New guy saying hello

Tools    

Hi everyone!

I love Cinema and since 2011 I've been an amateur film critic and later I started making trailers for obscure masterpieces and gems, that have no trailers, for example soviet bloc films, where an advertising trailer would be considered a capitalist dirty thing, and was a no-no. Films where payed by the State and profit seeking was considered unpatriotic, so no trailers...

Here is an example of a romanian 1967 film about the Roman "Legio V Alaudae", the same legion raised by Julius Caeser himself, that conquered Gaul (France), Hispania (Portugal and Spain) and later attacked and was decimated in Dacia (Romania). I researched the historical background and added comments to my trailer:

Other types of obscure gems with no trailer is a 1981 brazilian film called "Abrigo Nuclear (Nuclear Shelter), where the director wanted to prevent a Chernobyl situation, years before it actually happened, and he died by radiation contamination while investigating an incident after the film. His son uploaded this film for free on You Tube, but there are no subtitles, maybe I could help make them some day, here is my trailer that uses the official beautiful soundtrack:

I'm a forty-ish guy from Portugal, here are some scenes I filmed in the Óbidos Medieval Fair in 2019, in our fortified double-walled medieval town that was, by tradition, offered as a wedding gift to Queens, and therefore was a private possession of several queens:

Because of the corona virus, there will be no festival this year...

We've already been aquainted in your other thread, but welcome to the forum sir. You have very interesting taste & posts, and a clearly strong passion. I expect I'll learn a lot from reading your posts.

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and welcome to Movie Forums!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Hey, Joe. What-a-ya-know?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Welcome aboard Wine Cellar Joe (love that username)...I have a feeling I'm going to learn a lot from you regarding films that are definitely out of my comfort zone.

Thanks for you warm welcome, everyone!

In portuguese "Zé" is short for "José", the same way in english "Joe" is short for "Joseph". Also "Wine cellar" is spelled "Adega". Therefore "Zé da Adega" is a popular term in Portugal, but it becomes funny when translated to english...

I actually do own a very small wine cellar with a tiny vineyard, and I'm called "José", so the nickname is truthful.

My avatar is the unoficial portuguese national hero, still used in protests and strikes to this day, "Zé Povinho" (The people's regular Joe), a character with an obscene gesture called the "manguito", directed at the government, also used in Italy. The gesture does not offend anyone and is viewed as "We the People... so protest... against corrupt government".

After I make 25 posts and gain access to posting links and photos, I would like to present the first spoken film with voices (as far as I know) from 1911, before the electrical sound amplification technology was created, which was a portuguese film called "Os Crimes de Diogo Alves", which could only be shown in Lisbon with the same film actors hidden behind the theater's projection screen, dubbing in real time their own film speeches. The film was based on a true event of the 19th century, where a spanish imigrant was a serial killer and threw woman and children to their deaths from the Lisbon Aqueduct, the head of the serial killer is currently inside a jar in a portuguese medical university for study, still preserved after 150 years.

Naturally such a film has little entertainment value, but it's a priceless artifact as an historical curiosity...

In portuguese "Zé" is short for "José", the same way in english "Joe" is short for "Joseph". Also "Wine cellar" is spelled "Adega". Therefore "Zé da Adega" is a popular term in Portugal, but it becomes funny when translated to english...

I actually do own a very small wine cellar with a tiny vineyard, and I'm called "José", so the nickname is truthful.

My avatar is the unoficial portuguese national hero, still used in protests and strikes to this day, "Zé Povinho" (The people's regular Joe), a character with an obscene gesture called the "manguito", directed at the government, also used in Italy. The gesture does not offend anyone and is viewed as "We the People... so protest... against corrupt government".

After I make 25 posts and gain access to posting links and photos, I would like to present the first spoken film with voices (as far as I know) from 1911, before the electrical sound amplification technology was created, which was a portuguese film called "Os Crimes de Diogo Alves", which could only be shown in Lisbon with the same film actors hidden behind the theater's projection screen, dubbing in real time their own film speeches. The film was based on a true event of the 19th century, where a spanish imigrant was a serial killer and threw woman and children to their deaths from the Lisbon Aqueduct, the head of the serial killer is currently inside a jar in a portuguese medical university for study, still preserved after 150 years.

Naturally such a film has little entertainment value, but it's a priceless artifact as an historical curiosity...

Incredible! Very fascinating, i look forward to seeing what you have to share!

Damn you sure seem like an intresting fella full of knowledge. It would be a pleasure talking with you. Also welcome

Thanks again for such nice comments.

Here is a deleted scene in 1911 from the pioneer portuguese film I mentioned. In this scene the film director was making casting tests to choose the main actor that would portray the serial killer Diogo Alves from the spanish province of Galicia, the actor was told to make mean expressions, and the 1911 casting is actually cool.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hi!

I've seen Os Crimes de Diogo Alves. Now I'll attack your YT channel in search of new films.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Welcome to the forum! I'm a newbie too. The guys here are really friendly.
Hi everyone!

I love Cinema and since 2011 I've been an amateur film critic and later I started making trailers for obscure masterpieces and gems, that have no trailers, for example soviet bloc films, where an advertising trailer would be considered a capitalist dirty thing, and was a no-no. Films where payed by the State and profit seeking was considered unpatriotic, so no trailers...

Here is an example of a romanian 1967 film about the Roman "Legio V Alaudae", the same legion raised by Julius Caeser himself, that conquered Gaul (France), Hispania (Portugal and Spain) and later attacked and was decimated in Dacia (Romania). I researched the historical background and added comments to my trailer:

Other types of obscure gems with no trailer is a 1981 brazilian film called "Abrigo Nuclear (Nuclear Shelter), where the director wanted to prevent a Chernobyl situation, years before it actually happened, and he died by radiation contamination while investigating an incident after the film. His son uploaded this film for free on You Tube, but there are no subtitles, maybe I could help make them some day, here is my trailer that uses the official beautiful soundtrack:

I'm a forty-ish guy from Portugal, here are some scenes I filmed in the Óbidos Medieval Fair in 2019, in our fortified double-walled medieval town that was, by tradition, offered as a wedding gift to Queens, and therefore was a private possession of several queens:

Because of the corona virus, there will be no festival this year...