New Romero "Dead" Film (Thank you Europe and Japan)

Tools    

Apparantly since DVD sales of Land of the Dead are extremley high in Europe and Japan. George Romero has said he will most likely be making a fifth dead film(rumored to be called World of the dead). you can read more here

hmm, as much as I love his films, I'd hate to see Romero ruin his series by cash-grabbing. That's the downfall of the Horror Genre. I hope it works out well, and that this will be his last sequel to the series.

official news on this movie was finally realesed. Despite many rumors Romero's newest "dead" film will not be called "World of the Dead" but it will be called "Diary of the Dead".
The only plot details avaliable are a group of college students are in the woods filming a horror movie while they themselves become victims of a zombie attack.
from the very little plot given it makes me wonder if this is supposed to take place in the same universe as the other 4 dead films. It was pretty clear that in Land of the Dead the entire world was aware of this zombie outbreak and trying to cope with the problem. So I doubt students would just go into the woods to make a movie when they very well know the world is over run by zombies.
With this movie it looks like Romero is going with a story more like the original Night which was a group of people just trying to survive. It does sort of dissapoint me because I was looking for another film like "Land" but I love Romero's work and I can't see this turning out to be trash. I can't wait for more news.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7081

"I can't help it..."
He could possibly set in the same time period as the original films, that way the students going into the woods could be more plausible..
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Well more info came out and he claimed he plans to set it during the same time as night of the living dead because he wanted to do another flick where the zombies are new to the people. Romero has also stated that for some reason he want's this sequel to be a direct to video release. Im not sure why he wants that but I would still watch it

"I can't help it..."
I can definitely see how it'd work better as a direct-to-DVD release - I mean, the only 'Dead' film I saw at the cinema was 'Land of The Dead' and I didn't really like it all that much. I think these films work perfectly as a home viewing thing.

have no fear, CPMan is here..
hmmm..World of the Dead. Catchy. Can't wait.

cmon he's the best zombie director ....
i only hope that the real title it's not zombie's diary !!!
the title seems a little not frightening....

Well, a Romero movie is nearly always worth seeing. Land of The Dead was the least of the zombie saga, but it was still more than good enough, and I for one look forward to chapter 5 with eager anticipation.

James

Awsom 50 - The Online Source for Action Movies

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=1437313431

the first look at the movie...just a video diary of the first week...and the time period will be before the massive takeover of zombie's...so it will be set well before Land of the Dead

Horrorphiliac

I love Romero but the thing that made the "Dead" series so important in the beginning was totally lost on the last one. These films are at their best when they tackle social issues or current events.

The first film was at least in part an examination of Race and the "outsider" archetype. Jones was one of the first strong African American leads in a non Blaxploitation film, this is something I think gets glossed over when discussing Romero in general. That film was a breakthrough film in so many ways and he always manages to have at least one strong AA (or later with Leguizamo, Latino) lead character. It isn't as deliberate (at least it doesn't feel that way) as most instances of this, and that is also part of what makes it cool.

I liked the fact that he parodied and criticized consumer culture, media and race in "Dawn" (something totally lost in the remake) and the military in "Day". I'm still not sure what the target was in "Land," immigration maybe? But he was subject to some severe editing and studio interference with "land" so the original idea was probably lost in the wrangling with execs.

Romero is definately better when he works outside the studio system, hopefully this won't end up some pale "Blair Witch" clone, Keeping my fingers crossed....
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
I think that George will come through and make another good film