Brad William Henke
Kathryn Alexander
Paz de la Huerta
Matt Gerald
Clark Gregg
Gillian Jacobs
Tiffany Rae Larkin

PLOT:
A sex-addicted con-man pays for his mother's hospital bills by playing on the sympathies of those who rescue him from choking to death.

Trailer:
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/choke/trailer

Opening in theaters on September 26, 2008

Its so infuriating I can't see the trailer because I’m at work and flash is blocked, I’ll have to watch it tomorrow. I read the book recently and couldn't stop thinking about all the creative ways in which it could be adapted for the screen.

I think Rockwell as victor could really work, although he’s a fair bit older than the Victor in the novel. Huston as the mum should be brilliant. She give such a massively unrated performance as an insane mother in Buffalo 66 back in the day when Christina Ricci was blonde.

Can't wait to see this film.

Welcome to the human race...
With any luck, I'll be seeing this next month. Although, if the trailer is anything to go by, the makers have decided to abandon the bleak mood of the book in favour of a lighter, more outwardly comedic tone.

Whether this will work or not, I'm not entirely sure...

The charm of the book was its narcissism and misogyny. I wonder if they keep that.. dam I wish I could see the trailer.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This sounds great ill be def checking it out as it sounds like my humour.

Here goes another Superbad and Van Wilder formula - which are some of my favorites. Look like I'm going to be seeing this when it comes out.

Here goes another Superbad and Van Wilder formula - which are some of my favorites. Look like I'm going to be seeing this when it comes out.
Dear God. Haven't seen the 'redband trailer' that jrs linked to but if this is going to be like Superbad or Van Wilder, I seriously wonder if it was worth paying $15 for. That reminds me - I should be seeing this on Sunday night. Opinion will be coming to my review thread.

Sorry for double posting.

Anyway, Pig, sorry if this disappoints you but Choke has barely anything in common with Superbad or Van Wilder (I'll admit I haven't seen the latter though). Sure, it has copious amounts of crude sexual humour, but it goes above and beyond the aforementioned movies.

Following on from contributing a song for the end credits, Radio Head are now going to write the entire score for the film.... apparently Chuck wrote the book while listening to Pablo Honey (their 1st album). ummmm

Just cant wait for this to come out. I definitely am seeing this opening night or sometime that weekend. I hope it turns out to be really funny. Can't wait.

I cannot wait for this!!! man i haven't read the book yet i should pick that up soon and read that first

thats true morbid but i mean think of it this way, what are you more inclined to do?
Watch a movie to a book you had already read or read a book to a movie you have already seen?

To me it makes more sense to sit through the book and enjoy a movie after.

I read the fight club book after the movie. The book was so well written it really didn't make a difference and i loved every second of it

Im sure it will be the same with choke so i guess it really dosen't matter if i read or watch it first

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
Nevertheless I find the better experience comes from first reading a book and then seeing the movie: oftentimes the movie does the book no justice or not enough justice.

Anyway, sounds hilarious, let's hope that's how it turns out.

OMG! I had no idea they made it into a movie.

Now I hope they make Invisible Monsters next.

Radio head are now not doing the whole soundtrack.. just adding one song on the end credits off their last album... bloody showbusiness.

ps read the book, its not half bad.

I'll go on record as to say that the movie is quite different tonally from the book. I got the same vibe from reading Choke that I did from reading Fight Club (it seems to be Palahniuk's style), but the movies are entirely different. The Fight Club movie really does feel dark and gritty, whereas the Choke movie is closer to some kind of R-rated indie comedy (examples escape me).