Is it any wonder cinema is dying.

Tools    

What theater companies don't realize is that they can sell more and make more money by lowering prices.
Definitely. One of my local ones charges only £4 on Mondays. I went a while ago to watch A Simple Favor, not a massive film and it had been out for 3 weeks or so already, and me and my friend got the last 2 seats together! You go on a standard day, its dead.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
What theater companies don't realize is that they can sell more and make more money by lowering prices.
I'm betting many people go just to eat popcorn and waste time. Judging by my last 3-4 theater outings, it's not the movie anyone cares about. And can you blame them? The movies stink. I saw one movie that was average at best, and it won Best Picture... Standards are soooo low.

Maybe that's why they keep putting on "Casablanca" and other great movies from before I was born.

I can say this... since I moved I havent been to the cinema in 4 weeks .. why?

I used to go to Cinemark, they were cheaper and I guess I was used to the place
Now I live by an AMC, they are higher and I hate the seating for some reason...

to go to Cinemark, I have to drive over 20 miles to get there..

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't get to go out to the movies much anymore due to being a father. But the last movie I did see was recently; Crimes of Grindelwald.

Suspect's Reviews

Weird is relative.
I haven't been to the cinema in five months. I used to go almost every week in the past, but then I moved last year. It's more expensive here, and there's so much I want to see that's already available for home viewing, so I end up just waiting for the new releases too. Saves a lot of money that way.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Would be interesting to know the Hollywood situation. What the differences are behind the scenes for tv and film. Are writers being treated better and directors able to be more creative on the tv side of things because it feels like it.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I would say in a technical aspect that directors are given more freedom in Hollywood judging by the look of the movies, compared to TV.

I usually buy snacks before the show at the local store. and I have an a list pass so 20 bucks a month for three movies a week

Buying popcorns in the portuguese cinemas is almost as expensive as the ticket, and if you buy something to drink you spend 15 euros total easily. With a minimum wage of 635 euros, see the impact. I don't often go to the main stream cinema, not just because the movie mostly suck, which they do, but because they are selling high price racing horse dung.