in as a group or person or persons work out some sort of ground rules.

just my 2 cents.

What's the rule on LOTR ?
To save embarrassment, I think it's best just not to include them.

I think LBJ raises a good point though. Personally, I wouldn't include documentary series as one choice. But then, I'd make each film of a series seperate choices and I wouldn't include mini-series' at all. TV movies would be fine with me.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
LOtR was always going to be one long movie (filmed uninterrupted) with three distinct release dates. None of the films are "technically" sequels. That's at least one way that makes it different from other film "series".

Great, another list.

Lists Received:

Caitlyn
michaelcorleone
SoulInside
mark f
Thursday Next
Powdered Water
Harry Lime
L.B. Jefferies