Saw 2

Tools    

its been announced and i for one am pretty pissed off. i thought the first one was very creepy and had some good twists. i cannot see what they can make the second one about. We already know who the killer is and what his motive was. that was all the suspense of the first one. Also the writers and director might not return to do it. I also heard i rumor that they might cast Eminem for the lead role and i just know he will be the typical rapper in horror movies. hes gonna be given comical lines that arent funny and act all tough. i think this is a horrible idea and filmmakers need to learn just because a film makes money it doesnt automaticly need a sequel even if there is no room for one in the plot

Bits and pieces from you posted are correct, from whats known far already. Yet, where did you read about Eminem??? I read everything about everything and I never encountered that kind of wierd news.

"I can't help it..."
I heard that James Wan & Leigh Whannell; the two filmmaker who made the original, aren't involved creatively on this one. They're just gonna be credited as Executive Producers. I also read somewhere that it isn't going to be about the killer from the original; its going to be about an all new killer.

I didn't even see the original, so I have no idea what this'll be like...
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Wouldn't that be like making a Seven 2? And WHY?

Originally Posted by jrs
Bits and pieces from you posted are correct, from whats known far already. Yet, where did you read about Eminem??? I read everything about everything and I never encountered that kind of wierd news.
everything i posted wasnt 100% backed up and i read the eminem rumor on a some sites especially IMDB and i know that most people who post there make up alot of stuff. so i adressed it as a rumor

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
i thought the first one was very creepy and had some good twists.
Really?

i think this is a horrible idea and filmmakers need to learn just because a film makes money it doesnt automaticly need a sequel even if there is no room for one in the plot
If I was a producer on Saw, I'd definitely try and get another one made. I mean, why not? The first one made money, and more than likely so will this one. I only object to sequels being made if it's really unnecessary (like the ridiculous Taxi Driver 2 rumour that's going around). But with Saw, who cares? It's just a crappy little horror flick. It's not like they'll be ruining a classic, is it?

Originally Posted by WitchyBelle4u2
Wouldn't that be like making a Seven 2?

maybe im just bad at spotting twists but i didnt expect what happened at the end of the movie. And with the loads and loads of crap horror movies that are pouring in from Hollywood these days this movie was a breath of fresh air.

maybe im just bad at spotting twists but i didnt expect what happened at the end of the movie.
I didn't expect it either. But I'm sure I would have been excited about the twist if I actually cared about what was going on. But that's a different story for a different thread.

And with the loads and loads of crap horror movies that are pouring in from Hollywood these days this movie was a breath of fresh air.
So would you really be that dissapointed to see a sequel? That way you'd get the same old air with a different taste, and who knows, it might taste better.

...and if it doesn't, so what? The first movie will always still be there.

i guess it is still too early to make any assumptions about the sequel because no story has been announced but if they stick with the story of Jigsaw all the suspense from the first would be gone like i said before we know his motive and who he is. i know even if the sequel is bad the first will still be their but i just dont like unnecessary sequels.(like you said about the rumors of a Taxi Driver 2 now thats a bad idea even if Scorsese makes it)

no need for a sequel here.

Originally Posted by WitchyBelle4u2
Wouldn't that be like making a Seven 2? And WHY?
no no no, do not utter such blasphemy. Se7en should remain untouched for all time with an ending that cannot be topped.

Originally Posted by Escape
no no no, do not utter such blasphemy. Se7en should remain untouched for all time with an ending that cannot be topped.

Ditto.

Thank You for Smoking 10/10
Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis 4/10
Equilbrium 8/10
A History of Violence 8/10
Officespace 10/10

the only hayward man will ever need
Originally Posted by Mike Krueger
Ditto.
yep i agree totally with that. there is no way that they can top films like that. but think about it. when the first italian job came out for instance, the people who saw it would have dreaded a remake. so there is a possiibilty that when we are mid 40's-50's there will be a remake of a film that we grew up with and love to bits. like se7en or fight club for example.

Originally Posted by hayward
yep i agree totally with that. there is no way that they can top films like that. but think about it. when the first italian job came out for instance, the people who saw it would have dreaded a remake. so there is a possiibilty that when we are mid 40's-50's there will be a remake of a film that we grew up with and love to bits. like se7en or fight club for example.
But italian job was a remake. Not a sequel. It's the sequel part that scares me about se7en. If they want to remake it, and it sucks, that's fine cause i still have the original to fall back on.

Back to saw...I heard they are trying to make this film in 21 day? That part does scare me. But then again, Halloween was made in as many days and that turned out beautiful.

“Hey! I have an idea…how about a sequel to Saw?”

“But, nobody liked that film. It was slammed by all the critics.”

“Who cares? It made lots of money opening weekend!”

“But nobody liked the film. The trailer kicked more ass than the film itself.”

“Who cares? It made a mountain of dough opening weekend!”

“But, it was a terrible movie. We tricked people into thinking it was another Se7en, when it was just a pale shadow.”

“Who cares? It made an ocean of dough opening weekend!”

“But, It would be manipulative and deceitful to make a movie that we know is horrible, just so we can make a bunch of money on opening weekend…knowing full well that once word of mouth gets around, the money will stop coming in…that is, until people start buying the DVD because they have extremely short attention spans.”

“Who cares? It made you as rich as it made me!”

“Great idea, sir! I bet Cary Elwes is available!”
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Are there any rumours about what the story will be in the sequel? I mean, they could continure the story with Adam, but they need a better actor. Maybe with that "helmet girl"...She could play a part.

Cary Elwes is a good actor, in my opinion, he was just directed rather poorly.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
maybe im just bad at spotting twists but i didnt expect what happened at the end of the movie. And with the loads and loads of crap horror movies that are pouring in from Hollywood these days this movie was a breath of fresh air.
really? i thought it sucked. and personally, i don't give a F*CK if they make a sequel. like it was said, its not like they are ruining a classic. for all i care, they can do whatever they want with it. make a sequel. hand it to a different director. stick it up their ass and take web cam pictures. i don't CARE what they do with it!

WARNING: "Saw" spoilers below
You didn't expect what happened? I knew right away when I saw the orderly that it was him. Same thing with my friend about the dying guy in the hospital. As soon as we found out that there was a higher power working above the orderly I knew it was the dead guy in the bathroom. It was obvious!