Lets Talk Football

Tools    

My Darth Star is in for a service
Back in the late 70s early 80s I trained with Havant Town before they merged with Waterlooville.
They're the ones who made Liverpool sweat in the 2008 FA Cup.
Well they had a couple of players then who would have kicked the life out of Keane.
He wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes back in the 70s.
He was overrated and only won stuff because of the players around him.
He isn't worthy of polishing Bale's boots.

I watched a You Tube vid earlier where Roy Keane upset Jamie Redknapp by calling Spurs average and without Son and Kane they'd be nowhere near the top of the table.
I posted on the vid asking him who beat Man Utd 6-1 earlier in the season, who is playing Man City in the EFL Cup and he was just a thug on the pitch and a bully in the TV studio.
I'd have Ndombele in my team over Keane any day of the week.

That was pretty funny tbh

Where's that neg rep button gone?

Seriously though, Keane was an oustanding player and could've played anytime.... Except now.

As for Spurs and Bale...

Seriously though, Keane was an oustanding player and could've played anytime.... Except now.

As for Spurs and Bale...

All I have to say to you is....6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1

there's a frog in my snake oil

As for Spurs and Bale...

Oh hell yeah, no worries, I’m just enjoying the flashes of pomp

If we were to drag ourselves out of this slump and get something out of the season (to keep our bigger names on the bandwagon), or at least see it out in style, that’d be fine by me though

—-

Talking of lesser names though, loved Mourinho’s description of what Lamela brings: "wild, disorganised intensity". It’s a great description of our deranged Argentinian peacock

Oh and talking of slumps... there’s that final whistle :/

Fulham totally deserved a point against us midweek. So solid, and they do have threat upfront with Lookman, Loftus-Cheek etc.

It’s kinda sad to see Liverpool crash like this. In part because it’s so obviously due to not having the bench that billions bring.

But hey, at least Leicester are still going mad guns

As for Spurs and Bale...

Ok it’s 9pm, how about now?

In fairness Harry was the one having a pomp and glory moment, but watching the pair of them spraying passes around the park (and linking up for the goals) was grand

Moura must have some top turnover stats for the last 5 games too. Little guy is on fire!

Well I don't think Klopp is going to be on the shortlist for manager of the year.

My choices (this may change as the season draws to a close)

Pep Guardiola
Brendan Rodgers
David Moyes
OGS
and if Fulham manage the great escape Scott Parker

As for player of the year

Ilkay Gundogan
Luke Shaw
Harvey Barnes
Emiliano Martinez
Jack Grealish
Phil Foden
Mason Mount
Tomas Soucek

A special award for Alexander Lacazette for loudest scream of the season after being tripped by a blade of grass.

Miss of the season, Saiss of Wolverhampton Wanderers for putting the ball over the crossbar from 1 yard out.

Worst Refferee of the year goes to Lee Mason for the Brighton free kick farce.

And finally, worst penalty taker of the year is shared between Ademola Lookman and Ivan Cavaleiro of Fulham for their sheer incompetence from the spot.

It’s kinda sad to see Liverpool crash like this. In part because it’s so obviously due to not having the bench that billions bring.
Is it though? Although I do kind of see it in a 'once proud powerhouse getting kicked about by everyone' kind of way. I bit like a boxer who's gone a fight or two too many and keeps taking fights and getting a beating by someone who really isn't in their class.

Ok it’s 9pm, how about now?

In fairness Harry was the one having a pomp and glory moment, but watching the pair of them spraying passes around the park (and linking up for the goals) was grand
That was a great display and I don't want to disparage Spurs or Bale, it just seemed as if the Spurs boys were getting a little high over a good performance over a bad Burnley. Burnley are a good team, tough to beat... Except when they're not. And then they're really poor. The other two have been Palace and Wolfberger.

Ilkay Gundogan
Luke Shaw
Harvey Barnes
Emiliano Martinez
Jack Grealish
Phil Foden
Mason Mount
Tomas Soucek
I have to say I'm surprised not to see Dias or Fernandes there. For my money they're the two players of the year and their performances intergral to where they're teams are in the league. Unless you're looking for more of a dark horse player? Not that they're not good players or don't deserve a mention, but for me it's really between the two I mentioned.

Question for the Spurs fans (and anyone else of course) is this Jose now that Bale is fit and he thinks he can produce for Spurs? Or is it now that the league has gone and, probably, a top four finish, Jose allowing Spurs to play like this because why not as he/they have nothing to lose?

Well I don't think Klopp is going to be on the shortlist for manager of the year.

My choices (this may change as the season draws to a close)

Pep Guardiola
Brendan Rodgers
David Moyes
OGS
and if Fulham manage the great escape Scott Parker

Ilkay Gundogan
Luke Shaw
Harvey Barnes
Emiliano Martinez
Jack Grealish
Phil Foden
Mason Mount
Tomas Soucek

A special award for Alexander Lacazette for loudest scream of the season after being tripped by a blade of grass.

Miss of the season, Saiss of Wolverhampton Wanderers for putting the ball over the crossbar from 1 yard out.

Worst Refferee of the year goes to Lee Mason for the Brighton free kick farce.

And finally, worst penalty taker of the year is shared between Ademola Lookman and Ivan Cavaleiro of Fulham for their sheer incompetence from the spot.
I have to say I'm surprised not to see Dias or Fernandes there. For my money they're the two players of the year and their performances intergral to where they're teams are in the league. Unless you're looking for more of a dark horse player? Not that they're not good players or don't deserve a mention, but for me it's really between the two I mentioned.
Dias has had a good season but no better than Stones, Keane, Fofana etc.
Fernandes has had an outstanding season here and there but does tend to disappear in big games.
Gundogan has had an excellent season and his goals and effort have been a big reason City are on top of the table.
Shaw is probably the most improved player in the prem and deserves to be on the list.
Harvey Barnes has been as consistent as anyone this season and another scoring more goals than in previous seasons.
Martinez is the standout keeper this season so far.
Grealish has dragged Villa up the league while playing some excellent football.
Foden has been awesome and I expect him in the running for young player of the year.
Same goes for Mason Mount, Chelseas best player this season.
Soucek has been a revelation, goals, excellent defensive work and puts himself in where others fear to tread.

I fully expect Fernandes to be on the list along with Kane but I'd like to see one of those mentioned win it.

That was a great display and I don't want to disparage Spurs or Bale, it just seemed as if the Spurs boys were getting a little high over a good performance over a bad Burnley. Burnley are a good team, tough to beat... Except when they're not. And then they're really poor. The other two have been Palace and Wolfberger.
Oh yeah I'm still just enjoying the verve and ignoring the flakey opposition

(Burnley just never recovered from the early goal, totally different team from the human-borg-shield we played last time. And Crystal Palace have more psychodrama going on than a Brazilian soap opera...)

Arsenal should be a fun test though

Question for the Spurs fans (and anyone else of course) is this Jose now that Bale is fit and he thinks he can produce for Spurs? Or is it now that the league has gone and, probably, a top four finish, Jose allowing Spurs to play like this because why not as he/they have nothing to lose?
I don't feel like he's radically changed formation, or the attempt at the press, or the attacking weighting to the front of the team, anything like that. I'd say an important thing that's changed is that both Bale and Kane stepped into some form (Bale in general, and Kane warming up again after injury).

The team in general has had their head high the whole time, I think stuff's just clicked a bit, with goals at the end of it.

(There's something to be said for breaks feeling 'dangerous', even if they don't pay off. They just sow that extra doubt in the opposition. I feel like we've had that vibe in the last few games, and it's given us that extra 5% across the park.)

Well if you were going to do it, it would be this season. Juve are poor and not well managed. Pirlo might become a world class manager, but atm he's mismanaging a team which is/was already at the end of a cycle and an expensive Ronaldo who arrived a season too late IMO and now doesn't really fit.

That's not to play down beating them. That Juve team still should've been enough to beat this Porto team.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Well if you were going to do it, it would be this season. Juve are poor and not well managed. Pirlo might become a world class manager, but atm he's mismanaging a team which is/was already at the end of a cycle and an expensive Ronaldo who arrived a season too late IMO and now doesn't really fit.

That's not to play down beating them. That Juve team still should've been enough to beat this Porto team.
Yes! Funnily enough, it was on the 17th anniversary of a little match you might remember! And Porto's second goal was born from pretty much the same exact place of the field! And Ronaldo was also playing 17 years ago.
March 9th is surely a good day for Porto and not a good one for Ronaldo

Not really sure what to think about last night. Lucky to get a draw considering how poor we were in the first half and a goal which I really don't understand how it came to be disallowed. Or unlucky to not win by a goal or two, considering the chances James and Maguire had and that we lost an injury time equalizer thanks to some poor defending and a mistake by the keeper?

Man Utd were woeful, Leicester deserved winners.
Chelsea weren't great versus Sheff Utd, a terrible game to watch.

Semi Finals FA Cup

Southampton V Leicester

Chelsea V Man City

Man Utd were woeful, Leicester deserved winners.
Quoted for truth.

I could go on a rant about how poor we were and why, but I've pretty much said it all before and I know it isn't going to change any time soon, so I'll just continue to watch United become Arsenal over the next 5 years or so.

That said, one thing; why was Fred back on for the second half?

Quoted for truth.

I could go on a rant about how poor we were and why, but I've pretty much said it all before and I know it isn't going to change any time soon, so I'll just continue to watch United become Arsenal over the next 5 years or so.

That said, one thing; why was Fred back on for the second half?
I guess only OGS knows the answer to that question.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Hope that the clubs that are creating the Superleague are banned from any official competition while that joke lasts... Rich boys club, half of them with more money than titles!