CURRENT MOVIE CLICHES

Tools    

Are you saying that people don't like pancakes as much as they do in the movies? I don't like them, but everyone else I know loves them, so I thought maybe the movies depict it accurately therefore.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

Have you ever noticed that when someone is running away from a car chasing them (or even an airplane) they run straight away down the street? All they'd have to do is veer straight right or left, and the chaser couldn't follow.

Of course then it would not have the same dramatic impact. But it happens so often in films that you'd think one of the characters might think, "Hey I saw a scene like this in movie. Maybe I'll just turn and run off the road."...

~Doc

Two tropes that I currently hate. Must have mentioned this before: when people make a date, they always say they’re free on such & such a date, but a time is never ever stipulated. Makes no sense.

A new trope I see more & more is to insert songs into a soundtrack that bear no relation whatsoever to the movie. A movie I saw yesterday did this. Songs that ordinarily one would never listen to that are used solely as filler.

Compared to the Graduate, for example, where S&G’s songs were in the soundtrack & they all made sense in the context of the movie & at the time they appeared in the movie.

Oh okay, haven't noticed the song one yet. Another one I have been noticing are characters removing their sunglasses, when it's sunny, whenever something a little dramatic happens.

⬆️ I noticed this a lot in the last season of Gomorrah. Everyone wearing shades outside, but when they want to say something of importance, glasses are removed. Me, I keeps mine on to hide behind.

Are you saying that people don't like pancakes as much as they do in the movies? I don't like them, but everyone else I know loves them, so I thought maybe the movies depict it accurately therefore.
No, I do believe Americans love pancakes. But I highly doubt that the average person jumps out of bed in the a.m. & immediately starts beating pancake batter. Especially on a weekday.