Western Hall of Fame II

Tools    

I watched the Italian with subs, and in my opinion it's a much better viewing experience than the English dub. I sampled the English dub years ago and my impression was that it was considerably campier.
I kind of think that too, and if I had watched The Great Silence in Italian with subs I might have liked it much better. Maybe someday I'll watch it again.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I kind of think that too, and if I had watched The Great Silence in Italian with subs I might have liked it much better. Maybe someday I'll watch it again.
It definitely made a huge difference for me.

Hmm... I wonder what sort of a masterpiece The Ox-Bow Incident is after soundly beating The Great Silence and TGTBaTU Congrats to @Citizen Rules though, he deserves to win one every now and then.

The trick is not minding
Hmm... I wonder what sort of a masterpiece The Ox-Bow Incident is after soundly beating The Great Silence and TGTBaTU Congrats to @Citizen Rules though, he deserves to win one every now and then.
A great one 😉

I had Ox Bow as #1 with the other 2 mentioned fairly low. I was surprised by Rio Bravo getting second, however. I didn’t think it was in the running, even though it got mostly good reviews.
Such a tight race in the end

Not that I'll ever be mad that I lost, but I was not expecting Ox-Bow, and I wasn't superfond of it past the first 20 minutes. Still, Congrats to Citizen Rules.

Not that I'll ever be mad that I lost, but I was not expecting Ox-Bow, and I wasn't superfond of it past the first 20 minutes. Still, Congrats to Citizen Rules.
Thanks I have to say I really liked your nom, Rio Bravo and glad you nominated it.

I watched Ride in the Whirlwind, the other Western with Millie Perkins and Jack Nicholson. It had no plot connection to The Shooting, only a similar theme of a chase across desert mountains. It was good, but The Shooting was the much stronger movie of the pair.