The Warriors(the game)

Tools    

has anybody else played The Warriors for the playstation 2 or Xbox.at first i thought it was going to be bad because most games based on movies are but this is one damn great game. most of the game doesnt really follow the plot of the film. it starts off with a cutscene of the meeting where cyrus is shot but then goes back in time 100 days to see the events leading up to the meeting. the missions are long and fun and they give you tons of stuff to do not just standing there fighting people for every mission. you can even just walk around Coney and mug people and rob stores. so has anyone else played this game i just finished it.

Yeah i've played this game and me being a HUGE fan of the movie came into it the same way thinking "Oh its going to be crap" but I was really amazed with it, the only thing that got annoying was the voice over of Luther that really got on my nerves the whole "Warriors... Come out and playe" But overall I really liked it.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Rockstar do have a knack for making good games. This one kinda slipped my radar but i saw my friend playing it and was quite tempted to buy it but got Resident Evil 4 instead.

District B13
See Wishlist :P

I knew this game was going to be good because of what it was trying to accomplish.

Note: This isn't EA who chooses romantic comedys to make movies on just to make a quick buck. There is actual talent on the rockstar roster.

I look forward to playing this game.

Welcome to the human race...
Likewise. The Warriors is easily one of my favourite movies and this has been on my "must-play" list for a while. Saw a TV spot for it a few days ago and it looked stunning.

*clink-clink*
War-ri-ors, come out to play-aaay...

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
See Wishlist :P

I knew this game was going to be good because of what it was trying to accomplish.

Note: This isn't EA who chooses romantic comedys to make movies on just to make a quick buck. There is actual talent on the rockstar roster.

I look forward to playing this game.
I haven't played this game as yet but I have happened to play both battlefield I and battlefield 2 which both rock! awesome gameplay and it took some serious talent from Electronic Arts staff to make those two games alone not to mention others like; the Fifa series (great fun) and the Sims (which i personally don't play but has enhanced the gaming market). maybe you shouldn't just slam a company for certain individuals making crap comedy games when the rest of the company is rocking along.

Plus this game doesn't look too bad and I might try it.

District B13
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
I haven't played this game as yet but I have happened to play both battlefield I and battlefield 2 which both rock! awesome gameplay and it took some serious talent from Electronic Arts staff to make those two games alone not to mention others like; the Fifa series (great fun) and the Sims (which i personally don't play but has enhanced the gaming market). maybe you shouldn't just slam a company for certain individuals making crap comedy games when the rest of the company is rocking along.

Plus this game doesn't look to bad and I might try it.
This is moving to the argument thread, be there as I educate your misinformed view of the world.

I have ot say EA makes some good games. from the sports games to their fake sports games like SSX to just plain good games. what romantic comedys have they turned into games? im a little confused about that Obi one

The accusations fly
I think that game will be pretty hot---Grand Theft Auto was good so that game will probably be good.

Welcome to the human race...
Alright, I have played it - here's the verdict.

The game is a lot like the film - flawed, but still rather enjoyable. There are several issues bound to cause frustration e.g. camera, controls, enemy AI. But if you persevere there is a lot here.

This is the one of the better movie-to-game conversions out there. Play it and see.