Harvey Weinstein Fired!!

Tools    

I'm taking these accusations with a big grain of salt. Did all of these actresses suddenly wake up from a 30-year hibernation ? They sold their integrity for a carrer progress and now they're trying to restore it by demonizing a fallen Hollywood producer and exaggerating sex out of interest into rape after they already made their money. Such brave and sincere victims ...

Welcome to the human race...
I'm taking these accusations with a big grain of salt. Did all of these actresses suddenly wake up from a 30-year hibernation ? They sold their integrity for a carrer progress and now they're trying to restore it by demonizing a fallen Hollywood producer and exaggerating sex out of interest into rape after they already made their money. Such brave and sincere victims ...
Yeah, they're all just being so unfair to the poor, defenceless Hollywood producer...

Seriously, dude, read the room. It'd be one thing if you did just want to play the "innocent until proven guilty" card, but you've gone straight for the victim-blaming without even trying to question the particulars of the situation. It's already been established that the toxic side of Hollywood culture forces victims of powerful abusers to stay silent (often for years or even decades) for fear of repercussions against their career and life while the abusers themselves get to go free anyway, plus it certainly doesn't help that people so easily assume that these claims are fraudulent even when the numbers start adding up.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
. Such brave and sincere victims ...
Wow talk about dripping with sarcasm, Jess. Brave and sincere VICTIMS for having harvey shove his chode in their faces and whatever else he got up to to control them like a sociopath? How about the men? How brave were they for 30 years to go along with it? And did they all cry like brave lil soldiers when Weinstein company forced harvey to pay them SHUT UP money to protect them with a statute of limitations and keep the cone of silence over hollywood rape culture nurtured?

Double standards, mate. This is what makes victims in rape culture voiceless. Would you be saying the same thing if it was the minors that Corey Feldman spoke about? I most certainly hope not.

I must clarify something about previous statements I've made on this thread. Despite the words I typed, I truly, in my heart, did not mean I blamed the victims of Harvey Weinstein for the assault he perpetrated up on them. I was brought up in a household where I learned that to hurt a woman in any way was not acceptable and unconscionable. I wanted to discuss this horrible news from all angles but there is really only one issue here: the victims. To blame the victims for their assault and their resulting fear was not what I meant, despite my ill-worded comments. While trying to sound intelligent, I stepped all over my tongue. I truly apologize to anyone I've offended and hope you'll accept it.

Hey dadgumblah, I'm just now commenting on this but if it helps I step on my tongue all the time. I do think what you said sounded misguided though. The truth is it's very very hard to see the perspective of someone who dealt with sexual abuse, unless you've dealt with it yourself (and even then people deal with it in different ways). There are a million and one reasons sexually assaulted individuals don't speak up, at least not right away. I'm sure Argento had hers, and though I don't know her, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't a selfish reason. On top of that, losing her career could mean a lot of things, including ruining her name in general.

I must clarify something about previous statements I've made on this thread. Despite the words I typed, I truly, in my heart, did not mean I blamed the victims of Harvey Weinstein for the assault he perpetrated up on them. I was brought up in a household where I learned that to hurt a woman in any way was not acceptable and unconscionable. I wanted to discuss this horrible news from all angles but there is really only one issue here: the victims. To blame the victims for their assault and their resulting fear was not what I meant, despite my ill-worded comments. While trying to sound intelligent, I stepped all over my tongue. I truly apologize to anyone I've offended and hope you'll accept it.
Thanks for this dadgumblah, takes alot to not double down when pressured. I apologize for being so harsh, and i did exaggerate some of what you were saying so i apologize for that too. I had a problem with Asia Argento who is a victim being blamed, i know from your posts here you're a good person which is probably what annoyed me more. Anyway thanks for this.

Originally Posted by Camo
Thanks for this dadgumblah, takes alot to not double down when pressured. I apologize for being so harsh, and i did exaggerate some of what you were saying so i apologize for that too. I had a problem with Asia Argento who is a victim being blamed, i know from your posts here you're a good person which is probably what annoyed me more. Anyway thanks for this.
You're welcome, Camo. Thanks for your kind words also. I appreciate it and I think you're pretty cool, too!

Oh dear

But as more stories of his allegedly predatory behaviour emerge, so too are questions about the people in Weinstein’s intimate circle who may have known and indeed helped the producer to gain physical access to young and unsuspecting women.
re Lombardo, exec of miramax italy

and this

Weinstein, Lombardo said, would not have needed him to meet women or anyone else. “He can pick up the phone and have lunch or dinner with whoever he wants,” he added.
What on earth? What a crock. I knew a producer who would do exactly that - grab women at social or work events and when they fought him off he'd grab their hand and shove it on his limp member, then tell all his colleagues they rejected his romantic advances. I was one of them. Unbeknownst to me at that time he was WELL known in the local film industry as a complete and utter pig (that's an insults to pigs) who stormed around like a maniac in his budgie smuggers, treated his female staff like an unpaid maid and basically just made everyone ill. Oh and he was very fond of not paying staff after forcing them to work 24 hours around the clock.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...-alleged-fixer

And to think this kingmaker was brought down (rightfully so) by a sexual abuse scandal that snowballed from Devin Faraci, former editor of Birth.Movies.Death., and the Alamo Drafthouse's in house Jabba the Hutt, ****ing Harry Knowles. Amid the scandal with Knowles, his review of Blade 2 resurfaced, and it's just as cringe worthy as it was in 2002.

Harry Knowles is definitely my nightmare villain. I hadn't heard of him until the sexual assault but yeah the dude is terrifying.

I mean is he in a wheelchair in that picture?

And to think this kingmaker was brought down (rightfully so) by a sexual abuse scandal that snowballed from Devin Faraci, former editor of Birth.Movies.Death., and the Alamo Drafthouse's in house Jabba the Hutt, ****ing Harry Knowles. Amid the scandal with Knowles, his review of Blade 2 resurfaced, and it's just as cringe worthy as it was in 2002.

]
I was going to say someone raping people in the industry is very different to making an r rated movie then I read half a paragraph and thought, Gangland, you re right. It's just this all pervasive filthy cloud in society. A young woman cant even walk down the street without hearing some guy is going to ram one in and give it to her. I have absolutely no doubt that young men get the same before one of the usual suspects wants to hit me with the out of date PC label.

eta I have never heard about him or the sexual assault matter

I was going to say someone raping people in the industry is very different to making an r rated movie then I read half a paragraph and thought, Gangland, you re right. It's just this all pervasive filthy cloud in society. A young woman cant even walk down the street without hearing some guy is going to ram one in and give it to her. I have absolutely no doubt that young men get the same before one of the usual suspects wants to hit me with the out of date PC label.

eta I have never heard about him or the sexual assault matter
Harry Knowles, who wrote that Blade 2 review, has also been accused of sexual assault (though, the accusations are not as numerous as Weinstein).

Harry Knowles is definitely my nightmare villain. I hadn't heard of him until the sexual assault but yeah the dude is terrifying.

I mean is he in a wheelchair in that picture?
Yea, he was in a bad accident and was crippled for a while. I think, after a few surgeries, he can walk again.

Yea, he as in a bad accident and was crippleled for a while. I think, after a few surgeries, he can walk again.
Think he's scum of the earth but i still stop before wishing stuff like that on others, so that wasn't me making fun of him or anything for the record. Just wasn't sure if he was actually on a wheelchair or not, i actually edited that in like a minute later.

Think he's scum of the earth but i still stop before wishing stuff like that on others, so that wasn't me making fun of him or anything for the record. Just wasn't sure if he was actually on a wheelchair or not, i actually edited that in like a minute later.
I didn't get the impression you were wishing any debilitating harm on him. I'm sure if he could have, he would have had girls dressed as twi'leks push him around on that platform couch Jabba had on Return of the Jedi (1983).

news.com.au which is the same ole same ole gutter press but a few interesting little comments here so take the whole with a grain of salt...or homemade jewish cakes and pastries

I wonder how bad Max is as far as running around intimidating people, and how much their dad set up the conflict.

This is the worst post i've seen in my nearly five years on this site. I apparently had this guy on ignore for some reason, guess this is why:

This stuff is just not right, i think most of the right-leaning members who hate me will agree because i know they aren't bad people. This is just nasty.

This is the worst post i've seen in my nearly five years on this site. I apparently had this guy on ignore for some reason, guess this is why:

This stuff is just not right, i think most of the right-leaning members who hate me will agree because i know they aren't bad people. This is just nasty.
I've always got on with him in my short time here but I was bitterly disappointed with that. Victim blaming again. It is never EVER OK to use size and power to intimidate and shut up women, men or lgbt people, especially in the workplace. Who was the American Defence Force Commander recently giving a heart felt speech about respect?

Annnnd Harvey gets axed from the Academy. Well that did not take as long as I thought.