Favourite Horror Movie Death Scenes...

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
The death scene at the begining of "Ghost ship" is pretty awsome, all the people dancing getting cut in half, with a monster metal chain. That was pretty gorey lol

The King of Movies
In Wrong Turn Part Two when the zombie thing takes a chunk out of that chicks face at the start.

The end scence in in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Begining totaly scared me and caught me off guard.

In the movie the Tripper when Ronnie kills all those party teens.

In Hostel Part 2 when that chick cuts off that guys......

But the best death scence in a movie was in Hatchet when the chick gets her head ripped in half from her mouth and you see her toung comming up from her neck.

Detailed enough?

Clash City Rocker
Scream- Casey Becker being destroyed by the killer after some unrelenting phone calls.

The Wicker Man- Sgt Howie's death inside the wicker man whilst the locals surround him singing an ancient folk song.

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
um I would say that the death scene for "The Rapist" in PLANET TERROR was pretty messed up. I dont think a visual would be appropriate to post, so go check it out...the whole scene....the part leading to his death...yuck....

Ther are so many - but the ones that come to my mind are the death scene at the beginning of Ghost Ship, Jack Nicholson freezing to death at the end of The Shining and the classic Boris Karlofff as the creature at the end of the original Frankenstein movie.

More recently I fell in love with this movie called the Tattooist. Its one of those CURSED "Something" movie. Where the cursed item causes the death of many people. This time it involves an ancient Samoan tattoo tool that everyone who gets Tattooed with causes DEATH. Really well done and put together.

The Winged Serpent (1982) Nesting in the top of the Chrysler Building, this giant flying serpent swoops down and gobbles up hapless New Yorkers. But his bite usually leaves parts of the victim—a head here, a leg there, a trail of blood leading over the edge of a roof with no body to be found on the street below. There’s one scene of a couple sunbathing beside a roof-top pool on a highrise building. One person dives into the pool for a swim and when she comes to the surface, all she can see of her friend is a severed leg. Directed by Larry Cohen and starring Michael Moriarty, David Carradine, and Richard Roundtree.

One review says, “This is the kind of movie that used to be indispensable to the market: an imaginative, popular, low-budget picture that makes the most and more of its limited resources, and in which people get on with the job instead of standing around talking about it. Cohen knows there isn't the time or money to question the logic of anything, so he keeps his assembly so fast and deft that we're prepared to swallow whatever he tells us; and his script has much droll fun with a plot that keeps losing things ('Maybe his head just got loose and fell off'). He also gets great performances from Carradine as the cop who treats it all as part of a day's work, and (especially) Moriarty as the jittery criminal whose 15 minutes of fame ('I'm just asking for a Nixon-like pardon') leave him wondering if on some days it's better just to stay home in bed.”

That’s what Hollywood needs today: people capable of making imaginative low-budget films that make the most of their limited resources. Low-budget means they have to by-pass all the fancy special effects and concentrate on a good script and good actors.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I just watched Black Xmas and the film is quite bad but the way the killer killed the victims was pretty awsome. The whole putting a bin bag over the head and then jabbing thier finger into the socket, ripping eye out then dragging the victim off was awsome, shame the film wasnt!

A rather gruesome scene in Cannibal Holocaust...when the chick who is accused of infidelity gets raped with the phallic-shaped rock and then beaten to death with it. o.O ...makes for a nifty horror moment...even if it's disturbing. I think that's the idea anyhow.

In Zombie...a zombie busts through the door, grabs the doctor's wife by the hair and pulls her into the splintered door...she gets stabbed right in the flippin' eyeball by a shard of wood.

A scene in Fear of Clowns - when Shivers throws his battle axe into that one guys back..just good directing and editing. It looks real nice.

Ummm, off the top of my head three stand out. I’ve chosen these as they’re the ones which had the biggest reactions from me. In no particular order:

Drew Barrymore’s early exit from Scream. For me it was the suspense and intensity which built up for a good 15 minuets before her actual death. And a rather clean death it was in comparison to the gore splashes of a lot of other horror movies. The scene was the skeleton of a typical stalker/baby sitter scenario but it had the volume turned all the way up!!! Plus the killing your “star” tactic at the beginning of the film genuinely shocked me. It shattered my assumptions and left me thinking the possibilities in the film were left open to go anywhere. Riveting stuff….

John Hurt’s chest bursting scene from Alien. This was totally unexpected and shocked the hell out of me. It literally pinned me to the rest of the film paranoid that it could strike mercilessly at any moment… As much as I loved him, Michael Myers never commanded my fear and attention to the same degree as that little Alien.

The original “skinning of the cat” from A Nightmare on an Elm Street. The first and almost only killing on Elm street which actually featured a full on assault From Freddy Kruger using his Knifed glove to slaughter the victim. The fact she was dragged up onto the ceiling and spun round made it for me a disturbing mixture of knife attack massacre and fantasy make believe horror. Although certainly more creative, few of the other killing in the franchise can touch this one.

This is a tough one.
I loved the scene from Hostel when the chick jumped in front of the train as well as the scene from I think it was Friday The 13th part 3 with the kid in the wheelchair,ol' jason got him with a machete in the head,that was sweet Or the scene from A Nightmare On Elm Street when he pulled Glen into the bed and the enormous amount of blood shot straight up to the ceiling.I have too many I think to post them all here but my motto is the bloodier and gorier the better