Coach Carter

→ in
Tools    

i just got back from seeing this and i have to say it was alot better than i expected. i am not going to write a full review im just going to say what i liked. when i first found out it was going to be MTV films i thought thhey were going to try to make it too "teenager" style and not take it seriously. but they did both. while it was a serious film they added a bunch of shots of cheerleaders in short skirts and things like that because most fans of MTV are looking for stuff like that in a movie. i think its a moving story and i reccomend seeing it. anyone else seen it yet?

Say what again mother f**ker!
Okay I know it's a true story but man I didn't like it at all. The entire only good thing was Sam Jackson. And some one please tells me why a true story was so predictable. The whole story was just boring I mean I have herded it all before. I bet I'll have to watch this movie over and over again in class next year.

Originally Posted by Mophead
I bet I'll have to watch this movie over and over again in class next year.
Why.

I cant wait till this comes out on dvd i havent been to the movies to see it

My review of this film:

COACH CARTER is an inspiring and richly entertaining film, based on a true story. This is the story of Ken Carter, a man who returns to his high school alma mater to become the new basketball coach. Carter creates priorities for the guys on the team by presenting them with a contract that they must sign and honor if they are to play on the team. The contract states that they are to maintain a 2.3 GPA, go to their classes every day, sit in the front row of their classes,and wear a tie on game day. As much as Carter loves the game of basketball, he still feels their education should be the guys' number one priority. The team, which had a 4-22 record the preceding season, racks up 15 victories in a row until Carter learns that a couple of the team members are not keeping up their GPA. He then puts a lock on the gym door and cancels all games until the guys get their grades up. The furor this causes in the small town is understandable, since basketball scholarships are probably the only way these inner city kids are going to be able to go to college, but Carter is determined to send the message that there is life after basketball. Samuel L. Jackson turns in a commanding performance, as always, in the title role, as the man who cares what happens to the guys after they hang up their sneakers. Jackson's performance and a screenplay that's a bit preachy but does offer surprises make this film more than worth your time.