Movies About Prostitutes

Tools    

I recently watched a move about a prostitute, "The Center of the World". I got to thinking about others I have seen.

Claire Dolan
Pretty Woman
American Gigolo
Pretty Baby
World of Suzie Wong
Monster

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
In The Exterminator it isnt really about Prostitutes but there is part of the story where a Prostitute is involved.

London To Brighton is another great film about prostitutes. That's definitely worth checking out. Just don't expect the gloss of Pretty Woman

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Working Girls (1986) is certainly an unglamorous American look at the lives of prostitutes.

In The Exterminator it isnt really about Prostitutes but there is part of the story where a Prostitute is involved.
Does American Psycho count?
WARNING: "in case you haven't seen" spoilers below
cause he hires, sleeps with and kills a prostitute?
mermermer... panties on.

Does Taxi Driver work? :P
"Like the fella says...in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock!"
- Harry Lime, Vienna, 1948

My Life to Live (1962, Jean-Luc Godard)

Nights of Cabiria (1957, Federico Fellini)

Belle de Jour (1967, Luis Bunuel)
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Hustle & Flow deals a good amount on prostitution.

Just curious--have any of y'all ever encountered whores in real life, or do you really believe the way they're portrayed in movies???

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
No, I think when you round the corner and honk your horn, they scattered out of garbage bins like stray cats to get a piece of food.

Suspect's Reviews

No, I think when you round the corner and honk your horn, they scattered out of garbage bins like stray cats to get a piece of food.
I see your location is listed as Canada: Years ago when I was up in Calgary covering an oil industry conference, I walked over from my hotel headed for a restaurant at the top of some tower where I was meeting some folks for dinner. There were a string of prostitutes on the restaurant side of the street and a cop car parked in mid-block making sure the girls stayed on that side of the street and didn't cross over to the hotel side. A couple of whores in mini-skirts were hanging half in the passenger-side window of the cop car chatting up the two young officers as I walked past, one of the girls looked up and asked if I wanted a date. "What do your two friends think about you soliciting right in front of them?" I asked, indicating the two uniformed police. "Oh, they don't mind," said the whore. "That right?" I asked the cop. "We gotta go," he said, and the patrol car pulled a little further down the block.

Banned from Hollywood.
i would go as far as saying thatbreakfast at tiffanys is a film about a prostitute...but i would be stretching too far...the book certainly portrayed holly golightly as a call girl...the film is another thing tho..she was portrayed as a more human innocent girl who can be forgiven for her mistakes..nevertheless brilliant movie.

ingmar bergmans From the life of the marionettes. (prostitue involved in a part of the movie)

as for others..Monster comes to mind straight away.

a few parts in breaking the waves could be considered prostitue friendly..though the movie has a totally different subject.

Im The Realm of the senses(1976) by nagisa oshima has a lot of sexual scenes, but i havent seen it for 2 years so i cant remember if the woman was a prostitue in tha movie..nevertheless highly recommended viewing...even though personally i prefer In The Realm of Passion (1978)

Banned from Hollywood.

My Life to Live (1962, Jean-Luc Godard)

Nights of Cabiria (1957, Federico Fellini)

Belle de Jour (1967, Luis Bunuel)

how could i forget those..especially that fellini one..

oh and belle de jour is an amazing movie

i would go as far as saying thatbreakfast at tiffanys is a film about a prostitute...but i would be stretching too far...the book certainly portrayed holly golightly as a call girl...the film is another thing tho..she was portrayed as a more human innocent girl who can be forgiven for her mistakes..nevertheless brilliant movie.

ingmar bergmans From the life of the marionettes. (prostitue involved in a part of the movie)

as for others..Monster comes to mind straight away.

a few parts in breaking the waves could be considered prostitue friendly..though the movie has a totally different subject.

Im The Realm of the senses(1976) by nagisa oshima has a lot of sexual scenes, but i havent seen it for 2 years so i cant remember if the woman was a prostitue in tha movie..nevertheless highly recommended viewing...even though personally i prefer In The Realm of Passion (1978)
In the film, Holly Golightly was portrayed as an otherwise unemployed woman who lived pretty well on the money she got from men. The money was supposedly given to her to tip the attendent in ladies' toilet at restaurants, which would add up to what?--$5,$10, $15 in an evening, a little over $100/week at most (assuming she had a date every night)? With the dresses and apartment she had? No, she was a movie hooker, as was George Peppard's character who was "supported" by the older woman (Nina Foch?)

Banned from Hollywood.
In the film, Holly Golightly was portrayed as an otherwise unemployed woman who lived pretty well on the money she got from men. The money was supposedly given to her to tip the attendent in ladies' toilet at restaurants, which would add up to what?--$5,$10, $15 in an evening, a little over $100/week at most (assuming she had a date every night)? With the dresses and apartment she had? No, she was a movie hooker, as was George Peppard's character who was "supported" by the older woman (Nina Foch?)
Not Nina Foch..Patricia Neal was the elder woman (4 years older than Peppard in real life).

She was amazing In The Fountainhead alongside Gary Cooper.

As for Audrey Hepburn's character ,in the book Holly Golightly's portrayed as a call girl..

And in a couple of years you'll be able to see the Hollywood remake, at the moment Mickey Rourke and Eva Green have been cast in the main roles. Larry Clark is directing and writing.