The MoFo Top 100 Films Directed By Women: The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Haven't seen either of those two. I have seen a couple of other Claire Denis films though, maybe one of those will show up in the countdown.

Julie & Julia is one of the last films i'd willingly watch, who knows though maybe i'd like it. Didn't get around to that Denis. Saw four, voted for two, one might make the Countdown the other has no chance.

I always thought Chocolat sounded decent but I've never gotten around to it. Was never interested in Julie and Julia but if others here like it then who knows.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Chocolat is #11 for me. Just an adorable film all around and OH MY GOD what a chocoholic paradise of a film!!

Have not seen Julie and Julia but it is very much on my watchlist

Watched: 2/9 Edit: Watched: 1/9. Why? Because I'm a certified idgit lol (again, thanks camo)

#4 Voices
#11 Chocolat (Not the Chocolat I was THINKING of, but I'm sure a very good film all the same)

Chocolat is #11 for me. Just an adorable film all around and OH MY GOD what a chocoholic paradise of a film!!
Think you voted for the wrong Chocolat mate. If it's the one with Johnny Depp it's directed by a man, don't think the Claire Denis one is about chocolate. Rather an interracial relationship and i can't imagine describing one of her films with "adorable", haha.

Think you voted for the wrong Chocolat mate. If it's the one with Johnny Depp it's directed by a man, don't think the Claire Denis one is about chocolate. Rather an interracial relationship and i can't imagine describing one of her films with "adorable", haha.
Well that definitely puts a bit of a firecracker in my list, doesn't it??

You know, if it wasn't such a common fact of these little eff ups of mine I would be genuinely embarrassed right now.

Though, as with all the past and, with NO DOUBT, all the future fumblings, I AM appreciative of the "heads up"; THANKS camo!!

Well that definitely puts a bit of a firecracker in my list, doesn't it??

You know, if it wasn't such a common fact of these little eff ups of mine I would be genuinely embarrassed right now.

Though, as with all the past and, with NO DOUBT, all the future fumblings, I AM appreciative of the "heads up"; THANKS camo!!
I'd be surprised if you're the only one, cricket's post was likely about the Depp one too although he didn't vote for it. Probably wouldn't have made the Countdown without the mix-up haha.

I'd be surprised if you're the only one, cricket's post was likely about the Depp one too although he didn't vote for it. Probably wouldn't have made the Countdown without the mix-up haha.
you got me wondering about that, now lol

Also, it got me wondering about my description: "OH MY GOD what a chocoholic paradise of a film!!" can very easily be read in a totally different way

Welcome to the human race...
I found three different films titled Chocolat on IMDb while confirming titles and this was the only one that actually had a female director, so that's what I counted. Guess people just saw it was directed by someone named Lasse and assumed that that was a woman's name.

So this brings up a new question - if it is really is a mistake on behalf of the people who accidentally voted for it, does this mean I should remove it from the list and then add the 101st film to the end while pushing the other entries up a notch? Or should I just leave it in as a reminder?

Good Question.
Since I'm either THE screw up or one of, not sure how much of a say I have, but, knowing HOW MUCH work and aggravation it has been to get this together, I'd rather you let it pass and not have to re-do things, Iro. FAR too much re-calculation to bother messing with.
Especially if I AM the only one who mistook the film for another. I'd feel terrible for causing such a hassle.

You could post about the #101 and see how those who voted for it feel and we can all go from there. But otherwise, I say let it pass and my apologies for the stupidity.

Think you should just leave it in at this point, but reveal what the #101 was.

Also i could probably tell you who meant the Depp one if you reveal the voters, could probably tell yourself.

Welcome to the human race...
Well, if anyone else wants to come forward and say which Chocolat they voted for, they're welcome to.

In any case, the 101st film was The Matrix Reloaded, which had a total of 28 points (1 x 5th, 1 x 19th).

Thank god that missed out accident or not, i don't even like the first Matrix.

Disappointed with the first ten as i think a lot of great stuff is going to miss out, but that's always the case so whatever.