startin to build a horror movie collection.

Tools    

yea im jus startin out in my horror movie collection. right now out of all my dvds only two of them are horror and thats halloween and the original Texas Chainsaw Masscre. i wanna know what you guys think i should get. i am goin to get the three "of the dead" movies (like dawn of the dead ect.) i jus saw the remak of dawn of the dead and that made me want to get the original 3. do u guys think they r good cuz i never saw them. i am also plannin on getting the exorsist, the shining and a nightmare on elm street. give ur suggestions. thnx.

Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, Nosferatu, Don't Look Now, The Wicker Man, The Haunting (original), Near Dark, Fright Night....
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
The Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, The Thing, and The Shining.

As for the Romero collection, Night of the Living Dead [1968] is a great horror movie. If you're a teenager you might find this film boring since its black and gray but if you don't mind that then you won't have any problems. Dawn of the Dead [1978] is a great sequel. One of my favorite horror movies of all time. They just released the original on dvd and its a must get. Day of the Dead [1985] is the weakest film of the trilogy but its still a good movie to watch.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Apart from those already mentioned, I'd suggest Alien, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), The Thing, and the excessively gory Braindead. Have fun.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

i just got back from the store with Halloween 2. it may not considered to be a classic but the first one is my all time fav. horror movie and i jus love the series so im going to buy them all. (except halloween 3 and ressurection because they suck). in my mind the series ended in halloween H20 any sequels after that dont count to me.

I suppose it depends on what type of horror you like. Does your taste primarily lead you to ‘slasher’ films, or the more psychological? Holden has some great ones on his list like Rosemary’s Baby, but don’t expect to see a single drop of blood. Other great horror films that haven’t been mentioned yet that I like include: The Omens I & II, The Blair Witch Project, Burnt Offerings, Tales from the Hood, An American Werewolf in London, Howling, HellRaisers I & II, Storm of the Century, and In the Mouth of Madness.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

i like mostly any horror as long as it makes me jump like halloween or creeps me out like the shining and if it doesnt do that then i am always open to new types so i will see any horror movie as long as im pretty sure its good. and although halloween is a slasher film there is barley any blood in it. and Frank Castle i dont really like friday the 13th that much they r worth watching at least once but i dont think they r buyable. Jason is to much like a copy of the original slasher Michael Myers. they are both unstoppable killing machines with no sympathy for anything. the only thing is Michael was made first but i do like the nightmare on elm street series.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
i like mostly any horror as long as it makes me jump like halloween or creeps me out like the shining and if it doesnt do that then i am always open to new types so i will see any horror movie as long as im pretty sure its good. and although halloween is a slasher film there is barley any blood in it. and Frank Castle i dont really like friday the 13th that much they r worth watching at least once but i dont think they r buyable. Jason is to much like a copy of the original slasher Michael Myers. they are both unstoppable killing machines with no sympathy for anything. the only thing is Michael was made first but i do like the nightmare on elm street series.
sorry bro i dont mean to argue but jason does has compassion withch is why i like michael better. Michael has tried countlessly TO KILL KIDS.
while jason has compassion for kids. But im only buying the movies so i can well see all of them i have seen all of the halloween movie and my nest series is the nightmare on elm street series

o i dont wana argue either i jus thought u were sayin friday the 13th was better than halloween. nightmare on elm street is awesome though. but my props go to the original slasher film halloween.

Glitter was really scary.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Sleepaway Camp and From Dusk Till Dawn Box Set. Why not get the Scream Trilogy why you are at it?

Originally Posted by Holden Pike

Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, Nosferatu, Don't Look Now, The Wicker Man, The Haunting (original), Near Dark, Fright Night....
All of the above add some Argento to that list, The Dead films, Carrie, Braindead aka Dead Alive (excellent suggestion there) Re-animator and From Beyond (video only and very hard to find) Dead and Buried, House (Comedy more than horror, but it works for me) the Gate, The Beyond, and Spiral.

That should adequately warp your young mind

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Did anyone mention The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
I would also add Psycho, The Thing and Night of the Living Dead
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

THE BLOB!!!!!! i saw it when i was little and it scared the crap outta me.

i agree with castle, micheal ussaly has a plan to kill, jason kills everything that moves, in my mind micheal takes all, just my opinion though