Perfect Film Scores

Tools    

Films where you can't find any fault with the score and can't imagine the film without it.

A few of my picks:

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Alien
Dune
X-Men: First Class
Legend
(Tangerine Dream)

Definitely had to rep that for the Tangerine Dream reference. I think their best work was on Risky Business, have you seen/heard that SIB?

Definitely had to rep that for the Tangerine Dream reference. I think their best work was on Risky Business, have you seen/heard that SIB?
I haven't mate, no. Actually I was really surprised they did The Keep, which I watched a few months ago. It was good.

This might just do nobody any good.
Nick Cave and Warren Ellis' work on "The Assassination of Jesse James..."

Battle Royale
Blade Runner
Suspiria
Are the ones that quickly spring to mind!
I would say Blade Runner as well (haven't seen the other two).

Requiem for A Dream had a great score. Also...

Mad Max: Fury Road
Trainspotting
Terminator 2

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Lord of the rings (all three - again)
Neverending story
Gladiator

Lord of the rings (all three - again)
Neverending story
Gladiator
Lord of the Rings is good but my favourite Howard Shore soundtrack is Crash, which I'd also put on this list.

No question is my mind. Elmer Bernstein's score for THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN is perfect.

I went out and bought that soundtrack. LOVE that first track! I listened to it driving and by the time I got out of the car I felt unstoppable.

2001 A Space Odyssey (1968) - who can fault Johann & Richard Strauss?

The Cowboys (1972) - this rousing John Williams theme captures the feel of adventure and old west Americana. I like to listen to this on my way to work - it gets me going!

Superman (1978) - As Director Richard Donner said, "You can hear the name in the song!" I love just about any themes from John Williams.

Star Trek the Motion Picture (1979) - the theme by Jerry Goldsmith was so good that it was adopted by Star Trek the Next Generation (but for my money, the Klingon theme music in the movie was truly epic.)

Batman (1989) - Danny Elfman's score captured the feeling of the Dark Knight perfectly (and was later adopted by Batman the Animated Series). And as far as what Prince's music (which was made for the movie) had to do with Batman remains a mystery to this day.

Glory (1990) - a fantastic score by James Horner that incorporates the Boys Choir of Harlem!

Independence Day (1996) - a truly inspirational theme by David Arnold.

Amistad (1997) - yes, I have a John Williams collection and this is one of my favorite soundtracks off the album! This wonderful theme contains native African harmonies that make for an uplifting listening experience & the music captures the spirit of the film.

I've so many in my list but I will just mention four movies that I really really find perfect. They are Terminator 2, Lord of the Rings, Independence Day, and Asteroid.