Books You Have Read More Than Once

Tools    

Yeah, that.

I've found that even though I know what a book is about, or if I'm intimately familiar with the material within, I sometimes will re-read something and it will affect me in a completely different way because I've changed much since the last time I encountered it.

It's kind of like returning to one's hometown after many years. It's kind of how you remember it but a lot is different due to an altered perception of things.

Did that make sense?
All of my micro fiction and poetry books affect me that way. So far I can't think of anything longer that has done that.

I'm Lithuanian and we have this classic book - Forest Of The Gods.The movie is made too,but it's lame.
It's a memory book about man experiences in the concentration camp.It's full of sarcasm and satire about everyday life and violence there and it's amazing how a man living in this camp could write such things.I liked it because, unlike many this type books, this one took a satirical perspective of concentration camp and of all the horrible things happening there.There is one memorable part from the book,when on Christmas day,a Christmas tree was brought to the camp and chief of the camp decided to hang some people near it.And it is so nicely written how Christmas tree was standing and near it people hanging dead beautifully.It made me think how my life is good.Read it twice,will definitely read it again sometime.

We Called it Music: A Generation of Jazz. Written by Eddie Condon

I've read Perelandra 2 or 3 times. Ditto for The Screwtape Letters. I've read The Problem of Pain, Mere Christianity[/i] and The Abolition of Man and all of [u]The Chronicles of Narnia twice.

I've read Animal Farm something like 7 or 8 times, I think.

Most of the books in my collection are ones that i re-read over and over. These include:

*The Harry Potter series by J.K rowling
*Contest by Matthew Reiley
*I am The Messenger by Marcus Zusack
*The Tintin series
*Jurassic Park and The Lost World by Michael Crichton

I read books just like i watch a movie. I read the text and just see whats happening all in my imagination. I often tell friends that when i get home from Uni or something that i will be finishing watching my book. A good book can be better than a movie because when an author is writing a book they dont have to worry about how a scene will work or how much the wardrobe is going to cost. They just write their story

The Godfather, Pappillon, Shantaram, Wanted: The Worlds Most Saught After Fugitives, Killing Pablo, Bin Laden : The Man Who Declared War On America, War In The Shadows, Shadow Warrior, MERC: American Soldiers Of Fortune, The Elite Forces Handbook Of Unarmed Combat, Far Behind Defensive Tactics, Endurance Techniques, The Art Of War -Sun Tsu, The Book Of Five Rings - Myamoto Musashi. Hagakure -The Book Of The Samurai, The Supreme Body Guard Manual, The Prince - Nicholo Machiavelli, The Borgias, The Encyclopedia Of Ssurvival Techniques, just to name a few, off the top of my head.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

More than once?
War Of The Worlds
Lord Of The Rings and Hobbit
Winter Moon (Dean Koontz)
Jurassic Park

Most awesome book ever concieved: Rendezvous With Rama by Arthur C Clarke.

That's about it. Most I read once then leave forever to gather dust until they inevitably end up in a charity-shop.