Pets

Tools    

I sent her a message saying that I'd take him. His name is Skout, but that will probably be changing (at the very least, the spelling will be). I won't be getting him right away though. I asked her to drop him by my work on Tuesday so that I'll have time to get things set up for him.

I'm such a sucker.

I have a big gray cat, it's name is Bobo

So I've had the new rat since Tuesday and still have not yet officially settled on a name. He came with the name Skout but I don't know if I'm going to keep that, but also don't know what the hell to change it to. I've mostly just been calling him Little Man, but I don't really consider that a name.

He's really sweet and outgoing. I love him already.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Templeton?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I have a beautiful tuxedo cat that is part siamese. He's about 18 years old which is a long lifespan for a cat. However lately I have noticed he's not eating like he used to. I give him Fancy Feast for wet and Cat Chow for dry. I decided to change it up a bit. I bought some Nutro Cat food for Seniors +7 for moist dry and some Nutro Chicken in gravy for wet. I hope this helps him with the weight gain and his coat. I know he's getting up there and will be passing soon but I don't want it to come earlier than later.

Only bad thing is I have a little girl cat who is about 5 years old and she tends to get in his food. With this new expensive cat food, I only want him to eat it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I have a beautiful tuxedo cat that is part siamese. He's about 18 years old which is a long lifespan for a cat. However lately I have noticed he's not eating like he used to. I give him Fancy Feast for wet and Cat Chow for dry. I decided to change it up a bit. I bought some Nutro Cat food for Seniors +7 for moist dry and some Nutro Chicken in gravy for wet. I hope this helps him with the weight gain and his coat. I know he's getting up there and will be passing soon but I don't want it to come earlier than later.

Only bad thing is I have a little girl cat who is about 5 years old and she tends to get in his food. With this new expensive cat food, I only want him to eat it.

I'm sorry to hear that your cat is having health problems, but it sounds like he's living a long and happy life.

I don't know much about cats, but can you keep them apart while they're eating so they each eat their own food?

If not, maybe @Miss Vicky has a better suggestion for you.

I don't know much about cats, but can you keep them apart while they're eating so they each eat their own food?

If not, maybe @Miss Vicky has a better suggestion for you.
This would be my suggestion as well. My cats are on different foods (one for urinary issues and one for diabetes) and they have scheduled mealtimes and are confined to different areas of the house while they are eating to keep them from getting each other’s food.

A fresh haircut, 2 trips to the park, new toys, a gullet stick, swordfish coming up for dinner, and berries and cream for dessert.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUDY!

Looby Loo to the vets this a.m. for her annual physical. She was hysterical with fear, but calmed down somewhat on the bus. Always afraid people will be disturbed by her crying on the bus, but nobody minded.

Exact same weight as she was last year & she is a very healthy cat. Curbside was totally weird. Fine for a routine visit like mine, but with an animal that has complications? How does that work?

I have a shar pei dog. Took it from the shelter. Some jerks threw it away because of coronavirus.

Curbside was totally weird. Fine for a routine visit like mine, but with an animal that has complications? How does that work?
I've been hearing lots of bad experiences with curbside from people that have dealt with it. I'm in a Facebook group of people with diabetic cats and we've seen a lot of people in the group who have newly diagnosed cats who were given the insulin and needles with no real instructions on how to use them (which is VERY dangerous). I heard someone else say they waited outside an emergency clinic for 5 hours after the pet had been taken inside before they heard anything about their pet. I hope I never have to deal with it.

The vet clinic where I work has not been doing curbside protocol. Instead we're staggering our appointments and we have the owners sit on a bench in the lobby near the exam room, then we take the pet into the exam room and keep the door open so that the owner can see everything that's happening and can communicate with the doctor easily while maintaining distance. We disinfect the room and the bench between each patient. We do ask that people who are only here to pick up medications/food/etc. stay in their car and give us their card info over the phone, but appointments are allowed to come inside.

I heard someone else say they waited outside an emergency clinic for 5 hours after the pet had been taken inside before they heard anything about their pet. I hope I never have to deal with it.
We have a 24/7 place of some repute one town over. I can imagine this happening there. Hope I don’t need to go there during this pandemic.

The vet clinic where I work has not been doing curbside protocol. Instead we're staggering our appointments and we have the owners sit on a bench in the lobby near the exam room, then we take the pet into the exam room and keep the door open so that the owner can see everything that's happening and can communicate with the doctor easily while maintaining distance. We disinfect the room and the bench between each patient. We do ask that people who are only here to pick up medications/food/etc. stay in their car and give us their card info over the phone, but appointments are allowed to come inside.
Interesting. I love my vet office. It’s in a house of its own & it’s all-female (not that it matters). What you describe in your place sounds very ideal. Kandy is having her annual visit in a month’s time & I hope this will be routine. I will be very upset if anything is amiss with her & I have to hear about it while sitting on the front steps. I don’t drive so I can’t wait in a car.

My vet told me she has 200 clients waiting for an appointment because the curbside deal takes longer.

I know some of you like rats but they are a bit of a problem around here with some of the road construction going on. About two weeks ago one of our cats escaped the cat enclosure (the enclosure is attached to a bedroom window and allows the cats to enter and exit into it as they like, unsupervised) and came back with a rat in her mouth....alive. trying to catch a rat isn't as easy as it seems. They're kind of darty when your chasing the with a fishing net. Ended up moving all the dressers into the hall, flipping the bed on it's side and still couldn't find it. At least the floors got a good cleaning. So I started moving everything back into the bedroom thinking we'll just shut the room for the night and put all the cats in there (not my bedroom anyway) and that should be that. As soon as I moved one of the dressers the thing dropped down and ran into the bathroom. Great! Closed the door and now it's trapped in a tiny room with nowhere to hide. So I crack the door and squeeze into the bathroom, fishing net in hand and...no rat. My plan was to get into the tub, protection from the beast and all, so I move the shower curtain and YIKES! there it is! It started hopping like mad and hopped right into the garbage can. Sweet! Closed up the bag and took it outside. That's it. That's my story.

Since then there have been two dead rats in our driveway (I know, the enclosure isn't really doing what it's supposed to but those damned cats find a way and until you see them doing it you don't know how they're doing it) and one....ON OUR DINING ROOM FLOOR! I know, they do it cuz they love us. Wish there was another way for em to show appreciation.