Snapshots of History.

Tools    

If the size of the trousers is pertinent, then I don't know who was famous and also that big who was blown up during WWII. If they were Hitler's, it couldn't have been a pic taken at his Bunker, since the Nazi soldiers were all gone by then, and the Russians first invaded the bunker. They could be from his assassination attempt, but I don't think he was banged up that bad. And still, the trousers look too big to be Hitler's. Maybe it was from one of the Nazi flying aces.

If the size of the trousers is pertinent, then I don't know who was famous and also that big who was blown up during WWII. If they were Hitler's, it couldn't have been a pic taken at his Bunker, since the Nazi soldiers were all gone by then, and the Russians first invaded the bunker. They could be from his assassination attempt, but I don't think he was banged up that bad. And still, the trousers look too big to be Hitler's. Maybe it was from one of the Nazi flying aces.
You have half the answer Doc.. Now where and when remains. The size of the trousers is not pertinent..

Doc. Yes the assassination attemp on Hitler at the Wolf's Lair July, 1944. (see below)
Too bad it failed. It would have been a nice birth gift for me two months later in September of '44...

Well we'll post one that's slightly easier. Hopefully it'll promote more participation.

His death was 12/22/79. He was the last of the great Hollywood moguls, and the only one who wasn't Jewish:

Well we'll post one that's slightly easier. Hopefully it'll promote more participation.

His death was 12/22/79. He was the last of the great Hollywood moguls, and the only one who wasn't Jewish:

Looks like Daryl Zanuck head of Fox studios. I'm sure I spelled his last name wrong.

It's looks like him and he was a powerhouse in movies. I guess I have to wait for Doc to find out.
Yes, lads, it is Darryl Zanuck. His name sounds Jewish, but he was protestant.

Spookie, my BD: 9/10/44

CR guessed right, so it's his...

Something amazing happened to this lady, what was it?
1st kidney transplant?

1st kidney transplant?
No not medical. She was struck by something very unique and reportedly is the only person to been struck by this mystery thing. I'm surprised she wasn't pulverized.

No not medical. She was struck by something very unique and reportedly is the only person to been struck by this mystery thing. I'm surprised she wasn't pulverized.
A meteor?

Good guess! Yes your turn.

I remember that photo was in my old Guinness Book of World Records when I was a kid.

Here's more info on the photo:
This Sylacauga, Alabama resident is one of the only people (maybe the only person) to be struck by a meteorite. The 8 1/2 pound chunk of space rock crashed through the roof of her home, hit her radio, and ricocheted into her side and hand. It left this nasty bruise, which looks eerily like a meteorite itself.