The Fantasy Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I double check the spreadsheet's results once with a calculator, and another time by hand, so while I can use the technology, I apparently don't trust it haha.
NEVER trust technology -- it's all witchcraft I tell you!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
CONGRATS @rauldc14 for the win!!!
I was one of the three folks that had it at #2

I also had Kwaidan at #6. A great surprise to see it land so high in the vote.

And, of course, to our excellent Lady of the Graph, BRAVO Cosmic!!!

here's my votes
1) La Belle et la Bête #5
2) The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring #1
3) Kiki's Delivery Service #3
4) Tideland #10
5)The Dark Crystal #6
6) Kwaidan #2
7) DragonHeart #9
8) Dragonslayer #8
9) E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial #4
10) Excalibur #7

The win appears to have been by a landslide. Other than that, the results don't match my votes even a little I included the other two LotR films on my ballot at .5 positions.

1: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

2: Excalibur (1981)

2.5: The Two Towers (2002)

3: Tideland (2005)

4: Dragonslayer (1981)

4.5: The Return of the King (2003)

5: The Dark Crystal (1982)

6: Kwaidan (1964)

7: Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)

8: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)

9: La Belle et la Bête (2014)

10: DragonHeart (1996)

For each of the films, I decided to take a quote from the person who nominated it, as well as someone who had the film in their top 3. I didn't have to think hard on who to pick for The Dark Crystal's other quote, because MG was the only person other than me to have the film ranked that high.
Hell yeah, Im a fan of the artistic creator of the film and Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal are amazing and from my early teenhood.

I spent a lot of time debating whether I should rank Fellowship or Return of the King at #1. As much as I've pointed out the flaws of RotK in this thread, many scenes still gives me chills, and it's arguably one of the best conclusions to a film series in the history of cinema. So I placed it at #1, but was kind of relieved when it was disqualified, because I do think that Fellowship is the more balanced film.

After the two Lord of the Rings films, Kwaidan was easily my next favourite nomination. Even its weakest segment is still enjoyable, and I'd still be impressed with those visuals even if the film wasn't as old as it actually is. I'm glad that it placed so high in the HoF.

Here was my final list:
DQ. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
01. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
02. Kwaidan
03. The Dark Crystal
04. Excalibur
05. Kiki's Delivery Service
06. DragonHeart
07. Dragonslayer
08. La Belle et la Bête
09. Tideland
10. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Thanks everyone for participating, and for the positive feedback on this reveal, even though it's exactly the same thing I've done for the other Hall of Fames I've hosted haha.

Thats it!!! You guys are forcing me to watch Labyrinth! That's what I am going to do! Forget Bronco Billy, the movie tonight is Labyrinth!!!

The trick is not minding
Thats it!!! You guys are forcing me to watch Labyrinth! That's what I am going to do! Forget Bronco Billy, the movie tonight is Labyrinth!!!
Dance magic, dance!

If you are a fan of Labyrinth... Toby promotes a site that is on fb... called The Fernie Brae.

He, himself, took the same career of his parents.. Puppetry and Artwork. His mother helped create Yoda for Henson and I have some of her porcelain dolls and books with her dolls in them.

I have Brian's artwork books as well.

@edarsenal @Wyldesyde19

I know you can appreciate these.

Its from one of my Brian Froud books..

I have more... will post another time.

I even have someone's collectible book..

I do too!

I was glad he used the Irish myth of the Golden Army and Nuada and Nuala in the 2nd Hell Boy film.

Here's my voting list.

1 Excalibur
2 Beauty and the Beast
3 Tideland
4 DragonHeart
5 Kiki's Delivery Service
6 E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
7 Kwaidan
8 Dragonslayer
9 LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring
10 The Dark Crystal

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I didn't expect E.T. to win, but I'm glad that most people liked it. Hopefully some people can see it more as a fantasy movie than a sci-fi movie now. Not surprisingly, it was #1 on my list.

I was surprised that people didn't like DragonHeart more. I thought it was one of the most enjoyable movies in this HoF. I had it ranked at #2 on my list.

I don't think that La Belle et la Bête is the best of the "Beauty and the Beast" movies, but it's a good movie, and I liked it a lot. It ended up at #3 on my list. (Those of you who know my feelings about foreign movies with subtitles should realize that #3 is actually a very high ranking from me for this movie.)

I haven't seen a lot of Miyazaki's movies, but I liked Kiki's Delivery Service enough that it was #4 on my list. I probably won't go looking for more of his movies on my own, but I'm looking forward to seeing a few more of them in future HoFs.

While I wasn't a big fan of the Lord of the Rings movies, I'm not surprised that The Fellowship of the Ring came in at #1. It's an enjoyable trilogy, and even though it wasn't my favorite movie, I think it deserved to win. The whole trilogy ended up in the middle of my list, probably because the movies in this HoF were basically split up as 1) movies I liked, 2) movies I respected more than liked, 3) movies that were okay, but I thought I would have liked them more, and 4) movies that I disliked. (Fortunately there were only two movies in that last category.) The LotR trilogy were the movies that I respected, but someday I hope to rewatch them, and maybe move them up to the higher category.

This was my ranked list:
1) E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
2) DragonHeart (1996)
3) La Belle et la Bête (2014)
4) Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)
5) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
6) The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
7) The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
8) The Dark Crystal (1982)
9) Dragonslayer (1981)
10) Excalibur (1981)
11) Kwaidan (1964)
12) Tideland (2005)