Justice League

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Thoughts on this if it turns out to be true?

Nolan spear heading the JLA movie?

Suspect's Reviews

Might be good. But this is one of those things that I was on about in two other threads...

The changes being made to Man Of Steel... it was, according to Nolan, a stand alone Superman Universe.
Now there's talks of tying it into other films... I don't want to have to watch other heroes I have no interest in, spending a pile of money on tickets, just to get the plot of the films I actually wanted to see.

Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel... they'll need films for these Heroes at some point... I don't want to be forced into these films just to be able to follow Man Of Steel and the inevitable sequels.

Avengers did it with heroes I don't really care about, namely Thor and to an extent Hulk, especially after rebooting, recasting and rewriting Hulk's backstory etc several times over the course of 3 movies... it's a money making scam...

... you have no choice but to buy tickets for movies you're not interested in if you want the others to make sense.

The whole thing is just a big put-off for me.

I'm not an uber enlightened buddah of movies, but I'm stoked for it. All these new superhero flicks have been badass to me. Even that recent Xmen with a bunch of unknown kids in it was cool.

WARNING: "X-Men: First Class" spoilers below
Bacon was killing ****. I didn't want him to die. His face started getting all gangreneish and I was expecting some hellish one man army deal

A system of cells interlinked
Might be good. But this is one of those things that I was on about in two other threads...

The changes being made to Man Of Steel... it was, according to Nolan, a stand alone Superman Universe.
Now there's talks of tying it into other films... I don't want to have to watch other heroes I have no interest in, spending a pile of money on tickets, just to get the plot of the films I actually wanted to see.

Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel... they'll need films for these Heroes at some point... I don't want to be forced into these films just to be able to follow Man Of Steel and the inevitable sequels.

Avengers did it with heroes I don't really care about, namely Thor and to an extent Hulk, especially after rebooting, recasting and rewriting Hulk's backstory etc several times over the course of 3 movies... it's a money making scam...

... you have no choice but to buy tickets for movies you're not interested in if you want the others to make sense.

The whole thing is just a big put-off for me.
Ridiculous claims, the lot of them. Just exactly how were you "forced" into buying tickets? Did someone come to your house and threaten to shoot you if you didn't buy tickets? Guess what, I went to see Avengers without ever seeing either Hulk or Captain America, and I was able to keep up with the story JUST fine. It just wasn't a confusing story, at all.

How do I "have no choice" but to buy movie tickets? That's completely out to lunch. Look, you can see or not see whatever you wish, seeing as how you are an autonomous being and all that. I dunno, sounds like comic films just aren't for you. *shrugs*

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I agree with Sedai, the movies are there for people who want to take the dive and experience a universe. My girlfriend saw Avengers, loved it and had only seen Iron Man for crying out loud.

If you don't want to take the dive, that's your decision.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
NO!!!! I have had it with Nolan shenanigans! Give the films to someone who LIKES comic books and doesn't just change things around just because he can! Batman in Nolan's films BARELY resembled Batman of the comics, and I just get a vibe from Man of Steel that the makers of said film didn't care what Superman was like, here's the "Grim and Gritty, realistic" version... I'd love to see someone like Sam Raimi given the films, I'm tired of depressing superheroes.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Randomly visiting for now
I agree with Sedai, the movies are there for people who want to take the dive and experience a universe. My girlfriend saw Avengers, loved it and had only seen Iron Man for crying out loud.

If you don't want to take the dive, that's your decision.
Same same but different. My wife had only just seen iron man and wasn't a massive fan but saw Avengers and really liked it. With a topic so dear to people's hearts in the form of the JLA comic books it is impossible for everyone to think it's done 'right' anyway. The slant that Nolan took was at least a step away from the disgrace of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

If it's cast ok and meets the basics in storyline and decent director I will definately be taking the plunge. If any of you don't want to that's totally fine but I can't imagine not seeing it if it's available.

I'm hoping for this movie to really be good. If not, it'll be quite disappointing. I think finding the right people to play the parts will probably be the hardest part. Hard to please society nowadays.

Ok... I'm very slowly coming to terms with this.

Even after all the stuff I said about Nolan's Man Of Steel, I'm beginning to warm to it.

Especially after hearing something rather exciting.

Nolan producing and writing Justice League, set for a 2015 release... probably going to be tied in with Nolan's money-maker Man Of Steel with Henry Cavill playing Supes in both films.

And...

Nolan's original money-maker... Christian Bale... is apparently set to return as Batman for Justice League.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/...justice-league

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Ime going to wait and see what Superman is like before I get excited about this. On the other hand tho, I enjoyed Thor, Hulk and Iron Man but thought The Avengers sucked.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I think you have to do a tie in if you are going to do it serious

More news in... along with what I said about Nolan producing JL... Man Of Steel director Snyder has also expressed an interest in directing The Justice League if Man Of Steel makes good at the box office and is revered by fans.

Maybe Bale and Cavill could be a double act after all...

In the Beginning...
NO!!!! I have had it with Nolan shenanigans! Give the films to someone who LIKES comic books and doesn't just change things around just because he can! Batman in Nolan's films BARELY resembled Batman of the comics, and I just get a vibe from Man of Steel that the makers of said film didn't care what Superman was like, here's the "Grim and Gritty, realistic" version...
I don't think Man of Steel will be "grim, gritty and realistic" in the same way Nolan's Batman trilogy was. Those films were kinda off-the-charts, and rightfully so probably.

But I actually agree with you: I'm not over the moon about Nolan's films like most people. They're pretty good, but they do take a lot of liberties with the Batman canon and they're a bit overly complicated and melodramatic at times. And Christian Bale, I'm sorry to say, was an awful Batman. If this Justice League project really does move forward, I hope they give someone new a shot at the Batman role.

Someone like:

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

I don't think Man of Steel will be "grim, gritty and realistic" in the same way Nolan's Batman trilogy was. Those films were kinda off-the-charts, and rightfully so probably.

But I actually agree with you: I'm not over the moon about Nolan's films like most people. They're pretty good, but they do take a lot of liberties with the Batman canon and they're a bit overly complicated and melodramatic at times. And Christian Bale, I'm sorry to say, was an awful Batman. If this Justice League project really does move forward, I hope they give someone new a shot at the Batman role.

Someone like:

Or they could keep Bale, he can be Bruce Wayne but dub Kevin Conroy over for the Batman dialogue.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/christ...e-league-movie

Christian Bale has officially ruled himself out even after...

WARNING: "Seriously only read at own risk, spoilers contained for other movies, not just JLA" spoilers below
Man Of Steel had the Wayne Enterprises logo from The Dark Knight Trilogy appear in a blink and miss it scene...