End of High School Experiences

Tools    

End of high school for me:

HOLY GOD, GET AWAY FROM ME YOU HATEFUL BASTARDS.

See you never.

Okay, maybe not that way exactly, but college . . . incomparable.
What can we gain by sailing to the moon if we are not able to cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves? This is the most important of all voyages of discovery, and without it, all the rest are not only useless, but disastrous... - Thomas Merton

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
But nobody knew who they were clapping for most of the time. The school would invite some guest to speak and we'd all just clap like he'd won some kind of medal before he even spoke. My school was properly mental though so may not apply to anywhere else
I am in tenth grade as well, and while I look forward to my future, I am sort of dreading the actual ceremony. There's roughly 700 (give or take ten) students in my class and with a 99% pass rate, it's definitely not going to be a cake walk. When we had the 8th grade appreciation and promotion night at our intermediate school it took us almost 2 hours at a military speed. There was a speech and then they brought us up according to our AB block teachers so it went by groups of around 60-80. Luckily for us, that night it was only around 100 degrees. It was so funny though, they hire a party service to bring in nice chairs and stands, and trees. Yes, trees. Apparently they wanted a symmetrical pattern of trees, but half way through the ceremony the wind knocked over two of them.

I enjoy school. I really do. I know I gush about it tremendously, but I am in such a wonderful environment and given so many opportunities that I can't help but being happy. Not to mention my football team kicked DeLaSalle's @ss, first time they had ever lost a home game. It was awesome. I couldn't go because it was the weekend I went to the Oregon shakespeare festival, but a whole bunch of people called us during intermission of the night show to tell us. Good times, good times. I just try and focus and making memories. I know I won't really know these people in ten years, but right now I am having a helluva a lot of fun with them.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
I am in tenth grade. . . .

Whoops. I take back my post in your birthday thread . . . maybe.

Take it as a confirmation of your percieved maturity.

End of High School came very early into it for me.

I was one of those terrible teenagers, always in trouble, not studying etc, going out too much, I didn't seem to relate to the girls (went to girls school) in my year, all my friends were older than me.

I left School at 15yrs of age, got a job and moved out of home much to my parents horror, this made me grow up quite a lot, I went nursing when I was 16, then to uni later and somehow turned out ok,

I only have contact with one school friend, I seemed to loose contact with them because I spent many years doing shift work.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
well at the end of my 'high school' years i stayed on for at the same school for sixth form college so it wasnt all that big

Me and my friend went out for a meal, dats about it. i got really pissed off though because we werent allowed a prom.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Me and my friend went out for a meal, dats about it. i got really pissed off though because we werent allowed a prom.
yeah me too the previous few years of yr 12s had held crazy after-parties where heaps of people got drunk and lots of other people gate-crashed them. Causing the wrecking of a private bar one year and also a drug overdose (survived) the year before. Somehow the school figured it was somehow liable to lawsuit due to it's holding of the prom so cancelled it for our year group and the year 11 formal that year......oh well I'm over it now surprisingly.

Appy-polly-loggies
I just cant wait to graduate this year, I am def looking foward to college, I cant take high school parties any more I find my self visiting my friends in college more and more each weekend!

well, i'm gettin closer to it, got an A on my english mid-term, and i'm confident about all the rest

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by Gustavoman
End of high school for me:

HOLY GOD, GET AWAY FROM ME YOU HATEFUL BASTARDS.

See you never.

Okay, maybe not that way exactly, but college . . . incomparable.
yes yes college has so much more freedom. At my school homosexual people were totally shunned and at college there's a queer society. At my school is was very uncool to be interested in Politics and at College there's labor+Liberal societies. Heck there's even a role-playing society that play those really complicated boardgames at my college. I haven't joined any of those groups (obvious reasons - not gay, political or interested remotely in those games) but the fact that I could join those clubs and hang out with like minded people is a comfort in itself.

I much prefer it to the entrapment of school life.

And this is my BOOMstick!
I heard college (university) rules. Can't wait.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
I heard college (university) rules. Can't wait.
Yeah, I also heard those f_ckin' loans are fun to pay off once you're done. I CAN'T F_CKIN' WAIT!!!!!
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Ahhhh the good ol' days..

At the end of high school we were all allowed to have a "Breakfast", which was really known to us kids as our "Muck up Day". This involved getting dressed up with your group of friends in any costume you wanted - we opted for the army look - and brought eggs, jelly, food dye, vinegar and any other left over foods in our fridge/cupboards - not to eat - but to throw at one another on the school's oval! It was probably the most fun I've ever had and I can't believe my school allowed it! Ever wanted to have a food fight with your friends or to throw a water balloon filled with dye at your least favourite teacher? Well that's what our school organised for us before our final year exams!

Meanwhile it took me a good few days to scrub off all the food dye and glitter not to mention the smell of fish oil!