Are there any movies inspired by songs?

Tools    

Ive always wanted to make a movie out of Hotel California by The Eagles, thought it laid out great imagery i figured it would be a supernatural drama maybe bits of horror akin to the shining but more romantic. Just thinking of the scene when jack is at the bar.

Is there any movies inspired by song lyrics or do you have any ideas of your own i have a few others.

Iron man by Black sabbath i didnt know they wernt talking about the comic book iron man for along time but i pictured iron man going crazy and going on a rampage dark but sounds interesting

And Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix Just thought of that one.

Oh that's a really nice list. will be checking some of those out

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-movie-953651/

Deadline reports that Radar Pictures has secured the rights to the centerpiece of ELP’s 1973 album Brain Salad Surgery with Robopocalypse author Daniel H. Wilson on board to adapt “Karn Evil 9” into a screenplay.

I may be misremembering a bit, but I think Terry Gilliam said that his movie stemmed from the image of a sort of happy go lucky man in a beach chair, surrounded by industrialization & gloomy weather, closing his eyes and listening to the song Brazil to tune out his surroundings and create an imaginary escape hatch.

This might be a stretch but would the Beatles' movies "A Hard Day's Night" and "Help!" work on this list?

Not really what im looking for, ill say it does but its like all the elvis movies too named after his songs. Across the universe is a whole movie based on they're Song's i think right?

Harper Valley PTA (1978)

Ode to Billy Joe (1976)

I always associate these two... I guess because the songs and then the movies came out around the same time.

There must be some but I don't know any

I may be misremembering a bit, but I think Terry Gilliam said that his movie stemmed from the image of a sort of happy go lucky man in a beach chair, surrounded by industrialization & gloomy weather, closing his eyes and listening to the song Brazil to tune out his surroundings and create an imaginary escape hatch.
Yup. That's where Gilliam certainly got the title Brazil and why he used that song, for sure. He saw a stretch of beach at sunset near Port Talbot in Wales with a lot of industrialization around and the sand covered in black coal dust and he imagined a man lounging there enjoying the view and happy, romantic music one might pick up via radio. That juxtaposition is what started him down the path of what became Brazil.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra