Paranormal Activity II

Tools    

i wanna play a game......monopoly?!
Alright so we all know about the scariest movie of the year: Paranormal Activity. I've been reading up on the movie and found out that it was made under a budget of $15,000 and returned back $9.1 million. Looking at the profit, the director thinks it would just be stupid not to make a sequel. So.......... What do you guys think? Will you see it, what do you think the plot will be, so on and so forth.

maybe it'l be about a group of teens who watched the movie paranormal activity and were such big fans they decide to go out and find the truth behind and uncover some far more evil and blah blah...wait that was done the first time a low budget scary independent film got a crappy Hollywood sequel to ride the original one's success.

Never mind not sure how they gonna turn this movie into a shallow horror series.

I don't like the idea of cheap rip-off concept for movie attracting. How can I find this movie entertaining when it is nothing but a cheap gimmick movie set in a normal house pretending to be scarey. It's one thing which proves social collusion is not really a thing.

Alright so we all know about the scariest movie of the year: Paranormal Activity. I've been reading up on the movie and found out that it was made under a budget of $15,000 and returned back $9.1 million. Looking at the profit, the director thinks it would just be stupid not to make a sequel. So.......... What do you guys think? Will you see it, what do you think the plot will be, so on and so forth.
l0l if you're gonna start a thread on a movie. At least give information on it:

Saw VI Director To Helm Paranormal Activity 2

A couple of months ago we heard word that Paramount is planning Paranormal Activity 2, when Viacom (the company that owns paramount) CEO Philippe Dauman brought it up at an earnings meeting. He acknowledged that the element of surprise will be gone for a sequel but that, “Our team will come up with the right creative and marketing approach to make sure that we benefit from a sequel…”

Now it appears that at least part of that team has been assembled: According to Heat Vision Blog, Paramount has acquired Saw VI director, Kevin Greutert, to helm Paranormal Activity 2. Boy, talk about switching directions… They’ve also brought on board Law & Order: Special Victim Unit writer/producer Michael R. Perry to handle the script. Plot details and even the official title are being kept under wraps for the time being.

Not only has a director and writer been found for the sequel, but the studio is also eying a date for release: October 22nd, 2010. That means just like the first film, it will be going head-to-head with another Saw sequel (Saw VII in 3D).

Last month it was reported on the fact that Paramount launched an initiative to spend $1 million a year on microbudget films that cost $100,000 or less. They’re plan is obviously to replicate the success that Paranormal Activity and The Blair Witch Project had. Paramount is already releasing PA director Oren Peli’s next film, Area 51. It's a wonder whether the budget will be kept small on Paranormal Activity 2 or whether they’ll throw a bigger budget at it this time around, as they did with Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows.

Is it a worry that a director who made his directorial debut with Saw VI last year is going to helm Paranormal Activity 2? Will this mean that we’ll get a gorier film, as opposed to the atmospheric scares that made the first film so effective? Well, Gruetert isn’t writing the script, so that may not be the case, but it seems an odd choice considering PA was done in one style of horror (non-gory), and now they’re bringing on a director whose last horror film was gory-as-hell.

Paranormal Activity producers, Oren Peli and Jason Blum, will serve as producers for the sequel, so at least fans of the first can take a bit of comfort in that fact.

As stated, Paranormal Activity 2 is planned to be unleashed in theaters on October 22nd, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

i wanna play a game......monopoly?!
Sorry Jrs, I'm still a little new to all this thread stuff. I just really like movies, but thanks for the info. You always seem to be up on the sequel info haha.

scariest film of the year?? LMFAO..comon now.. if anything funniest horror movie of the year...

It would seem that making a sequel to Paranormal Activity would not be unlike Blair Witch 2. We all know how well that did. Although it made a tidy profit, 9 mil doesn't carry franchise numbers. Much like 300 and the such, there really isn't much to make a sequel out of other than just the tone. It's been done before, but hasn't worked.

If this gets greenlit, I predict straight to DVD. See: S. Darko.

a sequel to paranormal activity would be a terrible idea, it wasn't terrible as a movie, unfortunately it didn't have the effects and gore and high budget of most modern movies for people to really like it but, I agree with FI it would be like BWP which was not good...

Absolutely it will be bad, they've already ruined the suspense of the film, so there's no choice but to make the next one more gory.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I havent seen Paranormal Activity yet... so I will comment at a later date

"photographers" Pfft! Dang single framers!
PA was an OK movie for what they had in it ($15,000). I'd venture to say the next film will have a budget of 1-3 million , at least. A decent studio sound man is going to cost them $7000 a week (and they still need the rest of the crew). It adds up fast. PA was made by people with no money. The studio will not try to repeat that. They'll throw a million into marketing it, alone. It'll have entertainment value, but it will not have the impact. The figures say...if you put 2 million in this, you'll get back at least 3 million. That's a profit and that's what they are after.
"Art" be damned. It's a business. Being an independent filmmaker, I don't like it, but that's the way it is.

The first one caused me nightmares. I will not watch if a sequel comes out

I See You When You're Sleeping
I really quite liked the first one for the most part. The end kind of ruined it for me to be honest. A sequel just stinks of Blair Witch 2.

this will be soooooo scary. i couldnt sleep with the light off for weeks after i saw the first one!

Blair Witch 2 was twice the movie that Blair Witch was so it stands to reason that the same could happen here. I couldn't be bothered to even make it half way through PA as I'd already went down that road once before with The Blair Witch (fool me once shame on you!) so in essence if all the "true believers" out there think this is gonna suck, then I bet I'll probably dig it.

HA!