The "It" remake

Tools    

After spending years in development hell, the new It finally started production some time last year (I can't remember exactly when), and the teaser makes It look awesome. I know it's only a teaser, and I shouldn't put too much stock into it, but I'm excited. Are you?

The new Pennywise looks FREAKY! I hope this one is great, too.
Yeah, I'm excited. I think I was about 10 when I saw the TV version and I particularly liked the way we see the characters as kids and then as adults. It had a good atmosphere about it and was genuinely unsettling.

With the new Pennywise, I think it's very clever of the costume designer to look back in history and reference old costumes to emphasise the entity's lifespan. Obviously also very different to the TV clown's more brightly coloured incarnation.

Someone made a video with a side by side comparison of the original trailer and the new one.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
So far so good. I'm a sucker for the kids vs. ______ film. Thanks Steven.

movies can be okay...
That trailer was some bullshIT. hehehe I love puns. But seriously, it actually looks like it's going to suck pretty badly, how surprising....
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

I don't actually wear pants.
Well, it's not really a remake, so much as a new film based on the same book.

Either way, It looks awesome. It's not really fair to compare the two, but it is in inevitable. I think this new version looks better, though I still love Curry's Pennywise. The house on Neibolt Street looks great, and I'm interested to see how it goes from book to screen.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm so sick of the "BOOM" sound effect in horror trailers and movies. Judging by that it looks like a whole bunch of cheap jump scares.
Me too. I dont mind a one off for shts and giggles but when they overuse them I fll asleep - literally.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
argh. I hate to be the guy knit-picking but wuh-tha-hell?
Prepare thyself for some 4SRSLY petty basement level OCD magic!

WARNING: "Trailer spoilers---if there is such a thing?" spoilers below

So at 00:15 to 00:19, the boy and his boat are on his right side of the road.
(I did take the time to screen-capture each reference, scale them down in Photoshop, mark them all accordingly to highlight each intricate point of detail, then post them here to accompany the captions but for whatever reason I could not post until I removed them all.)

At 00:20 they are on his left side of the road. Note: no road blocks except for the background there with the tarp. The coming Danger Drain! is in view.

At 00:21 cut back, they are both again on his right side.

Between 00:21 to 00:23 the camera follows the boat from overhead with a clear and unobstructed line of approach to the Derry Public Works road block, which the boy then slams his face against.

Yet, as the camera pulls back to reveal the environment at 00:26, there is a second Derry Public Works road block a solid 10 yards before the one he ran into. One that he should have either already face-slammed, or dodged completely to the hit the second without paying attention. The camera at least should have totally gotten tangled up against it following the boat so closely >=P~

The boat does eventually veer to his left, sailing on to the gutter drain for the final reveal. 1) This is just a continuity error and using the tarp and road blocks as reference points, I think one shot was just delivered out of sequence (the one starting 00:20 should have been last, placing both the boy and boat correctly on the left after the accident). Even still. 2) Surely he would have hit the first road block first? Or he would have seen it enough to have first avoided the first one.... first!?

oh. and uh... FIRST!!!

This is a teaser trailer for what I assume is a largely anticipated movie! Don't do this!!! Obsessive compulsive types need luv too, ya know?!

OKOK.
You can tell me I'm a prick. I'm mostly just having fun with this as I never pay THAT much attention to trailers. Still though, once you see it...

Please please please don't judge future posts from me too harshly based on this one alone!!! I promise I will do better!!!!! *runs away crying ...yet laughing maniacally!*

0=)

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The bassdrop slowdown distort sound effect drives me crazy. I think Spielberg started it with WotW and now it gets used all the time.

IT looks creepy as hell, but I don't know how it will work this time with a condensed runtime.

When I heard about this remake, I had no interest. When I saw the first photo released of Pennywise, I had even less. The recent trailer has turned me around so much that I am willing to taking a chance at seeing this at the show.

so they are remaking the movie as if it was 1990 ? i saw an old camaro z28 and older cars in the trailer

Nope... 1989... the movie is only following the kids as well. No adults.
They're obviously building up for the sequel in 2019.

One thing I do like, is from what I've read... they haven't toned down the racism of some of the characters.
Henry Bowers and his Father, one of the major parts of their characters was they were highly prejudiced toward blacks... I was imagining the filmmakers writing all that out because of modern times stunting free speech and creativity... but it looks as though they've kept to the original characters traits.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Just finished watching the original for the first time.... it sucks. I'm writing a review on it for my review thread, so i'll post it pretty soon.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I wasn't a fan of the mini-series but thought Curry did a good job. I saw the trailer for the re-imagining and I still think Pennywise looks as ridiculous as he did in the original photos they released. I've seen a few people mention that this is will be a first film and they're releasing a sequel later, if that's not the case, I can't help but feel the trailer is playing off the popularity of Stranger Things.

A system of cells interlinked
Just finished watching the original for the first time.... it sucks. I'm writing a review on it for my review thread, so i'll post it pretty soon.
What kills me about it, is that the first half of the miniseries is actually pretty well done. The second half is absolutely terrible, though. The adult cast was just plain bad. What were they thinking? I also disliked that it was on TV, and had to be rated PG.

Yeah, It's mediocre, save for Tim Curry. He rocks as Pennywise. The first half is usually toted as the better half, and it is. More happens. In the second, adult-following half, it's a lot of yammering about nothing. Get to the point, please. I expect the new It will be better in every regard, except for Pennywise, though the new one still looks great. I'm excited.

The bassdrop slowdown distort sound effect drives me crazy. I think Spielberg started it with WotW and now it gets used all the time.

IT looks creepy as hell, but I don't know how it will work this time with a condensed runtime.
The "condensed runtime" is because the one that comes out this year follows the kids, and then there's a second It coming in a year or two, which focuses on the adults. So, it's divided into two parts, and focused on one particular age group in each film. Granted, fitting the book into a movie would take about twenty of them, so we'll see. It's fairly common, though, that a large book is scrunched into a two-hour package.

Someone made a video with a side by side comparison of the original trailer and the new one.
Okay, I looked for the TV It trailer that mirrors the '17 It trailer, and found nothing. I found about four, and they weren't at all similar to the '17 trailer.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
What kills me about it, is that the first half of the miniseries is actually pretty well done. The second half is absolutely terrible, though. The adult cast was just plain bad. What were they thinking? I also disliked that it was on TV, and had to be rated PG.
Although I didn't like the movie, i do admit the first half is alot better than the second.