First movie you watched

Tools    

For me it was Men in Black back in 2001/2002.

Vaguely remember another thread like this.

⬆️ Only reason I thought this was because fairly sure I once posted 1st movie I saw at the cinema, but in what context I don’t know. I searched, but couldn’t find a similar thread.

⬆️ Only reason I thought this was because fairly sure I once posted 1st movie I saw at the cinema, but in what context I don’t know. I searched, but couldn’t find a similar thread.
I'm pretty sure Ami meant that she wonders how people remember which movie they watched first.

I sure as hell can't remember which one was my first.

A bucket of anxiety
I didn't realize we were talking about the cinema. I have a memory of being in one for the first time but I couldn't tell you which movie it was because I was too young to understand the concept of a movie theater.

The trick is not minding
First movie I saw in the theatre was The Empire Strikes Back but I doubt it during it’s original run in 1980, as I was only 3. Probably 1982 according to box office mojo releases.
My earliest memories I have as a child are my time in Arizona and those are hazy.
Oklahoma in ‘84 is pretty strong. That was when I first learned of films in general with Ghostbusters, Karate Kid, Beverly Hills Cop, and A Nightmare on Elm Street.
But it wasn’t until I moved to Florida in ‘85 that I started hitting the movie theatre more often.
The films help me remember more clearly because it’s like a chart, used to connect all my stops in life and time periods. Like in 1996 when I first became the cinephile I am today during my junior year of HS, after watching this little thing called the Oscars (Braveheart won BP) where I started renting from a little store down the street to see what all the hype was about the Oscars, grabbing anything that said “Oscar nominated” on it.

Sorry, I get a little sentimental about the past haha

No idea if we're talking about literally the first movie seen. The first movie in theaters was most likely some crappy Finnish comedy (not sure though). The only thing I'm sure of is that the first movie I saw on the video was Conan the Barbarian (I was nine years old).

my parents always watched movies.. so with me... who knows... first movie I remember going to the cinema to see was "Peter Pan". I only remember because I got in trouble for writing "f*ck you" on the wall... I was mad at my parents and had to be about 5 or so.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
The first movie I watched in the theaters was Star Wars: Episode IV. The first movie I can remember watching on TV was The Mind of Mr. Soames.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The first ones I can recall are The Vikings and The Tartars, a double bill I saw at the Compton Drive-In in Summer 1962 [I would have been six]. Coincidentally, here is what it looked like.

The trick is not minding
The first ones I can recall are The Vikings and The Tartars, a double bill I saw at the Compton Drive-In in Summer 1962 [I would have been six]. Coincidentally, here is what it looked like.
I wish there were still double bills. My older brother told me about them and how he use to watch films that weren’t blockbusters but were interesting nonetheless

The first one I remember was Snow White... and it was twice... once at a drive-in (I remember being in pajamas in the car - so I probably fell asleep) and once in the theater where I allegedly was scared by the Magic Mirror and had to be temporarily removed for crying.

A bucket of anxiety
my parents always watched movies.. so with me... who knows... first movie I remember going to the cinema to see was "Peter Pan". I only remember because I got in trouble for writing "f*ck you" on the wall... I was mad at my parents and had to be about 5 or so.
Reminds me of a time my parents went to see 50 First Dates and a guy gave Sandler the bird and as a tiny child I thought that was hilarious for some reason so I immediately gave the screen the bird.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
I remember what movie and even which edition.

The first one I remember is C.H.O.M.P.S. It's one of those kids movies parents used to love taking their kids to. Ya know, the ones where they figure the kids will fall in love with a cute character, like a little dog, then the movie
WARNING: "" spoilers below
kills the sonofabitch
. Good times.