End of High School Experiences

Tools    

Randomly visiting for now
Well Agent 0 had bad high school experiences.
http://www.movieforums.com/community...bad+highschool

So I've made a end of high school thread, cause oddly I had my last day of school ever yesterday (YAAAAAAAAHOOOO!! =) =)) and I felt kinda sad rather than happy, I'd been feeling happy for weeks then when it was time to leave I felt really sad to leave my school friends cause I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with all of them.

We have this tradition that is to use marker pens to write messages on our friend's school shirts, so my shirt is covered in funny messages and sad ones too. I was just wondering how everyone else felt when they finished high school, or if you're too young how you think you might feel. =)

or if you quit highschool ummmm, not sure but post whatever u want about it heh.

i got cut up pretty bad in a knife fight and had alot of sex. i liked highschool for the most part

not past it yet, but there are far too many pros and cons, but i probably will be sad...

Our senior class was only about 90 people, and we are REALLY close, which has been nice. Our school has never really fit into the high school cliches depicted on TV, but it was pretty bad until senior year. Anyway, the senior class had a huge camping party about 50 miles from civilization in the middle of a forest. Yeah, it was fun. I got there around 4 pm, and already there were 2 kids passed out. Everyone was drinking, i think, at least most of us, which made things pretty interesting. The memorable part was that it playes out like the end of a movie, ya know? I had all these loose ends, they were tied in beautiful ways, and emotional music guided the fade to black after i drove off into the distance. One of the best nights of my life.

And this is my BOOMstick!
I'm in grade 10 and so far nothing that exciting has happened. I hear 11 and 12 are far more promising, so I'm waiting...

Originally Posted by Zeiken
Our senior class was only about 90 people, and we are REALLY close, which has been nice. Our school has never really fit into the high school cliches depicted on TV, but it was pretty bad until senior year. Anyway, the senior class had a huge camping party about 50 miles from civilization in the middle of a forest. Yeah, it was fun. I got there around 4 pm, and already there were 2 kids passed out. Everyone was drinking, i think, at least most of us, which made things pretty interesting. The memorable part was that it playes out like the end of a movie, ya know? I had all these loose ends, they were tied in beautiful ways, and emotional music guided the fade to black after i drove off into the distance. One of the best nights of my life.
yes, now if only we could all have that

I moved into my own place the summer i graduated; right by the high school. I had some friends still in high school so at lunch or during thier spare they would come by. After school they would come by also and often stay on weekends.My place was pretty much the flop house. Now I only keep in touch with one friend i had in high school. I look back at the friends i had in high school and i can truthfully say that the friends that are in my life now, are better friends than i had back then.

That's the same as most people I've talked too Gummo, they talk about their old highschool friends but hardly any of them keep in contact after about 5 years later.

That's kind of scary cause I don't want to lose my friends over the next few years, to go from daily contact to maybe once or twice a month (different universities), I'll have to make sure we keep in contact somehow......mmmm I'll think of something hopefully

I was glad to be out of there.. You know the old saw about Highschool being the best years of your life.. That may be so if you end up being a loser.. For me.. life has only gotten better.. While I had a great time in HS, ive never looked back :-P PS College was a million times better :-D

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I remember describing the end of high school as the feeling of "tripping over the horizon". It happened so much sooner than it felt like it should. It wasn't bliss every day, but it was ok, and it seemed like it would go on forever. So when it ended, I felt lost. I knew EVERYthing was about to change - and it did. It's the end of an era. I think it's a good idea to look around and take stock of what that part of your life has meant to you.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I had such a blast in highschool, incredibly good times. Wish I had some awesome end experience, but it wasn't anything life altering. I don't want to be transported back to high school, I love living in my own place, but man was it good times. Loved it.

played out like a movie
yeah my last day did seem a bit sereal, when I think back it seemed like slow motion or something. It was a pretty good overall, all the ends were tied up for me too

One of the best nights of my life.
sure sounds like it, as you get older you get more freedom and have more fun, so things are looking for the future, at least until your like 30 then it goes down again until you have your mid life crisis and buy a ripping sports car which you can't afford.....ohhh yeah

No one clapped at my graduation, so I pimp slapped my principal and was like, "Yeah dats' right biatch. Ya'll aint' nothin' but a bitch ta' me. HOLLA!" Tossed my square hat at the school hotty and did my pimp-limp outta' dere' like it wunt' no thang'.

Dats' How Ya' Pimp,
PimpDaShizzle V2.0
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Dats' How Ya' Pimp, PimpDaShizzle V2.0
was your principal clapping? How can nobody clap, when I was at school everyone would just clap at everything the principal wanted us too.

The principal would say "I think the school would like to show their appreciation for your fine efforts" *heaps of clapping.

But nobody knew who they were clapping for most of the time. The school would invite some guest to speak and we'd all just clap like he'd won some kind of medal before he even spoke. My school was properly mental though so may not apply to anywhere else

our principal put 4 people around us, who were to raise their right hand when we are to clap, and the left when we are to stand up or sit down. Ridiculous.
ahh that's even more ridiculous than my school, what is the education system coming to when students are forced to clap for reasons they don't care about? I tell you it's killing the freedom of will from our young people..............perhaps a little melodramatic but my point still stands.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
I'm in grade 10 and so far nothing that exciting has happened. I hear 11 and 12 are far more promising, so I'm waiting...
keep waiting , cause they are fun but also more painful workwise, but hey you get a little you give a little.

My last day was quite cool. We did the thing writing on each others shirts, and all had these crappy notebooks that the school supplied to get peoples messages on. Reading it is quite sad since I'll never really see any of them again, as I live on the other side of town to most of them. I still keep in touch with some people and its nice sometimes when your phone goes off and its an old buddy. The prom was pretty good as well, there were just me and two friends with a limo to ourselves (cos about 4 people found they couldn't afford it) so we just chugged the free champagne and i hooked up with my ex. It was cool.

Maybe it has to be over for me to really appreciate it, i guess we'll see in 3 years, 4 months, 1 week, and 5 days