Celeb In Person Autograph Prices

Tools    

My brain is a pop culture emporium.
Hey everyone! Just thought I would post some prices I've seen at conventions/events where "celebs" are there specifically to sign. If I had this a week ago I could have budgeted better. So if your going to meet any of them I hope the list gives you an idea of what to pay. Please post any you know as well. ( I know more but I'm waiting a bit to post)

$30- John Carpenter, Micheal Beihn

$25- Linda Blair, C. Thomas Howell, Edward Furlong, Jim Kelley, Jeremy Bulloch, Henry Winkler

$20- G. Howard Klar, Dick Warlock, Melody Anderson, Charles Cyphers, Kane Hodder, Martin Kove, Billy Zabka, Larry Drake, Danny Steinmann, David Naughton, Donald Gibb, Julie Andrews, Andrew Cassese, Larry B Scott, Curtis Armstrong, Robert Carradine, Brian Tochi, Susan Backlinie, Margot Kidder, A Micheal Baldwin

$10- Brian Narrelle

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I understand celebs are on a time schedule and what not - aren't we all? But isn't this part of their jerb being in the public eye? I'm not saying they have a duty to sign autographs - not at all, but when they do choose to sign, I think it's ridiculous for these people to charge for them, when we pay for their salaries with ticket sales, DVD sales, and purchasing the magazines they have ads in, etc.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I've met several famous people and some of them were wicked cool (Dee Wallace, Danny Trejo, and Terence Zdunich from Repo: the Genetic Opera all posed for free pics and didn't charge too much for autographs) and some of them were kinda uncool (Lou Ferrigno, James Doohan, Peter Tork from the Monkees all charged a lot, and wouldn't let you take their pics), so it all depends on who the person is. The best guy was Judah Friedlander, who was incredibly cool and even talked to me and a friend like we were friends of his, and even came over to talk to us later at the con. He's the best, and hilarious.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I met Dee Wallace! I thought she was wicked cool, too! I remember I told her that I loved her in Popcorn (an old, forgotten 1991 horror film) and she told me a little story about it. I did not get her autograph, though, but people I was with did. Gosh, that was almost 10 years ago now....

I'm jealous that you met Peter Tork from The Monkees. I met Davy Jones. He was kinda cold... I was like, "OMGZ, I've loved The Monkees all my life," and he was like, "Oh. Really? Thanks so much." But he took a nice picture with me and he shook my hand.

I've been to conventions and met several other people, as well.
I asked Peter Tork if I could have a pic taken with him and he said no, it's not free, but I could take his pic as long as I didn't wanna be in it. I thought, "Man, it's not like you were a BEATLE, pose for the damn picture, guy who did almost NOTHING in the Monkees."

Peter Tork has a reputation of being an ass, so I've heard. He'll be nice to girls because he's a total manwhore -- and I've heard of him doing things like going to bed with lots and lots of female fans -- but I guess he's not friendly towards the males. That's a shame.

My favorite is Micky Dolenz and it's too bad I haven't met him, yet. He seems like he would be really nice and fun.
Micky Dolenz was the best. I was a huge Monkees fan as a kid, it ran on local TV when i lived in Newburyport, I never missed it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This is a picture I took at Fan expo two years ago. I wish I was at a stage in my life that me writing my name on paper is worth $60.

Suspect's Reviews

Yeah it's kinda sad what some charge and how some act. But then again you get a guy like Brian Tochi (Revenge/Nerds, TMNT 1,2&3, Police Academy 3&4) who talks TO you, not at you or through you. I mean this guy was hilarious even going into character! Free pics with him and I went back to his table an hour later & he called me by name. He was having just as much fun as the rest of us. All 7 Nerds cast that I met were really cool, I mean really cool.

Then there are bummers like the "Queens of sales pitches"... lookin at you Melody Anderson & Linda Blair... I paid to get in, I waited in line, I'm paying again for an autograph on a poster, its hot as hell & at this point I dont care about your stupid charity or your new special commentary cd.

I also realize a weekend of drunken antics & partys for us is a working weekend away from home for them but c'mon man! Your every whim is catered to by staff, drinking on the "job" is encouraged. Plus people are paying you for a signature & telling you how cool you are. So lighten up Edward Furlong!

Peter Tork has a reputation of being an ass, so I've heard. He'll be nice to girls because he's a total manwhore -- and I've heard of him doing things like going to bed with lots and lots of female fans.
lol.. I love this. So you've heard of a guy who bedded lots of women and was only nice to them so that had a better chance of happening? Hey, welcome to the human race. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I still don't understand paying for an autograph.

Yes, but that's been the way with ex-hippies since the 80's. Well, 70's really, but the 80's had Family Ties and ex-hippies actually sticking to their principles, so that's what I went with.

I know how some feel about paying for an "auddy". But I wont pay for someone unless I am a huge fan of theirs. Like Revenge of Nerds cast, I gladly dropped $140 for all 7, but I grew up on that movie. And living in middle america, I dont get to run into celebs like in NY or LA. Plus I've paid $20 to park before at least an autograph I can hang on a wall. A lot of the people I just talked to while others in my group paid for autographs. But really some just have no clue, Susan Backlinie (Jaws' first victim), was charging $20 and sitting there with 0 line wondering why no one was coming up to her. Well, Susan, its because of only being in the movie for 3 min. & saying like 2 lines. To me thats only worth $2.15...MAX lol

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This is a picture I took at Fan expo two years ago. I wish I was at a stage in my life that me writing my name on paper is worth $60.

Holy Crap, who sets the price for the autographs, is it the actor or who?

There are those who call me...Tim.
I don't think I'd feel comfortable paying for an autograph, it just doesn't seem right to me.

I get it, it's their signature and they can do what they want with it, it just seems like an odd thing to do.

Semper Fooey
Nimoy looks like the Crypt Keeper.

Semper Fooey
I tell ya, though -- Peter Tork was this enormous hippie in the 1960's, very much into the drug scene and getting laid. So, to hear him refuse a photo with Monkeypunch because "that will cost you extra" is sooooooooo not a 1960's hippie. More like a "hippie-crite"! What a stinkbomb.
SC apparently knows more about Tork than I do and I was around when that show came out. He was the least interesting of the Monkees. Does anybody care about that guy? All of the others were better actors. And none of them were going to win any acting prizes.

Semper Fooey
Hey everyone! Just thought I would post some prices I've seen at conventions/events where "celebs" are there specifically to sign. If I had this a week ago I could have budgeted better. So if your going to meet any of them I hope the list gives you an idea of what to pay. Please post any you know as well. ( I know more but I'm waiting a bit to post)

$25- Linda Blair, C. Thomas Howell, Edward Furlong, Jim Kelley, Jeremy Bulloch, Henry Winkler

$20- G. Howard Klar, Dick Warlock, Melody Anderson, Charles Cyphers, Kane Hodder, Martin Kove, Billy Zabka, Larry Drake, Danny Steinmann, David Naughton, Donald Gibb, Julie Andrews, Andrew Cassese, Larry B Scott, Curtis Armstrong, Robert Carradine, Brian Tochi, Susan Backlinie, Margot Kidder, A Micheal Baldwin

$10- Brian Narrelle
The twenty buck people I hardly know who any of them are. Margot Kidder is worth the twenty. She was Lois Lane. I would rather have her autograph than Linda Blair. Linda Blair is basically a one role actress. Kidder was also in that wild Brian de Palma movie, Sisters. I first saw her looking real young playing a whore in Gaily, Gaily.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
lol.. I love this. So you've heard of a guy who bedded lots of women and was only nice to them so that had a better chance of happening? Hey, welcome to the human race. I hope you enjoy your stay.
This made me laugh.

I wouldn't ever pay for an autograph and I think it would only be exciting to see a celebrity if I saw them out in the real world. Like how it's more exciting to see a wild dolphin than it is to see one at Sea World.

$10- Brian Narrelle
Saw a more worthwhile opportunity years ago in Sausilito, Calif.--a guy wearing a white robe and Jesus-like head and facial hair, was going around with a sign around his neck that read: "Verbally abuse me 10 minutes--$5." I would think that would provide more satisfaction to some than paying for an autograph.

Next Celebre-fest you go to, why don't you wear a sign saying "I'll ask for your autograph--$20." Fight fire with fire.

Only autograph I ever asked for was from a former soccer player who had become a field-goal kicker for the Houston Oilers. I don't even remember his name now, but my sons were playing soccer and knew who he was. This was back before folks started charging for autographs. I've encountered hundreds of entertainers and politicians over the years and never asked for an autograph or a picture of any of them; it was enough just getting them to answer my interview questions.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
To me, getting a celeb's autograph or having my picture taken with them holds no appeal. Even if it were free. It's just embarrassing to me.

I was at a work training thing in the same hotel as a Supernatural convention once and the prices they were charging for photos with the cast were astronomical, I think it was something like £80 for a photo with two of the cast members. It certainly shocked me a bit.