Birds of Prey

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
We'll see if the candy-coloured aesthetic that got grafted onto Suicide Squad at the last minute looks any better when it's being done on purpose, I guess. My first impression is "no".

For me, the trailer doesn't look too shabby but that's maybe because Margo's in it.
Anything with her in it is a must-watch for me. Especially when she's rocking the Harley Quinn look.
Before this, wasn't really a fan of collecting movie prints, but got one for Suicide Squad since she looked so good in it.

A bucket of anxiety
It looks better than Suicide Squad but it doesn't look like it's going to be anything special. The new Harley Quinn used to annoy me but I've kinda grown to like her since all in all she has her own unique personality so I might check it out.

exciting

releasing date?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Hmm, I guess I can’t blame them for not wanting to risk Catwoman and Poison Ivy.

Kite Man.

Hell yeah.
Why would Catwoman or Poison Ivy be more risky?

Hmm, I guess I can’t blame them for not wanting to risk Catwoman and Poison Ivy.

Kite Man.

Hell yeah.
Why would Catwoman or Poison Ivy be more risky?
Bigger fanbase, more beloved, huge backlash if they eff it up I'm guessing (Leto's Joker, Mr Freeze and Bane from B&R)

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Just saw the trailer. I don't think Harley Quinn's costume looks that good. Why can't they give her an actual supervillain costume? She looks like she is party girl at a night club who is trying too hard, rather than crime fighting supervillain.

Hey all apparently the new Bird of Prey Harley Quinn spinoff movie via Warner Brothers via Suicide Squad is set to flop with low ticket sales, woke garbage comments from some of the people involved and well what are your thoughts?

Want some proof?

Search for 'birds of prey tickets not selling' should find the article I was referring to.

Another case of spending $100m or more to try and change social thinking, and well don't come crying I guess when no one goes to see your movie? I think people (men especially maybe even some women!) are sick of man-splaining the world's problems.

O and hey, Amber Heard was actually abusing Johnny Depp, not the other way around.

Post your thoughts!

Welcome to the human race...
I think it'll be about as much of a flop as Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel.

I think that having your proof amount to telling people to Google it and expecting them to find the exact article you're after isn't going to do the best job of convincing anyone (and if the reason you didn't post a link already was because you don't have enough posts to be allowed to put links in a post yet, think about the possible reasons why such a restriction on new users would exist).

I think if a movie is made by women then it is literally incapable of "mansplaining" anything.

I think bringing up Amber Heard as if that whole situation has any relevance to this topic says everything we need to know about how seriously to take your thoughts on the matter.

Are those enough thoughts for you?

The trick is not minding
If You really think Heard was the abuser, you clearly haven’t watched the video where Depp was smashing glasses while yelling at her for asking “What happened?”

This films isn’t, in anyway, trying to change social thinking. It’s a superhero movie about women for girls. Aimed at girls. A t a time where there aren’t many heroines for them. (Minus Harley, as I’m not sure how much of a role model she should be considered but I digress) but mostly, it’s a film aimed to make money.
Stop trying to force your own narrative on it, and stop projecting your own issues at it.

Seconding the "force your own narrative" bit. The fact that you bring up Amber Heard is pretty weird, and makes it obvious this thread isn't about the movie, but is just a disconnected salvo in the Gender Wars.

it looks like feminism not a movie

It’s a superhero movie about women for girls. Aimed at girls. A t a time where there aren’t many heroines for them.
I'm seeing them everywhere all the time
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Seconding the "force your own narrative" bit. The fact that you bring up Amber Heard is pretty weird, and makes it obvious this thread isn't about the movie, but is just a disconnected salvo in the Gender Wars.
which is the movie.