Harvey Weinstein Fired!!

Tools    

in bollywood something like this had happened when an aspiring starlet named preeti jain filed a rape case against a big director named madhur bhandarkar . she says that she had approached him for roles in his films , and he agreed on the condition that she sleep with him . she did so 16 times according to her , but in the end did not get a single role in his films . he just fooled her---the infamous casting couch , but in this case there was only couch but no casting .

but the courts ruled that preeti slept with madhur of her own free will and he was not convicted . obviously a case of the rich and powerful getting scott free and little people not getting justice . after this preeti overreached herself . in sheer frustration she went to the mafia and gave a contract to get madhur killed . but the police got wind of this and she was arrested . actually she had become a heroine among women's rights groups for her boldness in exposing madhur , but she should not have gone to the mafia .

http://www.freepressjournal.in/enter...tening/1154671

bollywood actress tweets---there are many weinsteins in bollywood .
There are many 'Weinsteins' in Hollywood... And everywhere else where people have power over the lives and careers of 'the little people.' Both men and women.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
There are many 'Weinsteins' in Hollywood... And everywhere else where people have power over the lives and careers of 'the little people.' Both men and women.
Wow. Goes to show the culture is so entrenched and 'acceptable' that even in the unstable climate right now some people still cant keep it in their pants. Harvey's mate's attitude to the allegations is obvious.

This entire culture is complicit. And I'm so grateful that we are finally having this conversation. I am so hopeful that this is a tipping point and that there is a chance for real change. Because at a dinner party last month, I met a smart and funny female writer who'd just had to quit a job she loved because a high-powered executive who's very close to Harvey — and making a lot of "shocked and pained" noise this week in the hopes of protecting his company — wouldn't stop cornering her in rooms and propositioning her. And everyone knows. Just because the Times didn't write an exposé on him, doesn't make it not true. If we make this all about Harvey, we've already lost.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ebook_20171016

If we make this all about Harvey, we've already lost.
I completely agree with this. The change may come (if it ever does) when the unsexy stories about people no one's heard of make the news.

How can he be fired from his own company? He just transferred his shares to his brother, stepped down, went to counseling and made it all legit.
Any company director can be booted out.

He can't be stripped of ownership, but he can be booted from other roles within the company by the Board of Directors, I believe. So if he's owner and CEO, for example, the board could boot him as CEO, but he'd still remain the owner. Something like that, I assume.

He can't be stripped of ownership, but he can be booted from other roles within the company by the Board of Directors, I believe. So if he's owner and CEO, for example, the board could boot him as CEO, but he'd still remain the owner. Something like that, I assume.
I would hate to have your job, especially the part where you need to clarify things to some people, but hey we are not all on the same wave length, so I suppose it comes with the job.

I would hate to have your job, especially the part where you need to clarify things to some people, but hey we are not all on the same wave length, so I suppose it comes with the job.
It's clearly laid out in the federal law so it's not like Harvey's penis got in the way of him understanding that.
Quite frankly I'm surprised someone would pick up on the oh no he was voted to stand down as director rather than all the crap he got up to for decades. Also, not comprehending what the cruise divorce agreement had to do with rape culture in hollywood.

The movie industry has been around for almost a century; the casting couch, just as long.
For the most part, it was thought of as a tradeoff, sex for advancement in career. Of course, there were also abuses in the system, where people were taken advantage of, lied to and forced upon.
As prevalent as it was, the only surprising thing is how few individuals ever got prosecuted.
A lot has to do with the change in the times, especially relating to behavior. What was once unacceptable became acceptable and vice versa.
In the last twenty years or so, a lot more focus was placed on sexual behavior, at least in this country.
The celebrities and power players in the film industry could control the media a lot easier before and keep things under wrap or sweep them under the carpet with payolas and such.
But, with the internet, it is becoming increasingly hard to control so guys like Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein got outed.
In the past, people either got paid off or were threatened with the cessation of their careers and then there was also the feeling of shame by the victim.
One thing is for sure and that is that for every Bill and Harvey there are thousands of them that will never see the light of day.
Such is the nature of the beast and the movie business, like some others, attracted many people that could take advantage of it. And they did!

I think you're missing the whole point that the reason so few were prosecuted was because of the cone of silence nurturing the culture for so long. It's why this has suddenly become a news because people are finally stepping forward.

I think you're missing the whole point that the reason so few were prosecuted was because of the cone of silence nurturing the culture for so long. It's why this has suddenly become a news because people are finally stepping forward.
Funny, as I can see that clearly you missed my point or do you just read selectively?

Funny, as I can see that clearly you missed my point or do you just read selectively?
'the only surprising thing is how few individuals were prosecuted'. Not surprising at all

considering
`the culture. You're justmissing the point.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
can we have a board of directors for mofo

'the only surprising thing is how few individuals were prosecuted'. Not surprising at all

considering
`the culture. You're justmissing the point.
Again, a very selective quote, which I went on to explain with the expanding role of media and internet. Sure it was part of the culture, like any thing else, but there were still many attempts to out it, which were suppressed by paid off media and other means
When you quote culture, you imply consent ( which did not apply to all cases ) whereas I emphasize protected action.
I don't think I missed anything. Carefully read the whole post, before posting things out of context.

I'm holding casting session if anyone wants to sit on the couch. Bring knee high boots and edibles. Thanks!
Not falling for that again, unless 8th time is a charm?

I implied no such thing concerning consent. Stop projecting.