Television Tab

Tools    

Italian tv show based on a true story of teenage prostitution in Rome. Seems very trite & hackneyed. Could not make it through the pilot.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

It’s wonderful to see Michael Douglas & he is terrific. The show seems a tad hackneyed to me, but I will persevere & try to get more into it. Wish I wasn’t so hyper-critical of everything.

I will watch a bunch of stuff and think, "is this a me issue?", only to come across a well done show or movie and be like "nope".
Part of it methinks, is we are in a content war. Everybody and their brother is making stuff. A lot of it is milk, very little is cream.

The Kominsky Method turned into a good show. Would watch a 2nd season if it’s in the works.

Didn’t watch every documentary, but enjoyed most of them. Haute couture at Chanel, the Kentucky Derby, Westminster Dog Show, etc. Very interesting.

This mini-series based on a true story is terrific. The 3 lead actors are also terrific. I think @GrantD2 would like this. I know @Claireofthemoon does.

I've seen the first episode of that. It's ok so far. I'll definitely watch the next couple and see how it goes.

I have one episode of Snowfall to go and I almost don't want to watch it goes then it's gone. It's been fantastic. Highly recommended.

I recently perused the latest Julia Davis atrocity, Sally4Ever, which is yet again jawdropping TV. If you know any of her other work (Nighty Night, Human Remains, Camping, Hunderby) then you know what to expect. Recommended.

Decided to re-watch & binge-watch Veep in its entirety before the final season comes out on dvd.

Finished series 1, can't wait for the second series! Be interesting to see what the new writer Emerald Fennell brings to it, rather enjoyed her book Monsters.

Watched Millennium Trilogy for the first time. Solid Nordic Noir and a reminder that I'd need to watch more of these. Lisbeth Salander is very interesting protagonist.

Try and watch Wallander if you can. Not the BBC one with Kenneth Branagh, though I think that's ok, but the Swedish one with Krister Henriksson. Brilliant stuff. Especially the first series.

Anyone seen Netflix’s Russian Doll? Put it in my w-list there as it looks promising & I just read a good review. Wonder if @GrantD2 has seen it?

"Luck don't live out here."
Anyone seen Netflix’s Russian Doll? Put it in my w-list there as it looks promising & I just read a good review. Wonder if @GrantD2 has seen it?
I'm five episodes in and I'm incredibly underwhelmed. It got super positive reviews (89% on Metacritic) and I just don't see why. It's an average quality show, imo.

I'm five episodes in and I'm incredibly underwhelmed. It got super positive reviews (89% on Metacritic) and I just don't see why. It's an average quality show, imo.
You may have saved me the trouble of renewing my Netflix streaming.