MoFo Art Thread

Tools    

Also made another film when I was 18, here it is:

Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Wrote this today:

"Butterflies in Spring"

Here in Spring,
the butterflies will dance,
chasing their dreams amongst the winds.

When one should come to a pearly rose,
petals soft and beauty gentle.

Take heed how the senses guide you.

For in this moment,
in its fragrance sweet,
and in the grace of calmed wings,
is a moment mirrored in glass.

A reflection of the beauty I find in you.

You ready? You look ready.
I wish I still had my tape from the film class I took in high school. The dude that ran the class didn't return any of our tapes. I'm prepared to sue if I ever see my idea on the big screen.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I wish I still had my tape from the film class I took in high school. The dude that ran the class didn't return any of our tapes. I'm prepared to sue if I ever see my idea on the big screen.
You should post some of your work. That is if you don't mind. I feel kind of guilty a bit taking over this thread. I feel like I did a wrong thing for creating it in a way. Makes me feel a little selfish the way I've been posting all the time. Like my own personal shout box as it were, but honestly I just really love all kinds of art and like hosting the stuff I've done or am doing.

@Dog Star Man: I have my own thread where I have been posting, but I may post a couple clips here from time to time. If I start working with digital art I will post here for sure.

Fairly recent creation that brought a fair amount of user engagement to my profile.

However, I think this one is cooler, but one thing I have learned through all this is that just because you like it and think its cool doesn't mean everyone else will.

@John McClane these are fantastic! I'll go through your thread today for sure. I recently got a Kalimba. I haven't played it much, but I immediately picked it up once I started playing it. Hopefully I'll make a video today and show you since you seem to like music.

Was it called Once Upon a a Time in ... Virginia because I think that was released last year?

I feel like I did a wrong thing for creating it in a way. Makes me feel a little selfish the way I've been posting all the time. Like my own personal shout box as it were ...
Don’t feel this way. I have at least 2 threads that nobody reads or comments on that I do just for myself. When I’m on Twitter I babble away by myself even if no one responds. I don’t care.

When I was younger, I took both art and music classes. Sadly, they didn't help.

You know how they say that everyone has two sides of their brain, a creative side and a logical side? Well I seem to just have one big logical side. I think my brain is missing the creative side.
I think I have both.. Im great with science and math (can do stuff in my head without a calculator) and I write and enjoy the visual and audio arts.

Felt like getting a little reflective and this seemed like the most relevant thread.

So like, before I transitioned there were so many things I wanted to do with my life but I just didn't ever try. Back in school I wanted to perform in the theater department, play guitar, write creatively, and just like soak up every bit of life the world has to offer. But, and this is hindsight speaking, I was trapped in a dark world where sunlight rarely touched. I had so many messed up conceptions in my head about gender, and I remember how the guys who performed in theater got gay bashed (even if they weren't gay). It was a large part of why I didn't do anything creatively in high school.

I can look back now and distinctly remember that whenever I felt the pull to be creative that my inner voice would tell me that to do so would reveal the struggles I was experiencing. That I would be subjected to slurs and bullied, and I had just put an end to the bullying I experienced in middle school by rigorously spewing venom back at my tormentors. If bullies came at me I'd go straight for the jugular and make a mockery of them. This is precisely why I was a real ******* when I first joined up here.

Well, here I am now: almost 4 years into my transition and I will tell you that the person I've just described is a stranger to me.

Being honest with myself has allowed me to free myself from all the negative feedback loops that exist in my head when it comes to things I want to do with my life. Of course, I still experience those loops occasionally, but I am now able to tell myself that I need to give zero ****s and live my truth.

TL; DR: I stopped self-destructing after I came out. I allowed myself to breath creatively and, in turn, love myself.

I sent @Dog Star Man my two writing blogs. I'm up for sending privately to others but only if requested.

Felt like getting a little reflective and this seemed like the most relevant thread.

So like, before I transitioned there were so many things I wanted to do with my life but I just didn't ever try. Back in school I wanted to perform in the theater department, play guitar, write creatively, and just like soak up every bit of life the world has to offer. But, and this is hindsight speaking, I was trapped in a dark world where sunlight rarely touched. I had so many messed up conceptions in my head about gender, and I remember how the guys who performed in theater got gay bashed (even if they weren't gay). It was a large part of why I didn't do anything creatively in high school.

I can look back now and distinctly remember that whenever I felt the pull to be creative that my inner voice would tell me that to do so would reveal the struggles I was experiencing. That I would be subjected to slurs and bullied, and I had just put an end to the bullying I experienced in middle school by rigorously spewing venom back at my tormentors. If bullies came at me I'd go straight for the jugular and make a mockery of them. This is precisely why I was a real ******* when I first joined up here.

Well, here I am now: almost 4 years into my transition and I will tell you that the person I've just described is a stranger to me.

Being honest with myself has allowed me to free myself from all the negative feedback loops that exist in my head when it comes to things I want to do with my life. Of course, I still experience those loops occasionally, but I am now able to tell myself that I need to give zero ****s and live my truth.

TL; DR: I stopped self-destructing after I came out. I allowed myself to breath creatively and, in turn, love myself.
Good for you man. I know coming out can be hard, and it comes with a lot of criticism and hurt on the behalf of those around you... but guess what, it is better to be shamed for who you are than liked for someone you're not. I recently found "a" faith in my life, (not sure what you would call it though, probably pantheism in line with a "Joseph Campbell"-type belief system), but when I went to church I found myself living a lie in a way... they wanted me to believe in "their" doctrine, which I just didn't. In truth, I just wanted to make friends and I didn't want to be lonely anymore. But then, one set of circumstances led to the next, and I find myself away from most people. Solitude I find is a good thing. You can love, develop, and understand who you really are deep down. Bottom line, be yourself in all things and all ways, it's better than than attempting to fall in line with a way of life that others have "told" you to abide by but you never were comfortable in that "suit." Just love yourself. Another thing I've learned too in this life is that there a rare love like self-love. Once you have that down, you're golden.

My Darth Star is in for a service
I'm into photography and graphics.
I did some promo posters for a film society a couple of years ago which inspired me to create a few movie wallpapers and posters.

Was it Gone with the Wind?