Terminator: Dark Fate

Tools    

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...nchise-1040948

"She’ll be back.

After waving hasta la vista, baby, more than 25 years ago, Linda Hamilton is returning to the world of Terminator, reuniting with James Cameron, the creator of the sci-fi franchise, for the new installment being made by Skydance and Paramount.

Cameron made the announcement at a private event celebrating the storied franchise, saying, "As meaningful as she was to gender and action stars everywhere back then, it’s going to make a huge statement to have that seasoned warrior that she’s become return."

With Hamilton’s return, Cameron hopes to once again make a statement on gender roles in action movies.

Tim Miller, the filmmaker who made his breakout feature debut with Deadpool, is directing the sequel, which is returning to its roots by having the involvement of Cameron for the first time since 1991’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Cameron is producing along with Skydance. And the new film, which will be distributed by Paramount with Fox handling it internationally, is based on a story crafted by Cameron. Cameron and Miller created a writers room to hammer out what is planned to be a trilogy that can stand as single movies or form an overarching story. David Goyer, whose credits include the Blade and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies; Charles Eglee, who created Dark Angel with Cameron; and Josh Friedman, who created the Terminator TV spinoff, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, were part of that room.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has starred as both a bad guy and good guy portraying the cool killer robot sent from the future, is already set to return and with Cameron and now Hamilton on board, the new Terminator film will once again have its original creative team.

Story details are, of course, being kept on a secure hard drive at Cyberdyne Systems, but Cameron and Miller are treating the new movie as a direct sequel to Cameron's Judgment Day. And the themes of the potential evils of technology will once again be at the fore.

But the new movie will also be seen as a passing of the baton to a new generation of characters.

"We’re starting a search for an 18-something woman to be the new centerpiece of the new story," Cameron said. "We still fold time. We will have characters from the future and the present. There will be mostly new characters, but we'll have Arnold and Linda’s characters to anchor it."

Maybe. I just wish it wasn't so damn political in the press and in the writing. If you want equality, stop pointing out the gender. We've had female heros for a very very long time. No need to keep pushing the agenda. Just cast Hamilton and make a good movie. It dances on the edge of sexist when you feel the need to sell the movie as a female dominated action. Equality doesn't exist because you're stressing one sex instead of just naturally letting it happen. Letting Hamilton come back with a new female prodigy. As if to say nothing about it and let the action and writing do the talking. Leave the PC at home. Two words: Ridley Scott. Sorry, very cranky this morning.

I'm sorry but to truly be an advanced society I feel like people with voices that carry should not perpetuate this 5th grade mentality like; "He's black, you know!", as if to win some gold star on their book report.

Women have been heros since the dawn of...uh oh...since the dawn.

Cinema is no stranger to this. If you wanna make someone equal, whether it's a this or that race or gender, at least treat them as you would one of your own. That's why I get so animated with silly PC stuff. It actually has the reverse effect on the underlying issue. It's drawing attention to something and pointing it out as if you're almost apologizing about a retarded kid not being able to tie their own shoes in front of your friends you want to impress.

"See, he knows where the laces are!"

I know it's not the same, but until people can actually believe their own hype, they are still in the camp of not believing it, and will take any opportunity to smoke screen that fact. You smelt it, you dealt it. The only ones who need convincing are the writers and production. The audience isn't stupid. People are awake enough now to realize their own personal strengths and weaknesses, and the last thing I wanna hear is some billionaire sit in their ivory tower and try to act like they're gonna change the world when it's already been changed.

I need serious mental help!

Welcome to the human race...
It does sound especially ridiculous when you consider how he drew some fire recently for complaining about Wonder Woman, so one can definitely question how much authority he really has when it comes to talking about creating strong female characters. The idea of a prodigy character does seem to acknowledge the comparatively short supply of action heroines that can't just be fixed by bringing back the same popular characters over and over again. In any case, this sounds like more of a problem with Cameron in particular - dude has made a really bad habit of talking the talk without walking the walk.

As for the film itself, I'll believe it when I see it - the last few films haven't inspired too much confidence and Cameron did endorse Genisys as being the best sequel, so who knows whether or not him being actively involved with a sixth one will be a good idea. Still, I can't say that I'm not at least a little intrigued by the concept.

Terminator, like Alien, is a series with a strong enough underlying mythology that I find myself wanting to keep giving it chances even after it's disappointed me a couple of times. I dunno how long that patience will last, but it's not gone yet.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

I need serious mental help!
Well I'll come with you because I totally agree.

Think I'll pass - Not a fan of Hamilton at all. I wonder if Cameron will starve her again.

i think we should give cameron a chance because this is the terminator we are talking about, and not some half arsed the divergent series....by the way, there is another thread that i made on 27-8 of this year that talks about the same subject, better continue the thread there

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...-sarah-connor/

"Skydance and Paramount Pictures have revealed Terminator as the official title for the next film that follows the events in James Cameron’s T2: Judgment Day. In addition, the art that’s on display at the ongoing CinemaCon promises that Linda Hamilton’s Sarah Connor is going to play a prominent role.

Director Tim Miller and producer James Cameron recently found their new Terminator in Gabriel Luna, who appeared as Ghost Rider in ABC’s superhero series Marvel’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

The Terminator was resurrected by Skydance’s David Ellison in concert with James Cameron, who gets back a lot of the reversion rights to the original 1984 movie, next year. They’ve tapped Tim Miller, the Deadpool director. Luna joins Blade Runner 2049‘s Mackenzie Davis, Diego Boneta and returning cast members Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton, with David Goyer writing the script. Natalia Reyes (Lady, La Vendedora de Rosas) and Diego Boneta also have been set to star in the next film.

Paramount releases the film November 22, 2019."

This might just do nobody any good.
“There are other stories to tell in science fiction.”

- James Cameron

I guess the last one was kinda over the top silly. I would like to see Emilia back tho. She'll need the work to as she's almost finished conquering the 7 kingdoms. I want her together with Linda in as many scenes as possible to. And perhaps they could hug a bit with some light petting.

Deadline reports that the official title for the 6th installment in the Terminator franchise (that will see the return of James Cameron- not as director unfortunately, but as producer- will completely ignore all the films after Terminator 2, and will see the return of Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor, and, of course, Arnold Schwarzenegger) will be Terminator: Dark Fate.

The movie is slated to arrive in theaters on November 1.

https://deadline.com/2019/03/termina...le-1202578246/
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Please for the love of God let this franchise die. It's even gone past the point of ending itself with dignity.
Yeah, my god, the last one was so bad it felt more like some random fanfiction someone wrote on the internet rather than an official sequel.

But as the hardcore sci fi fan I am I will watch this one anyway.

There are only two real Terminator movies. Then there is the cash grab stuff, this one looks like an attempt at a "real thing" bringing the original people back into the franchise and discarding the cash grabs from the continuity. Unfortunately, Cameron is not directing or writing this one, only producing it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6450804...ov_wr#writers/, this looks bad I guess this movie will end up feeling more like the genyssis (or genesys or what?) than T2.

I’ve never seen a Terminator film. Maybe I’ll get around to watching one someday.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Terminator, like Alien, is a series with a strong enough underlying mythology that I find myself wanting to keep giving it chances even after it's disappointed me a couple of times. I dunno how long that patience will last, but it's not gone yet.
Especially with J. Cameron returning. In fact it would be fair to say for that reason this is a true sequel to T2.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Interesting, and those pictures brings loads of questions, old Terminator again but how? Is John Connor the guy in the uniform? Kind of looks like John Connor the older version from T2, but then could be the guy in the last pic. Who's the villain? Mackenzie Davis? She's awesome. Sarah Connor has to be a reincarnation of General Patton by this stage tight?

I’m at least interested because Cameron is behind it, so I will see how this goes

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Interesting, and those pictures brings loads of questions, old Terminator again but how? Is John Connor the guy in the uniform? Kind of looks like John Connor the older version from T2, but then could be the guy in the last pic. Who's the villain? Mackenzie Davis? She's awesome. Sarah Connor has to be a reincarnation of General Patton by this stage tight?

According to IMDB, the guy in the uniform is another Terminator model. He's played by Gabriel Luna, who plays Ghost Rider on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.